Charleroi Travel Answers

change location

Shuttle bus to Charleroi HELP

by J1122M Online Now Sep 1, 2008 at 7:49 AM

Hi, I am living in Brussels and have a flight out of Charleroi to Venice at 6:00 in the MORNING on Friday. I see that the first shuttle bus leaves Gare du Midi at 4:30. Does anyone know if this will get me to Charleroi early enough to get checked in and to the gate to make my flight? or should I take a taxi?

Has anyone taken the 4:30 bus??

Thank you so much for your help!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

Re: Shuttle bus to Charleroi HELP

by qaminari Online Now Sep 1, 2008 at 11:40 AM

If you have found the timetable for the bus, which is on Charleroi Airport's website, presumably you have also seen that they say it takes 1 hour (in fact it can take 45 minutes), so you should arrive between 05:15 and 05:30; and that Ryanair - I presume you are going to Treviso, not Venice! - close their check-in 40 minutes before departure, i.e. in your case at 05:20! This, whether there is still a line or not.
    Therefore, unless you want to risk making it by the skin of your teeth, you will either have to take a taxi (normally around €85 but try taxi2airport.com/vliegveld/2... or go to Charleroi the night before and stay at the Ibis Hotel next to Charleroi-Sud railway station, from there it is only 10 minutes by bus 68 (if it is running that early) or by taxi (€12.50) to the airport.
    The lesson is: don't book supposedly cheap flights without first checking how much it is going to cost you to get wherever you have to get to to take them, at the time you have decided to book for.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Shuttle bus to Charleroi HELP

by J1122M Online Now Sep 1, 2008 at 11:58 AM

I just checked my flight again and it's actually at 6:40 not 6:00, so it looks like we planned okay after all! Thanks for the reply.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines