Charlottesville

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Lake Maury Turtles

Newport News Apr 11, 2014 at 9:49 AM

We want to visit Newport News when the Lake Maury turtles become active this spring. Can you tell me if they are active now or when they might be expected to be ? We like to watch them from the footbridge near the Mariners Museum...and visit the museum as well and dine on wonderful seafood in Newport News. Thank you, Gregory

more
    • shuttle service or car and driver

Norfolk Apr 15, 2014 at 4:34 AM

Is there a shuttle service from norfolk airport to either port haywood or gloucester ? Or is there any other way to travel to these places other than driving.

more
    • rond1's Profile Photo

What to see as a tourist in Richmond.....

Richmond 12 hours ago

Hi there, I am travelling through Richmond and wondered if i need to stop and see anything while there. If so what , and how many days will I need ? . Is it a safe place, .... I will be living / travelling in a van
      ... Thanks in anticipation Ron.

more
    • driving practice

by Hodajalil Online Now Nov 17, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I have a driving permit and I want to practice driving with my friend's car. Could you tell me where is the best place to practice driving?

Warmest Regards

2 Answers Nov 17, 2013 at 3:30 PM
    • A good diner and a steak house

by sahanj Online Now Jun 17, 2013 at 4:43 AM

Hi, can anyone help me with giving me a good classic diner near C-vile and a good steak spot - ?
      would love to try something original..

1 Answer Jun 17, 2013 at 8:52 AM
    • something fun

by tracymt72 Online Now Aug 9, 2011 at 10:05 AM

I am planning on being in Charlottesville on Wed 8/10/11 and I'm interested in going to a club that has a good mix of people. Any suggestions?

• Whats to experience in charlottesville ?

by sahanj Online Now Feb 23, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Hi all , we are planning a trip to charlottesville in June -early july. was wondering what interesting stuff we should do. one thing i ntoiced was the scenic tour through blude ridge "skyline". can some one help on how long this will take and how to find a vehicle for this?

also, i want to tryout some authentic food from this area. any suggestions as to the food dishes and places to eat?

anyother activities for this area is highly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

2 Answers Sep 29, 2010 at 3:31 AM
    • Three days itenary from Charlottesville to Boston

by rafik06 Online Now Aug 9, 2008 at 12:18 AM

Hi all
      I need some help planning 3 days itenary driving from Charlotessville to Boston
      (skippinf DC and NY)

• Gift Certificates

by dickmurray Online Now Mar 19, 2008 at 7:32 AM

We are not from Charlottesville. My brother and his wifew have just retired and built a new home there. We would like to send them a couple of gift certificates to try out some local fair. How may we do that?

Dick Murray

3 Answers Apr 14, 2008 at 7:53 PM
    • Nightlife for 50 somethings...

by elainetaylor Online Now Jan 3, 2008 at 4:29 AM

I'm moving to C'Ville this weekend and would like to know about bars, dance clubs and other activities for those of us in our forties and fifties.

1 Answer Jan 5, 2008 at 7:20 AM
    • public transportation in Virginia

by vaibhavk Online Now Aug 28, 2007 at 10:18 PM

What public transportation is available from Washington DC to Charlottesville, and how much time would it take?

1 Answer Aug 29, 2007 at 6:03 AM
    • oxo facilities

by robertjricca Online Now May 28, 2007 at 4:31 PM

Does the restarunt Oxo have rooms for private partiesor catering facilities on premises?

1 Answer May 28, 2007 at 5:44 PM
    • gardengnome's Profile Photo

Jefferson Gravesite

by gardengnome Online Now May 3, 2007 at 3:10 PM

The pictures show a fence around the tombstones in the Jefferson cemetary where he is buried. Is it possible to enter the area to do rubbings of the stones? Thanks!

1 Answer May 3, 2007 at 3:58 PM
    • Travmad's Profile Photo

Cheap but good eats.

by Travmad Online Now Dec 7, 2006 at 8:26 AM

Can anyone suggest a place to eat in Charlottesville that is good, filling, not a chain and inexpensive?

4 Answers Dec 19, 2007 at 9:12 AM
    • How to plan an extended family getaway

by Meenie123 Online Now Oct 7, 2006 at 9:14 PM

My family, in it's infinite wisdom, has decided that a little family getaway would be nice instead of Christmas presents :) A fairly large group: self and husband, sister and husband w/older daughter (adult), sister, brother and wife and maybe son (16, niece (adult), nephew and wife, daughter and husband (young marieds) possibly more!
      I have no idea how to go about looking for something like this. Any ideas or suggestions would be terrific.
      We're looking at something in or around Charlottesville and trying to keep the price of lodging reasonable as some members aren't wealthy.
      Where do I start??

4 Answers Oct 18, 2006 at 7:58 AM
    • Need help with extended family trip

by Meenie123 Online Now Oct 7, 2006 at 9:11 PM

Hi,
      My family, in it's infinite wisdom, has decided that a little family getaway would be nice instead of giving Christmas presents. We were thinking of November 24 - 26 somewhere in or near Charlottesville.
      I don't really know how to go about planning something like this for a group of people or where to begin to look. I'm looking at a fairly large group - self and husband, sister and husband w/daughter, another sister, brother and wife, niece, nephew and husband, daughter and husband, at least. Perhaps more.
      How can I go about this and what recommendations for lodging and things to do?
      Thanks ever so much for any help!

• Torn by the doubt

by LuisRafaelPereira Online Now Sep 20, 2005 at 11:27 AM

After living 46 years in NYC I want to spend the rest of my life in a very nice place. Finally I've found two: Charlottesville and Ashville, NC. Can anybody tell me about apt.'s rent in Charlottesville and why I should prefer one over the other. Pls tell me all you know about either place. Thanks a million. LuisRafael

4 Answers Sep 20, 2005 at 5:38 PM
    • ciceropig's Profile Photo

May 28th in Charlottesville

by ciceropig Online Now May 13, 2005 at 4:24 PM

I will be visiting Charlottesville on the 28th of May. I am assuming school is out and obtaining lodging will be no problem. Question One! What would be a nice motel within a mile of downtown in the 60.00-80.00 range. Reviews were very scare and I would be taking a stab in the dark making reservations. Would I have to get reservations at this time of year? If you could make a suggestion I would accept your choice. No goats or abandoned trucks in parking lot please! We are walking orientated and dont mind hoofing it. Can one enjoy Monticello and the University of Viginia on a one day walk! Appreciate any other suggestions you may have. I would be leaving NC Saturday morning and be in Charlottesville about noon and have all day Saturday and Sunday to enjoy a town I have wanted to see for a long time. Thanks

1 Answer May 13, 2005 at 6:23 PM
    • Saulele's Profile Photo

What's intresting in Charlottesville....?

by Saulele Online Now Mar 5, 2005 at 8:28 AM

Hi,

Can somebody tell me more about Charlottesville? I am comeing there in June and would like to explore it more before i'll get there. I heard that in July it is very boring, is it true:( ?

1 Answer Mar 5, 2005 at 1:09 PM