Charlevoix Travel Answers

change location

Charlevoix hotels for families

by michiganfamily Online Now Jan 3, 2008 at 9:05 PM

Hi-

Could any recommend hotels/lodges/resorts in the Charlevoix area? We have two young children and are looking for family friendly accommodations close to the beach. We've never been up to the Charlevoix area before so feel free to pass along any words of wisdom! Thanks!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Pomerol's Profile Photo

Re: Charlevoix hotels for families

by Pomerol Online Now Jan 4, 2008 at 8:57 AM

What is your budget and what time of the year? I am a bit puzzled by your request "close to the beach" as Charlevoix, though beautiful and worth visiting, is not exactly your sandy beach area.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Charlevoix hotels for families

by CONNOROBRIAN Online Now Jan 9, 2008 at 5:57 AM

Try charlevoixchamber.com. Charlevoix has plenty of sandy beaches on Lake Michigan or Lake Charlevoix. The above poster might be referring to Round Lake yacht basin which connects lake Michigan and lake charlevoix, but has no sandy beaches. When you check into hotels you'll want to ask if they are on the downtown side of the drawbridge or the other side. Most hotels on the other side are a ways from downtown. I recommend staying on the south end of town, or right in town, if you can find something. Your best bet might be to find a weekly rental cottage. Petoskeynewsreview.com have some in their classifieds. Petoskey is 15 miles northeast on lake michigan, which is larger and has more to offer in the way of family freindly recreation.

CO

• Pomerol's Profile Photo

by Pomerol Online Now Jan 9, 2008 at 6:05 AM

We learn something new everyday.
    I was referring to the Charlevoix area east of Qu├ębec City (http://www.charlevoixtourism.com/en/) which is a popular tourist destination for hiking, sightseeing, whale-watching and gastronomy but not for its beaches. From the poster above, I found out there is another Charlevoix by Lake Michigan and I guess, from your origin, that you were referring to the latter. :-)

• Toby_Garbe's Profile Photo

by Toby_Garbe Online Now Mar 4, 2008 at 8:20 AM

When are going to be in Charlevoix ? The Weathervane is a good spot , there are a few closer to the beach , hmmm let me look for them real quick *pause*

Weathervane - 1-800-552-0025 www.weathervane-chx.com
    Edgewater - 1-800-748-0424 www.edgewater-charlevoix.com
    The Lodge 1-231-547-6565 www.thelodge-charlevoix.com

or maybe check the chamber ?

Hope you find a great spot :)

Toby

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines