Charlottetown

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Getting around PEI and golf courses

by Kayecarr Online Now Jun 14, 2014 at 9:01 AM

I was wondering if there are any shuttle buses from Charlottetown to any of the golf courses on the island please?

Also we will be staying in Fitzroy street Charlottetown and was wondering if there is a main tour of the island that encompasses most of the island?

Can you also advise if the Anne of Green Gables show is currently on and if so where is it help please?

Cheers

Kaye

• Visiting Charlette town

by Jinny12 Online Now Jun 2, 2014 at 1:11 PM

We are coming into Charlettetown on a cruise and will be only one day in port.

What is the best way to get an overview of the city?

3 Answers Jun 10, 2014 at 12:25 PM
    • best beach in pei

by Sonia123 Online Now May 5, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Hello VT friends,
      I am travelling to East Coast Canada for a 10 day trip with a family of 7. The age ranging from 21-65. We are staying in Charlottetown on May 25 2014 before we head off to Pleasant Bay, Nova Scotia. We are planning to go to a beach on May 25/2014 but would like to know what else we can do. I would like to know the following things:

1) what's the best beach to visit where it is permitted to do a bbq? I heard if we go to southern beach it will be warmer- is that true since we are going end of May?
      2) we already booked a Cow's Creamary factory tour for May 26 2014 before we leave for Nova Scotia- any other tours we can book ?
      3) are there any Waterfront /Boardwalk/Wharf type area where can walk around in the afternoon?
      4)anythings else we can do - after our beach and bbq
      5) any must see driving route ??

thanks

4 Answers May 20, 2014 at 10:20 AM
    • Activities

by JakBlak Online Now Aug 18, 2013 at 5:47 AM

what to do in Charlottetown today for a 1 and 5 year old?

1 Answer Aug 18, 2013 at 12:06 PM
    • Why do some Canadian homes have a 5 point star decorating their home?

by JWG123 Online Now Jun 5, 2011 at 7:15 AM

Just got back from a New England/Canada cruise and while touring the countryside I noticed that a few homes had a 5 point star on the front of their house. Maybe 10% of the homes had this star, so it might just be a decoration, or it might have some meaning....does anybody know for sure?

1 Answer Jun 5, 2011 at 5:46 PM
    • Tour Guides

by Lu7149 Online Now Feb 7, 2007 at 8:51 AM

My husband and I will be arriving in Charlottetown aboard a cruise ship October 19th. from 12 to 6. We are interested in finding a private guide to show us the sights in the short amount of time we have there. Anyone know of a person who will be willing to show us around? Or are we better off just winging it on our own? Thanks for the help! Lu

4 Answers Feb 20, 2007 at 8:40 AM
    • good Hotel

by rehami Online Now Jan 27, 2007 at 1:40 AM

Dear freands
      Im going to make a trip to Charlottetown next month (Mar)for a week .Please help me to choose a good hotel(not expensive)near to downtown,and then it is possible for me to take a bus in orther to visit iland for a week?
      with alot thanks
      reham

2 Answers Feb 8, 2007 at 5:55 PM
    • Life in Charlottetown?

by scheherazade Online Now Apr 18, 2005 at 3:01 PM

I may have a chance to work in Charlottetown with the Nutrisciences Institute, but I'd like to know more about what it's like to live in Charlottetown. I'd especially love to hear from other people who have moved to Charlottetown from other cities -- do you feel isolated, or do you enjoy the island life? I know many locals love it there, but is it different if you haven't grown up in the area?

For background: I'm from Ontario, mostly lived in cities not much larger than Charlottetown, but they're in southern Ontario, so they're all pretty close to lots of other places.. right now I live in Kingston, which is a city of 130,000 or so, and about 1.5 hours from Ottawa or the next big city. Is this pretty comparable to what life might be like in Charlottetown? Kingston's also got a big tourist industry in the summer, university town culture with lots of government jobs, and surrounded by farmland, etc. Would I feel just at home in Charlottetown?

I'm not a big fan of sunbathing or Anne G.G. but I do like the idea of living in another part of Canada and/or being near the ocean...

1 Answer Jun 5, 2005 at 8:07 PM
    • Cottages Prince Edward Island

by Centennial Online Now Mar 19, 2004 at 4:01 PM

Where would I find a good cottages in Brackley Beach not far from Charlottetown, PEI. Someone suggested Centennial Cottages PEI. Does any one know anything about these cottages?

5 Answers Nov 14, 2006 at 7:53 PM
    • Trip to Charlottetown Next Week!

by CircleSky Online Now Sep 9, 2003 at 2:25 PM

My mother and I are going on an improptu whirlwind trip of the Maritimes and will be in Charlottetown from Sept 15-17. We are interested in perhaps renting bicycles and touring the island a bit on a day trip. We want to see the famous colourful landscape of PEI: red earth, cliffs etc. Money is limited, unfortunately. My questions to you are, would we be able to see much of the island on a one-day bicycle trip, keeping in mind that we are not terribly athletic? Is there a place in Charlottetown where we can cheaply rent bicycles? Can anyone suggest a bicycle route which is short enough to cover in a day but would offer a variety of scenery? On a different note, are there any nightclubs in town which feature (classic or modern) rock music (such as ACDC) and dancing on a Monday or Tuesday night? Your prompt reply would be much appreciated as we are leaving on Friday, Sept 12. Only 3 days! I'm getting excited!

2 Answers Sep 10, 2003 at 5:49 AM