Charlottetown Travel Answers

change location

Trip to Charlottetown Next Week!

by CircleSky Online Now Sep 9, 2003 at 2:25 PM

My mother and I are going on an improptu whirlwind trip of the Maritimes and will be in Charlottetown from Sept 15-17. We are interested in perhaps renting bicycles and touring the island a bit on a day trip. We want to see the famous colourful landscape of PEI: red earth, cliffs etc. Money is limited, unfortunately. My questions to you are, would we be able to see much of the island on a one-day bicycle trip, keeping in mind that we are not terribly athletic? Is there a place in Charlottetown where we can cheaply rent bicycles? Can anyone suggest a bicycle route which is short enough to cover in a day but would offer a variety of scenery? On a different note, are there any nightclubs in town which feature (classic or modern) rock music (such as ACDC) and dancing on a Monday or Tuesday night? Your prompt reply would be much appreciated as we are leaving on Friday, Sept 12. Only 3 days! I'm getting excited!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • gnome79's Profile Photo

Re: Trip to Charlottetown Next Week!

by gnome79 Online Now Sep 10, 2003 at 4:04 AM

I have a friend who cycled PEI with her older sister, and will put her in touch with you if possible. Good luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Trip to Charlottetown Next Week!

by RobDavis Online Now Sep 10, 2003 at 5:49 AM

Hi again; I was writing a big long reply, then found this website that gives you more information than I could ever tell you: atlanticcanadacycling.com/pe... Tourism season is just about over on the island, so I could be wrong, but I would not expect to find much action at local nightclubs. But at least accomodation prices should be reduced now, and there will be much less traffic on the small and winding roads.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines