Chefchaouene Travel Answers

change location

Help with travelling to Chefchaouene

by Downtick Online Now Apr 3, 2005 at 9:18 AM

Hello, I would like to go to Chefchaouene very much. We will be ariving in Tanger. How does anyone suggest we get there?

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • RE: RE: Help with travelling to Chefchaouene

by Downtick Online Now Apr 3, 2005 at 12:21 PM

Ok, good. I get into tanger late in the day though, around 6pm. Do you think there are other departures with this company later on in the day?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Help with travelling to Chefchaouene

by Downtick Online Now Apr 5, 2005 at 4:39 AM

can you reccomend any hotels to stay in while in Chefchaouene?

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Help with travelling to Chefchaouene

by angiebabe Online Now Apr 9, 2005 at 2:50 PM

its also easy to get a petite taxi from tangier ferry asking for the bus station and then catch local bus to chefchouen - its 30 dhm with the 2 sections tangier to tetouan and tetouan to chouen. or catch a grand taxi for 25 dhm each section. its worth stopping at tetouan to go to the archoelogy museum to see some excellent mosaics from lixus etc. anyway the buses are fairly frequent. at tangier i manage to get good deals at very nice marco polo hotel or the hotel continental is recommened also for excellent view. at chefchouen for culture the kasbah restaurant and hotel is cheap and clean and interesting with good cooking and drumming in the evenings or for more upmarket hotel gernicka. see the lonely planet for contact detail. i stayed at hotel andaluse which in summer is nice and airy and very interstingly decorated. great destination to spend a few days.

• spirit9's Profile Photo

RE: Help with travelling to Chefchaouene

by spirit9 Online Now Apr 25, 2005 at 4:47 AM

hello Larry,
    i am a moroccan citizen and i have read your message. if you need advice, i can help with telling you everything you want to know about morocco.
    i don't know exactly why you are planning to visit chefchaouen and not another place. there are a lot of good places in morocco (chefchaouen is also a wonderful place).
    so just send me mail and we could talk about it. my "msn messenger" address is : hamid_1983@hotmail.com and my mail address is : elaroussihamid@yahoo.fr
    i will be pleased to help you
    talk to you soon

• Re: Help with travelling to Chefchaouene

by blint Online Now Mar 28, 2008 at 6:58 AM

You can get there by bus. The CTM station (the best buses) is located by the port. The other bus station can be difficult to find, but exists where you can get more frequent and cheaper buses.

have a look at my chefchaouen page: "I've got the blues for you" - Chefchaouene by blint

Or Morrocco page: Morocco Transportation Tips by blint

I have some info there about the buses.

by 1234withheld Online Now May 11, 2008 at 2:50 AM

Interesting to note that Hamid did not answer your question.
    He thinks that there are better places to visit (which means he may want to take you elsewhere), and would like you to contact him.
    He will also be his new best friend. LOL
    Regards, El Cynic.

by michelling Online Now Jul 1, 2008 at 6:10 AM

from there you can get bus it's very cheap ,if you want go straight get taxi two hrs. about 300dh.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Chefchaouene