Travel Answers
Chattanooga

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Safe hotel near Memphis on I-140 for a Uhaul and car carrier.

Memphis Apr 20, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Hello, I am moving form CA to Maryland and will be staying near the Memphis area and need a Hotel off I-40 with a SAFE large parking lot for my 16 Foot moving truck plus small car carrier carrying my car. Any suggestions?

more
    • bachleor party

Gatlinburg Apr 18, 2014 at 7:41 PM

looking to go whitewater and maybe ziplining, plus some fun nightlife or pubs. Any adeas?

more
    • Any safe affordable hotels close to UT Medical

Memphis Apr 18, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Spending a week at UT Dental, 875 Union Ave. Need a hotel ideally within walking distance, but most say no such hotel exists in that area. Suggestions?

more
    • Family Activites

Fayetteville Apr 2, 2014 at 12:29 PM

My family and I are coming to town 4/20-4/22 to look at some land in hopes of making Fayetteville, TN our home soon. Can you tell me something we can do for animal loving kids that will help make them excited about the area? They are 7 & 8.

more
    • tour from nashille to momoth caves in kentucky

Nashville Mar 28, 2014 at 4:24 PM

We will be visiting Nashville next july and saw that the mamoth caves national park isnt that far from it in Kentucky. The probleme we are facing is we will not have a car so i wondered if there were any guided tour, transportation or solution for us to see the caves. The best scenarios would be a small tour operator that could bring us there and back in nashville afterward... but if there is any busses going there, that could drop us off at the caves that could do.. we are also going to chicago by grayhound bus after the nashville stop so it could be a stop along the way.... any ideas? we would like to see them. thanks.

more
    • transportation from Knoxville to Memphis

Memphis Apr 15, 2014 at 6:24 PM

what is the best way to get tthere?

more
    • getting to green hill mall

Nashville Apr 14, 2014 at 8:57 AM

can you get a bus from Nashville to the mall at green hills or how much would it be by taxi

more
    • pigeon forge to memphis

Pigeon Forge Apr 7, 2014 at 12:37 AM

just wanna ask what is the cheapest transportation from pigeon forge going to memphis?

more
    • Vacationing Advice for Gatlinburg / Smokey's

Gatlinburg Apr 8, 2014 at 11:29 AM

My 12 yr. old Boy and I are vacationing for the first time this summer (June) in the Smokey’s. We are from MO, and like to fish for catfish, bass etc. I was wondering about fishing in the area I see Douglas Lake looks good but it is so large, we are staying in Gatlinburg area how far is it to Douglas, which part of the lake do we go to driving from Gatlinburg, etc. Sorry I'm a newbie. I have actual been to the Smokey’s but it was about 20 yrs ago. :) Also any advice on fun things to do for kids and adults. Shows, go carts, etc. Good places to eat. And were not to go and waste my time and money. I know this is a lot of questions any help would really be appreciated! , Father & Son Trip!!
      Thanks!!!

more
    • Transportion During Fan Fare

Nashville Apr 3, 2014 at 7:35 AM

Are various means of transportation available continually throughout Fan Fare, Buses, Trolleys, cabs, etc.
      Or is it recommended to get a rental car. We are staying at a condominium.

more
    • arriving at Greyhound station

Memphis Apr 1, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Is there shuttle service available to downtown hotels?

more
    • crossing from memphis to arkansas without a car?

Memphis Mar 24, 2014 at 9:56 PM

i would like to go to arkansas just for the trhill of it, any idea where or how to cross the river from memphis on foot or for cheap and quick? anything fun to see on the other side? how much for a taxi ride back and forth(approx)

more
    • Will Chattanooga be opern?

by Bo-Bo Online Now Oct 11, 2013 at 4:27 AM

We would like to visit the Chattanooga area next week. Will all the attractions be open. Or, has obama closed those too? We will be going up from Tallahassee in a motor home with an suv in tow.

4 Answers Oct 11, 2013 at 12:16 PM
    • Towns outside

by Caddie9 Online Now Aug 9, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Was wondering is there any small towns outside Chattanooga that might be worth staying in and getting bus into downtown. Or any areas of Chattanooga what might be worth staying in and getting bus in to downtown

• Accommodation

by Caddie9 Online Now Aug 9, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Was wondering what decent accommodation there is near the Electric line into downtown. Which would be worth staying rather than pay high prices downtown

5 Answers Aug 10, 2013 at 12:29 PM
    • Weather and area to stay

by Caddie9 Online Now Jul 22, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Will be doing trip in early nov. was wondering what weather is like at that time of year and what is a good area to stay in.

