Chartres

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• travel by car to chartres

by bps Online Now Jul 24, 2014 at 5:13 AM

driving directions from Charles de Gaulle to Chartres.
      arriving morning of 9/19 in Paris.
      Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 24, 2014 at 9:24 AM
    • Ditrections for driving and how long does it take?

by bps Online Now Jul 24, 2014 at 5:07 AM

Directions for drive from CDG airport to Chartres

4 Answers Jul 24, 2014 at 9:23 AM
    • Travel in Loire valley

by erika.honiball Online Now Aug 16, 2012 at 4:50 AM

I'm planning to visit the Loire valley next month. The plan I have in mind is to travel from Paris to Chartres, Chartres to Amboise, Amboise to Loches, Loches to Tours, Tours to Azay-le-Rideau, Azay to Chinon and from Chinon back to Paris. To and from Paris I plan to travel by train, but want to know if there are bus services between the other towns I plan to travel to. I plan to do these rounds in two days!

Erika

4 Answers Aug 16, 2012 at 5:10 PM
    • Chapelle Vendome, Chartres

by panon Online Now May 21, 2012 at 5:04 AM

Does anyone know the name or the history of the large painting over the altar in the Chapelle Vendome? I think it is Mary and Joseph with Joachim and Anne, Mary's parents, but do you know any more about it? Many thanks.

• getting to Chartres from Normandy

by nanaincc Online Now Feb 25, 2012 at 7:26 PM

What would be the best way to get from Bayeux in Normandy to Chartres? Or alternatively from Mont St. Michel in Normandy to France?

7 Answers Feb 26, 2012 at 12:17 PM
    • travelling south from chartres

by eva-li Online Now Aug 8, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Hi! I would like to travel from Chartres to Orléans, preferably by train. Are there any trains? Is there a bus to catch? How long time does it take?
      Best regards Eva-Li

13 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 6:10 PM
    • B&B in or around Chartres

by timbo2410 Online Now Jan 27, 2011 at 7:50 AM

Hello all, my wife and I are planning a trip in May and want a nice B&B to stay in for one night. Anybody know of a nice one. It doesn't have to be in the heart of the city, as long as it's comfortable, has good food (and perhaps a bottle of wine or two).

8 Answers Jan 28, 2011 at 7:46 AM
    • Paris to Chartres with bike boxes

by Bob_E_C Online Now Jan 12, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Can anyone advise details on getting from Charles De Gaulle to a hotel (suggestions?)in Chartres with bikes or possibly bikes in boxes? Planning to tour Loire, Brittany and Normandy, then back to Chartres. Also need to store boxes someplace.

1 Answer Jan 13, 2011 at 4:56 PM
    • bus travel Paris-Chartres

by nurene Online Now Dec 9, 2010 at 6:37 AM

I want to go to Chartres from Paris NOT by train but by bus. Do buses go? How to inquire etc.

5 Answers Dec 9, 2010 at 3:22 PM
    • Bus To Tours

by kettering Online Now Sep 5, 2010 at 6:46 AM

Is there a bus service from Chartres to Tours.
      What is cost and where do you depart from

2 Answers Sep 5, 2010 at 11:27 AM
    • Transport Tours to Chartres

by ODuinn Online Now Jul 27, 2010 at 8:12 AM

Is there rail/bus transport from Tours to Chartres Are there Senior fares?What are Blue Periods when travelling, when you buy a return ticket can you use it to return on the folling days

3 Answers Jul 27, 2010 at 2:38 PM
    • Chartres Train Station to Europcar

by citod Online Now Jun 19, 2010 at 4:30 AM

We're arriving in Chartres from Paris by train (2 women and luggage) and need to pick-up a rental car at Europcar. Has anyone had experience with this? At one point I was told is would be a "short" walk, but Google map shows a 40 minute walk and no sidewalks - not good! Are taxis readily available from the train station?

4 Answers Jun 19, 2010 at 7:39 AM
    • From Orleans to Chartres by Bus

by darryljc Online Now Feb 2, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Hello Everyone

Is it possible to go from Orleans to Chartres by bus? We will be coming from Bordeaux, and thought it might be interesting that way.

Cheers

Darryl

Melbourne

4 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 11:21 AM
    • The Labyrinth

by gframe Online Now Dec 3, 2009 at 12:29 PM

What days of the week and what times are you permitted to walk the Labyrinth. Is there a charge and do you have to be accompanied?

5 Answers Dec 4, 2009 at 9:48 AM
    • distance from railway station

by rchitekt Online Now Oct 26, 2009 at 5:33 AM

How far is the cathedral in Chartres from the railway station?
      Is it in walking distance? Or do I need to use taxi

Are there moderately priced eating places near the cathedral??

7 Answers Oct 27, 2009 at 5:19 AM
    • Park and ride Chatres

by tatties Online Now Jun 23, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Does anyone know if there is the facility to park a car at Chatres and take the train to Paris?

• Chartres Railway Station

by rchitekt Online Now Jun 13, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Does anybody know whether there are lockers for 2 carry-on type bags in the railway station of Chartres. If so where are they located and how much does it cost.

2 Answers Jun 14, 2009 at 12:17 AM
    • jkruiger's Profile Photo

Anyone take a picture of the rainbow in stained glass?

by jkruiger Online Now Mar 13, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Is anyone willing to take a good picture of the rainbow in the Noah window in the Notre Dame in Chartres, and upload it to wikipedia or send it to me? I would like to use it as the oldest rainbow picture in the wikipedia article on rainbows. I have no opportunity to go to Chartres myself in the near future.
      The location of the Noah window is #64 on the map: http://tinyurl.com/d74bmp
      The location of the rainbow in #38 in the Noah window: http://tinyurl.com/bdzfm3

6 Answers Feb 22, 2011 at 4:51 PM
    • stained glass window charms

by jdepoy Online Now Apr 15, 2007 at 11:16 AM

Do you still sell miniature stained glass window charms? My parents bought one for me at the Chartres Cathedral gift shop in 1967 and I have lost it and would like to purchase another. Is there a way for me to do this?

1 Answer Apr 15, 2007 at 3:13 PM
    • Train to Europcar

by treetracker Online Now Mar 22, 2007 at 5:25 PM

Hi

We are arriving on a Saturday in July with 3 kids at the train station. We need to pick up our rental at the Europcar depot (address says 9 rue du marchal leclerc, chartres luisant downtown). Can we walk it? How far is it?

Any help would be appreciated!

Merci!
      Michelle

2 Answers Mar 22, 2007 at 11:45 PM
    • Rojo72's Profile Photo

Worth more than a day-trip?

by Rojo72 Online Now Apr 12, 2005 at 10:44 AM

Hello,

I'm thinking of taking a day trip by train from Paris to Chartres this summer. Would it be worth more than a day-trip in your mind? Are there other things worth seeing apart from the cathedral so that one should spend the night there? Places just around Chartres worth seeing? Would the countryside be nice enough to earn a photo-shoot?

Best regards
      Roger

3 Answers May 14, 2008 at 10:22 AM
    • hawkhead's Profile Photo

Chartres Cathedral

by hawkhead Online Now Mar 25, 2005 at 9:34 AM

Some time ago I read in a Member's Home Page something about the crypt/labyrinth/undercroft only being open on one day a week and they only found out there was a crypt etc. by accident. Of course, now I want to refresh my memory, I can't find the Home Page. I would be very grateful if anyone can either point me to the correct Home Page or supply the information I seek based on the very sketchy details supplied.

1 Answer Mar 25, 2005 at 4:37 PM
    • Chartres - parking

by RonanWalsh Online Now Sep 3, 2004 at 6:21 AM

Hi, anyone know if there is safe & good parking you can use in Chartres ? Also usually available ! I am driving there and then taking the train into Paris, so need to park my car up for 3 days

1 Answer Sep 3, 2004 at 7:13 AM
    • Place to stay

by Adamdupre Online Now Jul 20, 2003 at 4:29 AM

Can anyone advise a cheap and pleasant and clean place to stay for a few days in Chartres, for an adult and two children?

1 Answer Jul 22, 2003 at 2:45 AM
    • Train to Chartres

by chartres743 Online Now May 27, 2003 at 2:46 PM

Does anyone know how we can take a train from Charles DeGaulle airport to Chartres? Our hotel is near CDG and we want to take a day trip to Chartres. Also, we need to know if there is a tour bus system in Paris similar to the Big Red Bus in London where we can get off and on at various sights. Thanks.

4 Answers May 28, 2003 at 12:58 AM
    • Tour buses in Paris, France

by chartres743 Online Now May 27, 2003 at 2:39 PM

Please tell us if there are tour buses in Paris (similar to the ones in London) where you can get on and off at the various tourist sites. If so, how do we arrange for that?

1 Answer Jun 19, 2010 at 5:09 AM