Charleston Travel Answers

change location
NatalieJ's Profile Photo

Arriving in Charleston

by NatalieJ Online Now Apr 13, 2004 at 6:08 AM

Hi guys, I'm leaving for America in a week to travel down the East coast, I've booked all my accomodation and have a rail ticket. I am stopping for a few days in Charleston, I've looked on Amtrak.com and there seems to something going on with the Palmetto train service, according to the timetable there seems to be an overnight train that arrives in Charleston early morning but it says something about there being schedule changes. When I search for a train from Washington to Charleston the only one that comes up is one that arrives at 9:15pm. My concern with this is that the area it arrives in is apparently pretty dodgy and although I've travelled quite a bit before I always try to arrive in a new place during daylight, especially if it's a bit dodgy. SO my questions are: 1. Does anyone know whats currently going on with the Palmetto train service and what time trains there are arriving in Charleston from Washington. 2. If there is only a train arriving at 9pm just how bad is the area and how do you recommend I get to my hostel, which is Charlestons historic hostel and Inn, which is downtown. 3. Would it be a better idea to pay out for a bus ticket so that I arrive during the day. I hope someone out there can help! Thanks if you can, Natalie x

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines