Chefchaouene Travel Answers

change location
oceania26's Profile Photo

Transport to/from Chefchaouen

by oceania26 Online Now Aug 16, 2007 at 3:41 PM

Can someone tell me:

1. Approximately what time and how many buses depart for Chefchaouen from Tangier (I read somewhere that there's only 2)
2. If the above is true, then I might take a taxi, roughly how much is a taxi cost from Tangier to Chefchaouen?
3. Approximately what time and how many buses depart for Fes from Chefchaouen (again I read somewhere that there's only 2, in the afternoon)

I just want to get a general idea...thanks!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • angiebabe's Profile Photo

Re: Transport to/from Chefchaouen

by angiebabe Online Now Aug 17, 2007 at 6:33 AM

Hell, theres quite a number of buses throughout the day run between Tangier (from tangiers local bus and grande taxi station - not the ctm station) and Chefchaouen in both directions, prices are pretty cheap about 30 dirham - its done as 2 journeys usually tangier to tetouan, tetouan to chaouen and vice versa. so i usually recommend taking advantage of the cheap baggage storage at tetouan and go see that place for an hour or two. theres the archeology museum which has excellent mosaics and articles from the lixus and so on roman cities and the unesco medina of tetouan. good place to buy babouches/leather shoes and slippers.

also quite a number of taxis(grande taxis) that go when they are full that is when the 6 seats taken. but they are faster and dont stop frequently like the buses do so you normally have much shorter travel times. you can make it easier and more comfortable and better viewing to buy 2 seats especially if you can get the 2 front seats. taxis are about double the bus. still cheap really so about 50-60 dirham for the whole route.

From Chaouen to Fes they go about 5 times a day if not more - when i was last there the shop below the town was officially the bus station or rather bus stop and had a list of timetables on it.
    same again with taxis.

one time i caught the excellent ctm bus from fes to marrakech which goes each morning at 730 arriving at 315pm for about 130 dirham. i think they then had a late night bus. but the scenery during the day is nice. as is also the route between chefchouen and fes.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Transport to/from Chefchaouen

by blint Online Now Mar 28, 2008 at 6:55 AM

You can find some info about transport to and from on my page: members.virtualtourist.com/m...

With the taxi's if you are prepared to get one just for you then it could be OK, but costly. Otherwise be prepared to share with 6 other people in a normal sized car. That means two on the front passenger seat.

by ruairiben Online Now Jul 2, 2008 at 5:49 PM

Do you know how much I would have to pay for a whole taxi for my family? Or how much it is to get a taxi from Chefchaouen to Fez? Thanks so much Megan

by eviewonder Online Now Aug 22, 2009 at 3:47 AM

Hi angie
    would u know how long the taxi takes from Tangier to Chefchaoun. Also how long the taxt takes from Fez to Chefchauon? I want to get a flight from London to Tangier but it may now not be possible on the dates I want. I have been offered Fez instead but it is further away from Chef so wanted some idea on how long taxi would take firstly from Tangier to Chef and also Fez to chef. Many thanks for any help u could give....

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Chefchaouene