Charlotte Travel Answers

change location
Hexepatty's Profile Photo

CLT Transfers

by Hexepatty Online Now Feb 28, 2006 at 10:47 PM

Hi... How do you get from CLT airport to downtown. Besides Cabs. Any public transit? CLT website doesn't mention any!

THANKS!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • donpoe's Profile Photo

RE: CLT Transfers

by donpoe Online Now Mar 1, 2006 at 2:01 PM

Hi there. I live in a suburb in the southeast section of Charlotte. I have never taken public transportation to the airport (I drive), but I'll do what I can to help. You already know that there are cabs, but there is also a shuttle bus service to downtown and hotels. Like all shuttle services, costs depend on how many riders there are and where they are going. If the driver can consolidate, then it's cheaper. Ask at curbside and try to get a bunch of other travelers to join you.

However, maybe the best bet is to check out buses running regular routes. (There is no light rail as yet; sorry.) If you go onto their website (link below) you can type in your arrival date and time and they will respond with the schedule.

charmeck.org/Departments/CAT...

Be sure to ask if you have more questions and I'll see what I can do from this end. Or perhaps others out there have had more experience with this than I have.

Hope your trip goes well.

Don Poe
    Charlotte
    donpoejr@carolina.rr.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines