Chattanooga Travel Answers

change location

Seniors lookout Mountain

by luksn Online Now Aug 12, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Will be bringing a group of senior citizens to LM in June. Have several questions. Is Point Blank this highest point on the mountain with the best views? Since some of my people are somewhat mobiity limited, is it possible to drive to the top? Is there a place on the top to have a picnic while enjoying the views? Since we won't be able to do the Ruby Falls/Rock City thing, any info on things that a group like this would enjoy would be appreciated. Thanks
Norm

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • TexasDave's Profile Photo

Re: Seniors lookout Mountain

by TexasDave Online Now Aug 12, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Yes, you can drive to the top.
    I believe there are picnic tables at Point Park and/or the Military Park.
    There is also the option of the Incline Railway (I'm pretty sure they have their own website which you can find with a google search).
    You could also take a ride on the Civil War era Tennessee Valley Railroad which takes about an hour (Missionary Ridge Run)-- www. tvrail.com
    The original downtown is nicely restored and worth a drive through. And of course there's the Aquarium.
    We spent a weekend In Chattanooga and were kept busy seeing things the whole time.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Arwsgirl's Profile Photo

Re: Seniors lookout Mountain

by Arwsgirl Online Now Dec 14, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Point Park is easily accessible and if they can walk a short distance they might enjoy riding the Incline Railway from the bottom to the top of Lookout Mountain. There is a nice museum (battlesforchattanooga.com/op... at the top as well as Point Park, which has beautiful views. They might also enjoy the Tennessee Aquarium and the River Gorge Explorer (tnaqua.org/RiverGorgeExplore... trip down the Tennessee River. The River Gorge Explorer is an interesting mix of history and wildlife.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines