Charleston

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bicycle & Kayak Rentals

Hilton Head Island Yesterday

Which bicycle rental shops are the best in Hilton Head and which ones that you had a bad experience with?
      Also which kayak outfitters are the best?
      Appreciate any info that you can supply.
      Thanks
      Jack

more
    • accomodation Myrtle Beach

Myrtle Beach Apr 13, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Me and my 2 friends are going to work in Myrtle beach in Wonderworks this summer from June to September 2014. Do you have any suggestion for cheap accommodation with cooking facilities? for 3 months June 1st to September 1st.

more
    • accomodation Myrtle Beach

Myrtle Beach Apr 13, 2014 at 10:45 AM

his summer from June to September 2014. Do you have any suggestion for cheap accomodation with cooking facilities? for 3 months June 1st to September 1st.

more
    • Transportation and grocery shopping

Isle of Palms Apr 9, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Hello, I am traveling to isle de palms this saturday and staying for 4 days with family. I am trying to plan grocery shopping and read the local store is not open. Can I have some help with where to stock up on food, as well as opinions on if I should get a rental car or rely on local cabs/shuttles? Thank you!

more
    • moving to Columbia

Columbia Apr 4, 2014 at 9:55 AM

If I wanted to move to Columbia sc today are there places that can help me with housing without a 30-day proof of housing in south Carolina

more
    • first family trip to Hilton Head

Hilton Head Island Mar 25, 2014 at 9:47 AM

We are a beach vacation family and normally spend summers on beaches in FL or AL. We want to travel to Hilton Head this summer. Can you recommend a condo/town home that is near the beach and not pricey? Which areas would be preferred for families that like to play games on beach or just read a book? Any restaurants to recommend and other things to do/see would be greatly appreciated! (We will travel with our 13 and 20 yr old girls.)

more
    • Where to stay...

Myrtle Beach Mar 20, 2014 at 12:33 PM

My granddaughter wants to be on the beach, but within walking distance to nightlife. Any suggestions?

more
    • How to get there?

North Myrtle Beach Apr 10, 2014 at 2:07 PM

What can I go there by, for example from Myrtle Beach or Florence?

more
    • clothing for Charleston

by rseipel Online Now Mar 16, 2014 at 7:41 AM

We are visiting Charleston the beginning of April. What should I bring for clothing. Is white appropriate at this time. How dressy or casual. Do men need a sports coat?
      thanks
      roz

1 Answer Mar 16, 2014 at 7:47 AM
    • IzabelleR's Profile Photo

best seafood????

by IzabelleR Online Now Jan 12, 2014 at 7:30 PM

What reasonable restaurant serves the best seafood in Charleston

2 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 6:09 PM
    • IzabelleR's Profile Photo

what to pack in January

by IzabelleR Online Now Jan 12, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Im b going 2 Charleston on the 18 I dont have any idea what to pack I been there before but that was in summer no idea what to pack

2 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 6:12 PM
    • restaurants

by virgilm Online Now Oct 31, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Are there many small locals type restaurants in the city.

6 Answers Nov 1, 2013 at 6:48 AM
    • October visit

by Debbievcpa Online Now Oct 12, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Clothing suggestions anyone?

3 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 5:45 PM
    • Fishing Piers

by d3brook Online Now Sep 20, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Is Waterfront Park and fishing pier open to the public?

2 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 6:15 AM
    • Activities for people with disabilities

by cjhastings Online Now Sep 13, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Hello, I have a good friend who is going to Charleston for the next few days who is disabled and in a wheelchair. Can you give us ideas of things she can do that are wheelchair accessible?

• Charleston birthday surprise (help)

by stanjiii Online Now Jul 8, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Hi, I am going to surprise my wife with a trip to Charleston for her 50th birthday. She has always wanted go to Charleston and spend time touring a plantation, relaxing, dining out, and enjoying the atmosphere. She has always liked the spring time and being from central Maryland, this would be a welcome trip after winter. I would like to give her a voucher during dinner on her birthday for the trip next spring. Are there any recommended sites to visit that would have package deals with plantation tours, dining, including flights? Thanks

6 Answers Jul 9, 2013 at 8:42 AM
    • RBGirl's Profile Photo

Charleston Place or French Quarter?

by RBGirl Online Now Jun 8, 2013 at 3:43 PM

My family, including 2 teenage boys, will be staying in Charleston for 3 nights before heading to The Sanctuary on Kiawah Island for a week. I'm trying to decide between Charleston Place or the French Quarter Inn for our "city" stay. Any suggestions?

1 Answer Jan 29, 2014 at 6:18 AM
    • Surprise trip to Charleston

by Candlebaby18 Online Now Apr 9, 2013 at 7:07 AM

I am planning a surprise trip to Charleston for my best friends birthday this weekend. We will be staying on Isle of Palms. I am looking for things for us to do, he is very into craft beer so I know somehow I have to work that in. I am looking for special events or general things to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

6 Answers Apr 9, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    • LeahJ's Profile Photo

Wondering about transportation

by LeahJ Online Now Aug 1, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Hello, I'm travelling from Michigan to Raleigh NC via airline and meeting my friend. From North Carolina we are then travelling via car to Charleston (Mount Pleasant) to stay with some relatives of mine. We want to sight see in downtown Charleston, and will have my friend's car, but I've heard that parking can be scarce in downtown Charleston. I'm wondering which mode of transportation is the most enjoyable/most affordable as far as tours of the city are concerned. My friend and I are both very interested in learning as much historically about the city as we can. We don't mind the heat, she's used to it and I love it anyway.

Thanks in advance,
      Leah

5 Answers Aug 2, 2012 at 7:28 AM
    • Charleston Engagement

by bulldawgzach Online Now Jul 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I'm taking my girlfriend of four years to Charleston this coming weekend to get engaged. I'm thinking about spending the day in historic Charleston followed by dinner at Penninsula or another recommended spot. Then taking a private carriage down to the Battery for a sunset proposal. I'm not very familar with the area and I'd love any ideas of how to make it a special weekend/night. Where is the most romantic restaurants and potential proposal spots? Thanks for your help!

1 Answer Jul 28, 2012 at 3:25 PM
    • Artcidic's Profile Photo

Local eats on a budget - historic charleston

by Artcidic Online Now Jul 8, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Hello all !!!
      I'm heading into Historic Charleston this weekend and am on a budget for food. Does anyone have any recommendations for the local eateries that aren't super expensive? Anything from low country to seafood would be great!

Thanks in advance for the help!
      Sharon

2 Answers Jul 9, 2012 at 3:42 AM
    • Lillian90's Profile Photo

Recommendations for Charleston

by Lillian90 Online Now Jun 30, 2012 at 5:47 AM

Hi!

I'm going to Charleston with my sister for a few days next week. We were suppose to meet up with a friend, but he got a job in another state, so now we are on our own. So do any of you have any suggestions to what to see and do? And does anyone know if there is a place where you might be able to hire bicycles and go for a ride? Neither of us have a car or license, so we would have to get from A to B by walking or buses.

Thanks in advance :)

8 Answers Jul 1, 2012 at 8:29 AM
    • Plantation visit feasible for 1 day stay in Charleston?

by erq Online Now May 17, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Plan on spending one day in July in Charleston coming from NY & heading to Orlando.....arriving on a Fri.night spending the day Sat. & leaving Sun. morning.

Would we be able to do a Plantation tour as well as take in a carriage ride to tour the historic district all in one day?

If so, which Plantation would you recommend?

Thank you!

9 Answers May 18, 2012 at 11:30 AM
    • smeans2's Profile Photo

Seek forum for discussion of misunderstandings, mistakes, misnomers, etc., related to Charleston SC

by smeans2 Online Now May 1, 2012 at 7:32 AM

I'm a native Charlestonian, now retired and living in NYC and Maine. I still visit Charleston and have taken a renewed interest in the city and its history, contributing to Wikipedia, etc. In the currently available information in travel guides and on sites such as VT, I have been surprised by the amount of historical and factual misinformation out there, not to mention myths that seem to have developed (or made up) since I lived there. I don't think this is the place for discussion of these matters, but can anyone suggest an appropriate forum? I can correct mistakes in Wikipedia, but I can't change widespread public misconceptions single-handedly. I'd also like to discuss current terms for places and things that have been newly coined, such as SOBs and SNOB, but I'm probably more concerned with historical and factual matters. Thanks, Spencer (smeans2)

8 Answers May 6, 2012 at 2:55 PM
    • best place to stay in Downtown/Historic district

by erq Online Now Feb 4, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Looking for an "affordable" place to stay in Downtown/Historic district. Planning on staying beginning of July for 2 nights and only 1 full day to spend in Charleston. I have already read previous posts of "things to do" and found great ideas, however, can't locate a hotel within walking distance to all the sights at a price of between100-150 a night.....(cleanliness a "must" as mentioned in my other posts!) thanks!

