Chefchaouene Travel Answers

change location
nereid's Profile Photo

Can I do it as a day trip from Spain?

by nereid Online Now Mar 7, 2004 at 2:46 AM

I've never been to Morocco and Tangier is starting to sound a little scary. Is Chefchaoune do-able as a day trip from Algeciras? I'm thinking I might just want to skip through Tangier if I can go to Chefchaoune for a day trip. Is there a good bus that goes from Tangier to Chefchaoune? Thanks

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Re: Can I do it as a day trip from Spain?

by cachaseiro Online Now Mar 7, 2004 at 3:15 AM

if you wanna go to chefchaoune it will be easier for you to get the ferry to ceuta and then a bus from the border there.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Can I do it as a day trip from Spain?

by cachaseiro Online Now Mar 7, 2004 at 3:17 AM

i must admit though that one day is very little for such a trip. 2 or 3 days would be much better.

• nereid's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Can I do it as a day trip from Spain?

by nereid Online Now Mar 8, 2004 at 1:57 AM

Thanks for the tips, We still haven't decided what we're going to do yet. We might try for 2 days, but the problem is we're only going to be in Spain for 6 nights. It's a quick trip, but I have to go to Morocco if I'm going to be in Southern Spain!

• Re: Re: Can I do it as a day trip from Spain?

by Mothra Online Now Mar 18, 2004 at 4:51 PM

I agree with the previous poster - it's very dicey to do it as a one day trip. It took us at least 3 hours just to drive by car from Ceuta to Chefchaouen. It sounds to me like you'd be better off to take the day and spend it in Tangier. Yes, it's supposed to be rather sleazy - we bypassed it altogether - but some guidebooks say there are some really interesting bits. Trying to get away from Tangier would be just frustrating and you'd see absolutely nothing.

• anas00's Profile Photo

Re: Can I do it as a day trip from Spain?

by anas00 Online Now Jan 21, 2005 at 9:01 AM

well the fastest way to chaouen is through tangier since it s only 1 hour away and there are buses from there there are alson intercity taxis but they are tricky to find and you can do it in one day it s worth it plus am sure your gonna decide to stay there at least one night it so beautiful if you wanna see some pictures of it message me but it is best to just be surprised

• Re: Can I do it as a day trip from Spain?

by blint Online Now Mar 28, 2008 at 7:05 AM

If you go the Ceuta way you arrive in a small Moroccan Town which is 4 km from the border. You can get a taxi to the town, although when I did it I walked.

If you go to Tanger (you don't have to enter in the medina and is hassle free) you can also go from Tarifa.

Have a look at my Morocco page I have info there about getting to Morocco and Chefchaouen: Morocco Transportation Tips by blint

Or my Chefchaouen page: Chefchaouene Transportation Tips by blint

Or even my Cadiz page: Cadiz Things to Do Tips by blint

I have done it twice once going to Tanger and the other time to Ceuta. I think the Tanger way was actually easier.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Chefchaouene