Chefchaouene Travel Answers

change location
OperaDuck's Profile Photo

Getting from Casablanca to Chefchaouene

by OperaDuck Online Now Sep 25, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Hi, I will be arriving in Casablanca around 1pm in early December. Is there a CTM bus that I can take in the afternoon to go to Chefchaouene?

Where do I go to take the CTM bus and what time does it depart?

Is it a direct bus or do I need to stopover in Tetouan to catch another bus? (I suppose it will be late in the night by then?)

Any website I can got to book the ticket in advance?

I'm a single female traveller, so wondering what is the quickest and safest way to get to Chefchaouene. If needed, I may stay overnight in Casablanca for one day before heading to Chefchaouene the following morning.

Grateful for any advice. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Re: Getting from Casablanca to Chefchaouene

by Kuskiwi Online Now Sep 26, 2012 at 7:17 PM

The CTM bus leaves in the morning. Takes over 6 hours. I'm not sure where it leaves from now.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Dan30's Profile Photo

Re: Getting from Casablanca to Chefchaouene

by Dan30 Online Now Sep 27, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Here is the bus and train web site in Morocco. I hope it helps you plan your trip have fun.

1. http://www.ctm.ma/ BUS)
    2. http://oncf.ma/Pages/Accueil.aspx TRAIN

• OperaDuck's Profile Photo

by OperaDuck Online Now Oct 4, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Hi, thanks so much for sharing the websites. I knew about the oncf train site, but not familiar with the bus site. So that was really useful. I'll be arriving Casablanca early afternoon, so seems like i may have to stay in casablanca one night overnight before leaving for Chefchaouene the next day. Thanks again.

• Dan30's Profile Photo

by Dan30 Online Now Oct 5, 2012 at 4:49 AM

You most welcome that whole idea VT help VT members with advice & the only benefit we get is some points (there is a option for VT members to write yes or no if advice was helpful.

Well if do decide to take bus or train please come back to this VT forum question update me and VT members for prices of train ticket & tell us about your trip when come back to your home nation.

Last tip Morocco takes Hard Currency) American Dollars Euros and Pound sterling) Euro currency most liked simply the most tourist that visit morocco come from Euro zone countries I.E France Spain Germany.

Here link to Bank of Morocco exchange rates for foreign currency.

bkam.ma/wps/portal/net/kcxml...

Have fun in morocco I hope you have magically trip – I’m planning to visit next year.

• OperaDuck's Profile Photo

by OperaDuck Online Now Oct 5, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Thanks once again Dan. I know I'll certainly have a magical time in Morocco. It's my second trip there. I missed out Chefchaouene the last time, heard so much about it, and vowed I will be back.

I don't think I'll be taking train though. Seems like only buses go to Chefchaouene, not trains. But train travel is quite comfortable in Morocco. Travelled from Marrakech to Casablance by train the last time I was there. Excellent!

• Dan30's Profile Photo

by Dan30 Online Now Oct 6, 2012 at 3:17 PM

I am pleased I can be some help, to trip to the magically kingdom of Morocco.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Chefchaouene