15 Answers Feb 13, 2012 at 6:00 PM
    • Bar or Pub with an 18 to enter, 21 to drink policy

by KappaAlpha Online Now Feb 2, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Are there any places in downtown that have an 18 to enter and 21 to drink policy? My fraternity is having our spring formal in Charleston and we are looking for a place where we can all be together. Most of the group is 21 but there are a few who are not and we are trying to find a place where we will be together while at the same time allow those who are of age have a good time. Please let me know. Thanks

• Charleston in a day.

by t4tony Online Now Dec 9, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Visiting Charleston by cruise ship in late January 2012, for one day only. Is it practical to see the historical part of town on foot? Also, would like to visit USS Yorktown - is it possible to get there by using public transportation, either bus or boat. The cruise ship does run trips but I prefer to do my own thing. Any suggestions gratefully received.

6 Answers Dec 13, 2011 at 8:08 AM
    • planning a trip

by KatieJack Online Now Dec 3, 2011 at 6:52 PM

I am planning a weekend getaway to Charleston for my father and his wife as a Christmas present. They have tons of energy (tennis, running everyday), so I would like to plan a weekend with fun activities with a hotel close by. And good eats, of course! I am trying to plan this from Alabama, so any advice would be so very helpful. Thanks!

3 Answers Dec 4, 2011 at 9:59 AM
    • Dmcmahon's Profile Photo

Walking or Carriage Tour

by Dmcmahon Online Now Oct 27, 2011 at 10:05 AM

My husband and I will be visiting Charleston for the first time next week. Should we take a walking or a carriage tour or both?

6 Answers Oct 27, 2011 at 3:21 PM
    • Deep Sea Fishing and Boats

by LIZARDBRAINS Online Now Aug 8, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Hey. I've been to Charleston about 8 times in my life, but I've never been out at sea on a boat, expect on the ferry to the fort.
      Have any of you all been deep sea fishing? That's what the guys want to do, so I suppose I'll go with them. Is it scary? Also, what type of boat would we would we want to rent?
      I think my brother is teasing me. He keeps showing me boats like this one: anglerschannel.com/content/2..., and saying that we're going to go very fast.

Am I the dumb one or is he?
      I'd appreciate the input and ease of mind!

3 Answers Aug 9, 2011 at 7:12 AM
    • Best time for fall travel

by embee7 Online Now Jul 21, 2011 at 7:55 AM

My wife and I are planning a first time trip to Charleston this fall. Our schedule is flexible and so we are looking for suggestions as to best time to travel for fall color. Any recommendations for moderately priced accommodations would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

9 Answers Jul 21, 2011 at 2:40 PM
    • Accessibility

by Peachpie02 Online Now Nov 14, 2010 at 10:23 PM

Are the tour buses wheelchair accessible? What main attractions are not wheelchair accessible?

• weddings at battery park

by pjnoble Online Now Sep 23, 2010 at 9:09 AM

I was just interested in finding more info about wedding packages for battery park.

1 Answer Sep 23, 2010 at 12:22 PM
    • CHARLESTON IN NOVEMBER?

by JRECON69 Online Now Aug 13, 2010 at 7:02 AM

Planning a trip to Charleston in November 27-30 for a 40th annivesary,and am torn between two hotels. The vendue inn or The french quarter inn? Any suggestions or personal experiences would be helpful.Also hows the weather in november down there? thanx in advance for the input

2 Answers Sep 12, 2010 at 7:29 AM
    • Visiting in August

by jhall3 Online Now Jul 5, 2010 at 7:19 AM

We are planning a trip to Charleston in August. We are looking for an affordable place to stay in the historic district? Any advice? Deals? We were in town for a wedding in May and loved it and want to come back a see more.

2 Answers Sep 12, 2010 at 7:05 AM
    • Stained Glass

by BettyWorrell Online Now Jun 30, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Where can I find a person in Charleston, SC or Mt. Pleasant, SC who does specialized stain glass art for individuals?

1 Answer Jun 30, 2010 at 11:34 AM
    • bridges painting

by sueoerman Online Now Jun 4, 2010 at 5:06 PM

There was a vendor a few years back with a painting of the 2 old Cooper River Bridges & of the Ravenel bridge together. My mother would like to be able to locate the painter to see if he/she still has one. It's a painting & not a picture. Contact me with photos if possible at sueoerman@comcast.net.

• What to do in Charleston ?

by wisia Online Now May 18, 2010 at 10:33 PM

My wife & I will be in Charleston May 26-30. Looking for fun things to do. Are the ghost tours, culinary tour or bus trips to plantations worthwhile?
      Any suggestions on food, activities, fun would be great. First timers ! Staying in historic district without a car.

3 Answers May 20, 2010 at 3:03 PM