Chattanooga Travel Answers

change location

moving

by calm741 Online Now Mar 20, 2005 at 5:55 AM

Hi, I am moving to the Chattanooga, Tennessee, area but don't really want to live RIGHT in the city. Does anyone know of a safe and nice area/neighborhood near there that would be better for me and my husband? I have seen town names like Ooltewah, Hixson, and Collegedale, but it seems impossible to find out where would be safe and nice to move to. I appreciate any info!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • stevepart's Profile Photo

RE: moving

by stevepart Online Now Apr 28, 2005 at 12:43 PM

All three areas are nice & safe. Property taxes are significantly different depending on city vs. county. You may also want to look at North Georgia - Ringgold, Fort Olgethorpe.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • soundsgoodtome's Profile Photo

RE: moving

by soundsgoodtome Online Now May 9, 2005 at 9:15 PM

All these areas are nice, as are East Brainerd, North Chattanooga, Missionary Ridge, and the mountains. No don't consider north georgia, they have a state income tax and the schools are not really better than those in Hamilton County. If I were moving here for the first time I would consider what I want to be closest to, such as where I work. This would give you an idea of which part of town would be the best. Many people who work downtown but live way out in Collegedale and Ooltewah have to drive over an hour to work and back every day, which is definitely not something I would want to do. Others want to live near the river or lake, on a mountain, near downtown but not in it, or near the mall. It all depends on what you want to be close to, because there are many different areas with nice, safe neighborhoods across the county.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines