Chania Travel Answers

change location

Nea Chora

by maristogreece Online Now Mar 6, 2008 at 1:59 PM

Will the Nea Chora be a good base for a family with young kids? How close is old town by foot? any feedback on christina apartments?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Jawnuta's Profile Photo

Re: Nea Chora

by Jawnuta Online Now Mar 7, 2008 at 6:55 PM

The sandy beach of Nea Hora (new town) is actually in the middle of the city, its only 5 minutes walk from the old town and harbour area in the centre of Chania. The beach is about 10 kms long and there are charming tavernas and cafe's all along the beach road.
    Well, that is only kids of true. Nea Hora streatches for some dystance so it depands how far away you are from the Fortezza (that is where the old town begans).
    Try to GoogleEarth your hotel.
    Remember, if you ask your hotel how many minutes you have to walk to FOrtezza......hm,.... add extra 10 min....because they all clame to be very close ;-)
    Selinou Str. where I believe your apartment is located is on the western end of CHania...you will have a quite a strole to the old town. Taxi is a good choice and it should not be that expensive.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • oriettaIT's Profile Photo

Re: Nea Chora

by oriettaIT Online Now Mar 9, 2008 at 4:20 AM

Hi, I remember Christina apartment as I ask them a room the first time I was in Chania, they were full :-) It is quite a long walk to the center of Chania, about 15-20 minutes to reach the vry beginning of the harbour area.
    If you are planning to rent a car in Crete, and I suggest this, take a look at the Nea Kidonia Area, is is about 3 km from Chania center but with a car you can easily go and park near the port every evening. Nea Kidonia is close to the Golden Beach that is the best near Chania.
    I was at http://www.kyriakihotel.gr/ fore some days and it was a great experience.
    happy travel.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines