Chania Travel Answers

change location

Accomodation Marathi

by Paralio Online Now May 28, 2007 at 2:54 AM

My family and I are going to Chania from the 16th of June and we are going to stay for a week.

Normally we stay somewhere in the middle of Chania and Platanias but we have always been driving to the Marathi beach.

This year we like to stay at Marathi, and we are looking for a nice apartment for four in the Marathi area.

Any suggestions?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Jawnuta's Profile Photo

Re: Accomodation Marathi

by Jawnuta Online Now May 28, 2007 at 3:32 PM

You really don't need a reservation.

If your plane comes very late make reservation for one night somewhere in Marathi. Next day you get up and before lunch you will find great appartment close to all the places you like to spend your time.
    If you are coming during the day, just take a cab to Marathi, sit your family in cafe watching luggage and make trips up and down the street to look for apartment.
    Ask store owners, restaurant owners, and local people.

We were traveling last year for a week around Crete and few times we took an apartment, we paid 40 or 45 Euro. If you will ask for a price for whole week you will get good price. Also, don't be afraid to bargan, and don't be afraid to walk away and look for next place.

Check out my Chania home page and also tips on Chania, Crete and Rethymno pages.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Jawnuta's Profile Photo

Re: Accomodation Marathi

by Jawnuta Online Now May 28, 2007 at 3:43 PM

here
    rentals.holiday.com/chania-c...
    there is one nice place :-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines