Chania Travel Answers

change location
EPEKINDINI's Profile Photo

car rental

by EPEKINDINI Online Now May 15, 2007 at 12:12 PM

I have been to this island many times b/4 but have never rented a car. I am flying in From Athens during mid august (I know, major holiday in Greece that week) and would like to reserve a car for rent as this will be a very busy week. Can anyone tell me where i can find Cheap car rental?

any response would be greatly appreciated.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Jawnuta's Profile Photo

Re: car rental

by Jawnuta Online Now May 24, 2007 at 9:24 PM

I went to Crete (Chania) last year in August and we had no problem finding a car.
    Ask in your hotel to recomend you a car rental and go check the prices.
    After that just walk around and find few more rental places and compare prices. We rented car after 30 min walk (going only to 3 rental offices).
    We rented Hyundai Accent (4 door sedan), since we had two huge bags and we wanted to keep them locked in the trunk. We paid below 200 Euro per week.
    Make sure to ask if you will have to pay deductible on case something happen to the car. I like to drive worry free and am usually looking for deal without any additional charges.
    I don't recomand renting car on the airport, sice they are hunting for naive tourists and their rates are the most expensive.
    Look for small offices that do everything, cars, tours, money, etc.
    There is really no problem with renting cheap car on Crete.
    Good luck

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • EPEKINDINI's Profile Photo

Re: car rental

by EPEKINDINI Online Now May 29, 2007 at 3:30 PM

thanks for the tips; you have been most helpful. Now i feel worry free..

• Re: car rental

by JohnAugustine Online Now Jul 12, 2007 at 6:35 AM

I have used Autoway (www.autoway.gr) for all of my 6 visits to Crete - not the absolute cheapest but new cars at considerably lower price than many majors and first class service.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines