Chautara

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Dual citizenship exit/entry

Nepal Sep 3, 2014 at 11:22 PM

This is by far a long shot, but I have dual citizenship and will be flying into China from Nepal. I'll stay in China for a few days before exiting and travelling around SE Asia.

Since getting the Indian visa seems to be a nightmare according to the local reviews (I am in my home country now working on the process), I just want to make sure I have a back-up plan.

I am doing flights which will be India > Nepal > China > Hong Kong, with days of intervals in between. If for some reason time is so restricted to the point where I am unable to get both my Indian and Chinese visa on my other passport here at home, I'll like to operate on the scheme of entering India/Nepal on one passport, then entering China on my Hong Kong ID.

Is it possible? How stringent are they in checking you? Has anyone flown into Kunming, China from Nepal and can you comment on the customs/passport check point area and all?

Thank you so much in advance.

more
    • Annapurna Lodge Freak streat

Kathmandu Sep 9, 2014 at 8:24 AM

I like to book a room at the annapurna lodge in kathmandu, but i didnt found any adress at the Internet to contact the lodge. Can anybody help please? I need the room at the 23th of september. Thank you!

more
    • Budget hotel

Kathmandu Sep 9, 2014 at 6:52 AM

Not sure if my first mail went through. Looking for a clean budget hotel with basics in Kathmandu from 6th Oct. for 2 nights.
      Appreciate if you can assist.
      madhi15@gmail.com

more
    • J.I.M's Profile Photo

Is it safe to get an Indian visa via a travel agency?

Kathmandu Aug 28, 2014 at 6:03 AM

Hi there. My wife and I just arrived in Kathmandu today and are looking forward to exploring Nepal. First though, we want to secure an Indian visa. We've read guides about getting it at the Indian embassy, which sounds like a headache but we're willing to do what we have to do. However, some of the hotel travel agencies we've spoken to say they can get the visa for us, which would cost the same as doing it ourselves but with an added 30 dollars on top. We're willing to pay the extra money if it's legit and saves the hassle, but does anyone here know if it's a good idea? We've heard of lots of scam travel agencies in India ripping tourists off, but we're not sure if Nepal has the same problem.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much!

more
    • shopping trip

Kathmandu Aug 25, 2014 at 8:36 AM

going on shopping trip for Nepalese artifacts ie, singing bowls, malas, bells etc where is the best wholesale place to buy

more
    • 2047hakan's Profile Photo

Trekking Pokhara-Jomsom

Nepalganj Aug 24, 2014 at 2:06 AM

Hi! I am going to trekk Pokhara-Jomsom in feb-15.Do I need a permit for this route? If so, can I get it in Pokhara or only in Kathmandu? If possible in Pokhara, is this a time consuming procedure,or is if possible to get the permit, go to the startpoint and start to walk the same day.
      Did this trekk 22 yrs ago,now i want to show my doughter. Is it still a good trekk.all the way or is it a idea to walk where the trail and road is seperated and go by bus where there is a road in order to save a day and spend more time in Kabeni/Muktinath? If you have any more info regarding this, please let me know...

HÃ¥kan

more