change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• capability's Profile Photo

old writers club in Little France

Strasbourg Jun 29, 2015 at 3:20 PM

As you walk towards Little France ( from ? NW) and just before the half timbered houses begin there is a vegetarian olde worlde cafe. There were pictures of some famous writers on the wall of the stairway leading to an upper floor. Apparently some rich benefactor had put forward money for a writers club to have its meetings there. I think this was in the 1800s or early 1900s but could be earlier. I can't remember the name of the place or the full history. Anyone help?

more
    • 6 Days in Corsica with a child!

Corsica Jun 28, 2015 at 5:21 AM

What to do and see in Corsica with a 4yr old girl?

more
    • reggae clubs

Montpellier Jun 27, 2015 at 11:54 AM

is there any r&b clubs or reggae in montpellier

more
    • Motor Boat Rental

Thonon-les-Bains Jun 25, 2015 at 3:45 AM

Is it possible to rent a small motor boat for the day in Thonon-les-Bains or Evian-les-bains? Thank you.

more
    • Is there bus from Le Mans to La Flèche ??

Le Mans Jun 18, 2015 at 10:40 PM

Is there bus from Le Mans to La Flèche ??
      thanks
      Dewi

more
    • meltyan's Profile Photo

Palais du Ideal

Hauterives Jun 7, 2015 at 7:47 AM

Hello! Salut!
      I would love to visit Palais du Ideal in next month and I rely on public transport to arrive there. Appreciate if you could advise where is the nearest train station (arriving from Paris) and from that train station how do I get to the Palais du Ideal?
      p.s. I will need to drop off my backpack at some hostel nearby if possible.
      Merci beaucoup!!

more
    • Red23UK's Profile Photo

Travelling from Arras to Douai in the early hours.

Arras Jun 30, 2015 at 8:50 AM

Hi all, three of us will be going to the Main Square Festival on Friday and will be heading back to our hotel in Douai at around 2am Saturday morning. Does anyone know if there's an alternative to getting a taxi?

Thanks in advance,

Jason.

more
    • sheanbedi's Profile Photo

Long term rental in Lyon 69002

Lyon Jun 25, 2015 at 8:48 PM

Hi, I am looking for a long term rental apartment for 1 year or more in Lyon. Prefer district 69002 near Bellacour area.
      60 to 100 sqm with a budget of Euro 900.
      Any recommendations ?
      Thanks

more
    • Current Bus schedules

Paris Jun 24, 2015 at 3:45 AM

Where can I find information about current bus schedules from LeHavre to Etretat ?

more
    • Buying tickets/Only have one day in the park

Paris Jun 22, 2015 at 10:48 AM

We will be visiting Disneyland Paris on 9 July 2015 with kids between the ages of 9 and 18. Unfortunately we only have one day to visit the park.

My question is as follows:

1. Is it a good idea to visit both parks in one day or rather focus on one park. If so which one is the better option.
      2. On the internet it mentions that the entrance fee is 39 Euro but when I sign onto the official website which is a UK website the tickets are 40 Pounds which is a huge difference. How long before the time must you book tickets and why such a vast difference in prices. Also where do you get the cheaper tickets as indicated on the website. We are budget travellers so want to do the visit the cheapest way possible. Thanks

more
    • Things to do at La Havre Port?

Le Havre Jun 21, 2015 at 11:16 AM

Hi all -

I will be at La Havre Port for a day. Are there things to do within walking distance or should I travel out of the area?

Thanks for any responses.

Laura

more
    • Base at Kaysersberg or Turckheim?

Alsace Jun 18, 2015 at 7:08 PM

Hi there!

My boyfriend and I will be travelling to Alsace region in the last week of November. We will be training from Paris to Strasbourg or Colmar, and work our way north or south. The places that we hope to visit are Strasbourg, Colmar, Villages (Eguisheim, Riquewihr, Kayersberg, Turckheim), Europa-Park and Frieburg. We have about 10 days, and will be renting a car from Strasbourg or Colmar (depending where we arrive from).

Our current itinerary is as follows:
      Day 1: Paris-Strasbourg (Arrive in noon)
      Day 2: Strasbourg
      Day 3: Strasbourg-Rust(Europa-park), arrive in the evening
      Day 4: Europa-Park
      Day 5: Rust-Frieburg (Arrive in noon)
      Day 6: Freiburg-Kayersberg/Turckheim (Arrive in evening)
      Day 7/8/9: Explore Egusheim, Colmar, Riquewihr
      Day 10: Colmar-Paris

Will the above plan be ok?

Also, will Kayersberg or Turckheim make a better base from Day 6-10? We are looking for a place hat is less touristy, has several restaurans and a market/grocery store nearby so that we can cook, and with friendly neighbours of course!

Thank you very much!
      Amanda

more
    • what to do

Saint-Nazaire Jun 16, 2015 at 9:38 AM

i will be in saint-Nazarene for 2 days,

what do you recommend me to do?

more
    • An early coffee and croissant in Morlaix?

Morlaix Jun 16, 2015 at 6:25 AM

We will come off the ferry at Roscoff at 8am and are hoping to find a cafe in Morlaix for breakfast. Somewhere easy to park so the cars from our party can regroup. Any ideas??

more
    • jmj0's Profile Photo

Best means of transport from Orlis Airport to Place d'Italie

Paris Jun 6, 2015 at 6:28 AM

Wife and I arriving midday during the week and in your beautiful city for one week.Please suggest best public transport.Thankyou

more
    • Dinan or Caen?

Bretagne Jun 29, 2015 at 12:01 AM

Hi all, I'll be visiting MSM from Paris. We'll be making a stop at Rennes as well and have time for either Dinan or Caen. Ignoring other factors, and just caring about the two cities, which has more to offer in terms of sightseeing and food?

Thank you!

more
    • Transport in Paris

Paris Jun 24, 2015 at 1:34 AM

We will be 8 people in Paris, arriving the night of the 8th of July and departing to Charles de Gaulle on the evening of 10/7. I have tried to see what the cheapest way will be to travel by train during that time. Our base will be on Rue Cardinet 17thArray. During this time we will be visiting Euro Disney, possibly Versailles Palace and the normal touristy destinations. I read up on train tickets and somebody mentioned that a Mobilis travel card is cheaper than a Paris Visite Travel card. Any suggestions on the cheapest way to travel around Paris for more or less 3 days? Thanks

more
    • transfer from cdg airport

Paris Jun 23, 2015 at 1:16 AM

hi
      best way round trip from cdg airport to courtyard by marriot paris Boulogne,billancort,92100.
      for 2 persons
      cheap route ,is it possible by public transport
      thanks

more
    • Cafe name and location

Nice Jun 21, 2015 at 5:24 AM

This cafe has blue awnings or canopies over their seats and wooden tables. If you think you know the name and address can you please let me know.

Merci, Lynne

more
    • jmj0's Profile Photo

Day trip to Villers-Bretonneux.

Paris Jun 14, 2015 at 12:06 AM

Couple of Aussies in our late 60's wanting to honour our soldiers from the 1st World War and learn as much as we can .Any help on day trip appreciated thankyou.

more
    • arrive in lyon part

Lyon Jun 27, 2015 at 6:22 PM

arrive in lyon part dieu with the tgv and than take a train to chambery challes I have only 10 minutes to change were do I have to go in the station never was there do I have enough time to change?

more
    • jacquisuiza's Profile Photo

Taxi in Bordeaux

Bordeaux Jun 21, 2015 at 9:03 AM

Hello, I need to go on a sunday afternoon from Gare Saint-Jean in Bordeaux to Le Haillan and back. Waiting time in Le Haillan about 1 hour. Anyone knows how much it would cost and can suggest a company?

more
    • jmj0's Profile Photo

Trips from Paris .

Paris Jun 10, 2015 at 7:03 AM

We have arrived in your beautiful city and need advice to get to Versailles;Monets Garden and Villers Brittaneau.Is it possible to combine on the one day.We are residing near Place d,Italie.Thanking you.

more
    • whizz01's Profile Photo

Line dancing

Île de Ré Jun 9, 2015 at 2:34 PM

Hi does anyone know if there is any line dancing on the ireland or close by thank you

more
    • rmsg1228's Profile Photo

getting from airport to hotel

Paris 4 hours ago

Another question for you all- there will be four of us traveling together. After a long flight from the USA/jet lag, I 'm not really thrilled by taking public transportation from the airport to the hotel (I think we have decided on the Holiday Inn Grands Boulevards). I have traveled enough to know that I will just be cranky, tired and hungry at that point (not a good combo and not in the mood to find my way away public transportation in a place I have never been before).

Would you recommend taking a taxi since the cost will be split by all of us or would airport shuttle be more economical?

Thanks again VT'ers!

more
    • Restaurant search

by carlsbadtourist Online Now Jun 2, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Is there an "old French" restaurant with brick and high beamed ceilings inside on the route back from Chateau du Chantilly to the train station? I had a wonderful, multi-course meal there with much ceremony many years ago.

4 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 1:28 AM
    • blackeye07@btinternet.com

by blackeyetwo Online Now Mar 6, 2014 at 7:13 AM

What is the easiest (not necessarily the quickest) way to get from central Paris to Chantilly racecourse? Thank you.

1 Answer Mar 6, 2014 at 7:24 AM
    • cheryl69's Profile Photo

BARS

by cheryl69 Online Now Dec 30, 2012 at 3:32 AM

Hi,
      We are staying in Chantilly for 4 nights in April and was wondering if there are any bars in the town?

Thanks
      Cheryl

3 Answers Jan 1, 2013 at 7:53 AM
    • iaint's Profile Photo

dinner...

by iaint Online Now May 27, 2009 at 5:21 AM

I'm going to be looking for a restaurant for dinner in the Chantilly/Senlis area on a Saturday night.

I've spotted a few possibilities in members' tips, but thought I'd throw it open.

Any recommendations out there?

1 Answer May 28, 2009 at 11:50 PM