Charlotte

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travel Time on I-77

by hello23 Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 8:39 AM

I will be working near Tyvola Rd. in south charlotte. I can get a great deal on a place right outside uptown. What am I looking at in terms of commuting during the week? It is technically 15 miles away.

more
    • Travel Time on I-77

by hello23 Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 8:39 AM

I will be working near Tyvola Rd. in south charlotte. I can get a great deal on a place right outside uptown. What am I looking at in terms of commuting during the week? It is technically 15 miles away.

2 Answers Apr 16, 2014 at 11:48 AM
    • fnkdumplin's Profile Photo

What is there to do in Charlotte?

by fnkdumplin Online Now Jan 27, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Any cool ideas/places to visit in Charlotte, NC?

1 Answer Jan 27, 2014 at 10:59 AM
    • UNCC student seeking transportation to and from UNCC to highpoint university

by mcoulouras Online Now Oct 22, 2013 at 3:25 PM

how can a student get a ride from UNCC to Highpoint university?

1 Answer Oct 22, 2013 at 8:04 PM
    • TRansportation

by BiilE Online Now Sep 15, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Is there transportation from the Amtrak station to CLT?

1 Answer Sep 15, 2013 at 8:32 AM
    • Transport and Where to Stay?

by lizstillwater Online Now Sep 7, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Hi all,

I'm going to be at the convention center for a few days, but can't handle the prices of the hotels nearby. I won't have a car, so could you recommend a neighborhood outside of the pricey area where I can find a reasonable ($55-85)hotel and either a bus, shuttle, or cheap taxi ride in and out of downtown each day? I was originally thinking of the University area, but that looks maybe a bit far away. But I've never been to Charlotte, so I'm relying on the experts.
      Thanks so much for your help!
      Liz

• Trip to Myrtle Beach

by fanslayer Online Now Jul 16, 2011 at 2:55 PM

I want to go Myrtle beach for a couple days but I have absolutely no idea how to get there from Shelby. I don't have a car so does anybody know where I can find a bus that goes there?

3 Answers Jun 22, 2012 at 10:39 AM
    • vantage point

by lgonzalez12 Online Now May 11, 2011 at 6:40 PM

I'm going to be in Charlotte in a few weeks and I was wondering if anyone knew any good vantage points where I can take some good pictures of downtown. Any streets, parks, parking decks, or bridges would be very helpful.

2 Answers Oct 12, 2011 at 4:17 AM
    • No Pet Rooms availale in Uptown Charlotte - Why?

by Customartist Online Now Feb 11, 2011 at 3:02 PM

Attempting to atttend Southern Living Show in Charlotte. Show date is three weeks out, Gold and Diamond Status, multiple hotels saying they "have blocks of rooms reserved for "groups"(unknown entities), but will have to drive from Rock Hill, SC. in order to go (could be 40 min. away). This is Charlotte for goodness sake, not Pole Cat, Arkansas!?!

Why are there not more hotels accepting pets inside Charlotte? Called Chamber, Visitor Bureau, Southern Shows Office - All not helpful. Bad Business in Charlotte! Bad!

2 Answers Feb 11, 2011 at 4:06 PM
    • rlg2706's Profile Photo

6 hours to fill at Charlotte airport

by rlg2706 Online Now Nov 2, 2010 at 6:04 AM

I am travelling with my husband and three kids aged 13, 10 and 8 to the U.S. We are flying to Charlotte and then need to catch a connecting flight 6 hours later. I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this with kids and if there is anything for them to do at the airport to keep them entertained. Otherwise I need to find some things to take with me to stop them getting bored! Many thanks....

1 Answer Nov 2, 2010 at 7:39 AM
    • Charlotte Amtrak station

by Johninboston Online Now Oct 6, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Is it easy or safe to walk from the Charlotte Amtrak station to the bus terminal on West Trde Street?

1 Answer Mar 30, 2011 at 5:37 PM
    • When is southbound evening rush hour on I-77?

by davidscny Online Now May 10, 2010 at 7:29 PM

I'm driving from western New York to South Carolina and probably taking I-81 and I-77 in part to avoid Washington. However, I'm afraid the timing will have me in Charlotte at rush hour. Maybe I can arrive before it hits. Would traffic on I-77 southbound be heavy between 3 and 5 p.m.? I'm thinking that's largely the reverse commute but then when we pass the city proper we'd be in the heading-home direction. Any advice? Thanks!

2 Answers May 12, 2010 at 3:14 PM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

En route to Atlanta

by csuresh Online Now Dec 8, 2009 at 4:21 PM

We are driving down from Charlotte to Atlanta. We want to know what are the places enroute to Atlanta or around Atlanta. Although we have noted down few places within Atlanta to visit, let me know if anything I should not miss to see.

3 Answers Apr 3, 2010 at 12:08 PM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Bus from Charlotte, NC to New York, NY

by csuresh Online Now Nov 26, 2009 at 6:33 PM

In last minute, I have to travel from Charlotte to New York. I found the air fares very expensive and grehound bus/Amtrak equally expensive. I have used China town bus tours (www.gotobus.com) earlier and found good. When I checked there is a "Sky Express" bus service operating bus from Charlotte to NY for30 one way. Price is excellent but wanted feedback from someone who have used this on reliability, safety and comfort. Any reply will be useful.

2 Answers Nov 30, 2009 at 7:43 PM
    • fyrul's Profile Photo

Bus from Charlotte to Savannah

by fyrul Online Now Nov 13, 2009 at 3:30 AM

I'm planing to travel to Savannah over a weekend from Charlotte, is there a bus that goes there? appreciate if anyone could suggest me a bus company and contacts. thank you.

1 Answer Nov 13, 2009 at 4:41 AM
    • From train to airport

by SusanMiller007 Online Now Nov 5, 2009 at 1:54 PM

I am attending the event at the Aviation Museum on Saturday. I'm arriving by Train. What is the best way to get to the museum from the Train Station?

3 Answers Nov 5, 2009 at 2:58 PM
    • gripdxd's Profile Photo

5 hour Lay Over in Charlotte, what to do?

by gripdxd Online Now Apr 20, 2009 at 12:40 PM

I have a 5 hour layover in Charlotte, is it worth venturing out into the city centre? Can you get there by bus or public transit? Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

1 Answer Apr 21, 2009 at 10:01 PM
    • keverina's Profile Photo

decent heighborhood or area to spend the evening

by keverina Online Now Oct 16, 2008 at 4:50 PM

i pass through charlotte twice a year on the way to fla and back.it's about halfway,so i usually stay over here.i've yet to find an area that's walkable, safe and has some attractive places to have a drink or watch a game.any suggestions?

• dogma505's Profile Photo

Photographer wants to capture a feel for the south

by dogma505 Online Now Sep 19, 2008 at 4:04 PM

Greetings. I will have a full day off in Charlotte before a shoot and would like to know where to get some interesting shots that would convey more of a southern feel. Will have a car and don't mind driving an hour or so out of Charlotte if recommended. Recommendations welcomed.

Thanks!

• hotel near convention center

by traveltime08 Online Now Jul 1, 2008 at 5:01 PM

Want to visit Charlote, N.C. for an event at the convention center Aug 14-15. Looking for an inexpensive hotel with parking within reasonable walking/driving distance or along the trolly route. Don't want to stay in the Hilton- won't be in the room that much. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance-

1 Answer Jul 1, 2008 at 7:50 PM
    • Opening

by jbelle Online Now May 27, 2008 at 9:43 AM

What year did Carowinds open? I believe I went there the first year it was open or
      just about finished. I'm guessing in 1972 or 1973?

• what should we do and see?

by jgs727 Online Now Apr 29, 2008 at 3:58 PM

My brother and I will be in Charlotte for 4 days, over the Mother's Day weekend and will have several chunks of time to explore!
      So quick, list a few things we should do and places to dine.
      Thanks a ton,
      Jill

• LOCATION?

by jorge68 Online Now Mar 28, 2008 at 4:52 PM

I will be staying in Charlotte April 4 for 3 nights.
      I will be renting a car for one day only and the other 2 days I won't have one.
      What is a good neighbourhood to stay in that is "foot" friendly...i like to walk around and see things.
      Or can someone recommend a good neighbourhood to stay in?

thanks

1 Answer Apr 2, 2008 at 4:55 AM
    • Visiting Charlotte in March

by violet12 Online Now Feb 5, 2008 at 6:45 AM

My husband will be headed to Charlotte in March for a business trip (entire week) and I was considering tagging along, but am curious as to what there is to see/visit in Charlotte. I know it's got a lot of southern charm, but what can I do all day while he is in meetings? I am 52, not really into shopping but do enjoy museums, concerts, local history. Also, what is the weather like in mid-March? I appreciate your input. Thank you.

2 Answers Feb 20, 2008 at 8:00 AM
    • yderi's Profile Photo

Charlotte to Dallas, Texas

by yderi Online Now Feb 3, 2008 at 2:31 PM

Would be grateful if any locals or fellow travellers could recommend various forms of transport between Charlotte NC and Dallas Tx. Timescale is not important, price is more so, but so is safety!
      Train seems complicated, i.e via New Orleans, San Antonio etc.
      Are Greyhounds generally considered safe?
      Thanks

4 Answers Feb 5, 2008 at 5:27 PM
    • Charlotte in November

by cherylrf Online Now Oct 31, 2007 at 7:23 AM

Will be coming to Charlotte in early November and want to know about the weather. I looked on the weather sites and it says it's going to be rather "brisk." Temps only getting in the mid 40's?? I guess I will need my winter coat. I did live in NC many years ago on the coast though and have never been to the "other side" of the state. Any places that are a must see? We will be staying in the Hickory area. I understand that is about an hour north of Charlotte. Looking for fabric stores too. Thanks for any suggestions.

• Anybody driven to Orlando, FL from Charlotte?

by nash816 Online Now Sep 1, 2007 at 8:02 PM

Has anybody driven to Orlando? How is the trip.
      Is I95 boring? Are there alternatives to Orlando, besides driving?
      I heard the train leave out at wee hours of the morning. If you have driven to Orlando from Charlotte, let me know how it was. Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Jan 1, 2010 at 8:21 PM
    • Busy Days

by rjssmith2007 Online Now Jun 22, 2007 at 4:12 PM

What would be the best day to take my family to Carowinds so we wouldn't have to wait long in the lines to ride rides.Wednesday or Thursday?

• Great Restaurants near Waxhaw, NC

by ginav Online Now Jun 9, 2007 at 7:01 PM

My husband & I are headed down to Waxhaw next week to look for a rental. We're wondering what restaurants the locals would recommend? Also, are there any events going on in Charlotte during the week of Jun 11th?

-Thanks!

1 Answer Jun 15, 2007 at 6:45 AM
    • sgny's Profile Photo

First time in Charlotte..... Best Area To Stay?

by sgny Online Now Jun 8, 2007 at 11:37 AM

Going to be in Charlotte for a weekend at the end of Septmeber. Is there a particular area that we should be staying in? Would like to be around shops, dining, etc. I'll start browsing some travelpages for things to do but my first concern is getting a hotel in a good location. Thanks.

1 Answer Jun 15, 2007 at 6:47 AM
    • Verizon Amphitheatre

by Karraokeey Online Now May 8, 2007 at 10:45 PM

I was wanting to attend the Aug 1, 2007 John Mayer show in Charlotte. The web ticket brokers have all the good seats at double and triple the Verizon Ticketmaster price. I just need one ticket. How is the seating view from around the different Verizon Amphitheatre sections before I pay double or triple for sections 1,2,and 3? Ticket brokers don't give you seat number just seat row and section. I long for the days when we could see the best bands in the world for under10 and now you gotta spend100. I feel sorry for today's music loving teens.