2 Answers Jul 23, 2013 at 11:30 AM
    • MariaM136's Profile Photo

chatanooga hotspots

by MariaM136 Online Now Jun 15, 2013 at 12:04 PM

is it a great pace to be,and wat are the hotspots of chattanooga

• When is the River Festival

by stock662 Online Now Jun 12, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Is there a River Festival this weekend in Tennessee between June 13,2013 and June17,2013

1 Answer Jun 12, 2013 at 3:08 PM
    • Moving in the future

by ftlmom Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Thinking of moving here in a couple of years once the kids are in college. Burned out on the high cost of South Florida and crowds! Once a beautiful place to live. It's a difficult decision because we're not retiring. Late 40's. My husband has connection to possible position at VW. However, our family has property near Knox AND near Ashville, NC. We both have B.S. degree, like outdoor activity. We have been to the Ocoee and other sites. I hate to mention but saw an article; "if you like chiggars, ticks, red necks than Chatt is the place." We did not find that to be true on our trips and loved the downtown area. It seemed very progressive, business oriented. Of course we understand it is a slower pace from Fort. Laud. Also, can someone tell us about UTC which we hear is good vs. UT, Knox? I would like our youngest to attend but hear UT is massive. However, UTC may be a commuter school? Also hear the town Cleveland is nice. We like NC but colder/ice and we feel housing is more expensive in areas such as Chapel Hill, Raleigh. Thanks for all your advice!

5 Answers Mar 27, 2013 at 1:47 PM
    • Seniors lookout Mountain

by luksn Online Now Aug 12, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Will be bringing a group of senior citizens to LM in June. Have several questions. Is Point Blank this highest point on the mountain with the best views? Since some of my people are somewhat mobiity limited, is it possible to drive to the top? Is there a place on the top to have a picnic while enjoying the views? Since we won't be able to do the Ruby Falls/Rock City thing, any info on things that a group like this would enjoy would be appreciated. Thanks
      Norm

2 Answers Dec 14, 2012 at 6:02 PM
    • filipdebont's Profile Photo

Combining tourist attractions lookout mountain

by filipdebont Online Now Mar 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM

I am planning to visit Chattanooga during my next US road trip along the music cities. my question is : what is the best way to combine the incline rail road, ruby falls and rock city? Do I need to drive with my car to each attraction, or can they be combined (like parking at one spot, take the train up and then walk to the other ?

3 Answers Mar 11, 2012 at 4:23 PM
    • Planning a Vacation to Chattanooga

by AlexiaHorton Online Now Feb 16, 2011 at 7:38 PM

My family and I are planning a vacation to Chattanooga. Does anyone have any recommendations as where to eat and things to do while in the city? Looking for the best local spots that a typical tourist would miss. Thanks.

• is this a nice hotel to stay in .at chattanooga,tennessee us

by enjoylife1dayattime Online Now Jul 16, 2010 at 7:06 PM

is this hotel close to the southern belle riverboat.and how close is it to most attraction inthechattanooga area.please help.i've just become a member here don't have my pic's posted yet but soon well i am from the atlanta area.and is travel agent and just trying to book a nice hotel for my self when i go the area.never beenin this area before.i would for someone to help me out with this one pleasecomfort inn hotel&suites lookout mountain 3117 parkner lane chattanooga, tn37419.thanks you much enjoylife1day attime.

• How do I find public transporation from Atlanta to Chattanooga?

by ekanipe Online Now Sep 3, 2009 at 9:46 AM

I will be in Atlanta and need to get by public transportation to Chattanooga. Is there an easily accessible bus or van service??

3 Answers Sep 3, 2009 at 10:05 AM
    • restaurant prices

by mamatnae Online Now Jun 12, 2009 at 5:10 PM

my extended family of 6 (4 adults & 2 teens) are vacationing in chattanooga in a couple of weeks and need to know some reasonably priced (cheaper the better - good quality)restaurants. Also if there are some deals on recreational activities that would be beneficial to us! thanks

1 Answer Jun 12, 2009 at 7:19 PM
    • Read House Room 311

by ryanbeirne Online Now Jun 30, 2007 at 8:00 PM

Two questions actually:
      1. How many people have actually stayed the entire night at room 311?
      2. How much does room 311 cost?

1 Answer Jul 23, 2007 at 11:42 AM
    • frazier avenue

by teblayd Online Now Jan 20, 2007 at 9:03 PM

I haven't been back to chatt in awhile and when I lived their, there was this antique/junk store on the backside of frazier that you entered from the coolidge park side and I need to know the name of it. I think its owned by the same people who had the store on hixson pike next door to Las Margaritas where the do auctions(or they did when I was there a year ago). Can you help me? It's such a cool store.

Thanks

• coolidge park: TREE

by treehugger101 Online Now Oct 30, 2006 at 6:08 PM

who cut the tree down and why?

1 Answer Jul 23, 2007 at 11:25 AM
    • rnj1's Profile Photo

What to Do and Where to Eat

by rnj1 Online Now Oct 1, 2006 at 7:56 PM

My wife and I are returning from Atlanta in November and thought about stoppoing over in Chattanooga for a couple of days. We are very interested in finding some really good local restaurants and some ideas on what to do. Things to do don't have to be touristy. The restaurants don't have to be chains or fancy. We really enjoy getting to eat the local cuisine at local restaurants that might be missed by most tourists! Thanks for your help.

• rnj1's Profile Photo

Restaurants/Things to Do

by rnj1 Online Now Sep 3, 2006 at 1:01 PM

My wife and I will be in Chattanooga in early November. I would like to know about some really good restaurants in the city (or nearby), especially some local eateries. We will also be looking to check the city out so any info on local attractions would be appreciated. Thanks!!

• Lookiing for a romantic place for a good dinner and dancing

by dflyin1 Online Now Jul 9, 2006 at 9:10 AM

I am taking the wife out for a romantic evening and want to have dinner and maybe some dancing. A place where we can have conversation but still hav entertainment would be nice. And please dont suggest the riverboat.
      any suggestions would be appreciated.

• GUYON's Profile Photo

A stay in Chattanooga

by GUYON Online Now Dec 18, 2005 at 10:31 AM

During our next Summer vacation, I foresee to stay one night or two in Chattanooga.
      How can I define the downtown area in which I wish to find an accomodation ?
      We need to have a safe neighborhood with restaurants.
      Thanks
      RAY

4 Answers Dec 4, 2007 at 6:41 AM
    • what neighborhood?

by muffintop Online Now Dec 14, 2005 at 9:27 AM

Hi! I'm thinking about moving to your fine city. Can you help me with choosing neighborhoods, perhaps by zip code? We have 2 small kids and thus want a yard. I like older houses, say, anywhere from 100 years old to 50 years old. I like to be within walking distance to coffeeshops, cafes. If there is a "revitalized" downtown area, that'd be great. Basically I like to be near people and "things", yet still have a yard and kid-friendly neighborhood. If anyone knows of zip codes that fit this, OR can give me an address of a coffeeshop/bookstore/cafe/etc that has cute old houses nearby (but isn't run-down), that will help my search on realtor.com Thank you!!!!

3 Answers Jun 11, 2006 at 2:53 AM
    • condos downtown

by chercat Online Now Nov 21, 2005 at 4:49 PM

Hi
      I am looking for some information about some condos I found online at 900 Mountain Creek Rd.

They look nice and the location , near the riverfront, looks awesome and the price is amazing .

I am just wondering if this is a safe area ? I can hardly believe it would be for the price . I am thinking of buying something in a warmer climate for retirement and these look ideal .

Any advice appreciated.

1 Answer Nov 26, 2005 at 10:55 PM
    • monika79's Profile Photo

What to do???

by monika79 Online Now Sep 15, 2005 at 1:55 PM

I will be in Crossville, TN and I am considering driving to Chattanooga. What are the main attractions there and is there any local places that I need to checkout :-) Much appreciated. Thanks!!

2 Answers Sep 26, 2005 at 4:57 PM
    • moving

by calm741 Online Now Mar 20, 2005 at 5:55 AM

Hi, I am moving to the Chattanooga, Tennessee, area but don't really want to live RIGHT in the city. Does anyone know of a safe and nice area/neighborhood near there that would be better for me and my husband? I have seen town names like Ooltewah, Hixson, and Collegedale, but it seems impossible to find out where would be safe and nice to move to. I appreciate any info!

2 Answers May 9, 2005 at 9:15 PM
    • happymom8285's Profile Photo

VT Meet & Greet

by happymom8285 Online Now Oct 27, 2004 at 8:19 AM

Hello fellow Chattanooga VT'ers! Have any of you ever met together to trade travel stories? I had no idea there were so many Vt'ers in Chattanooga! Give me some feedback if anyone is interested in meeting together. I've never done this before and have never seen an event or meeting planned on the Chattanooga calendar. Don't know of any other way to do this than through the forum. Let me know.

1 Answer Sep 26, 2005 at 4:42 PM
    • any help please

by naichism Online Now Jul 20, 2004 at 12:16 PM

hi chattanooga residents. I will moving down to chattanooga,tn from ny later thi year.i welcome any tips. please contact me:naichism@yahoo.com I am basically curious about anything and everything. thank you and sorry for bother yu all.

• Public transit chattanooga

by lovenewyawk Online Now Apr 15, 2004 at 11:33 PM

Using Public transit how would i get from 960 airport road ( the greyhound station ) to Gates avenue?

1 Answer Feb 7, 2008 at 9:43 PM