Chania Travel Answers

change location
djoslin's Profile Photo

Some first time traveler questions - Banking, car rental, etc.

by djoslin Online Now Mar 4, 2007 at 5:49 PM

First, are there banking machines allowing the withdrawl of Euros?

Second, I understand that renting cars from around the airport is expensive, where do you suggest renting?

Third, if we stay at the Ammos Beach Hotel, how difficult is it to get into the old town (by car, or other ways)?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • VITORPORTUGAL's Profile Photo

RE: Some first time traveler questions - Banking, car rental, etc.

by VITORPORTUGAL Online Now Mar 4, 2007 at 7:29 PM

Chanai is very touristic and people are very kind! They will help you there with all your worries! Enjoy!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • papadakispaul's Profile Photo

RE: Some first time traveler questions - Banking, car rental, etc.

by papadakispaul Online Now Mar 13, 2007 at 3:59 PM

i am from chania.tomorow i will be here again.send all your questions and i will answer.i am there now and i work at the tourism industry so i will help

c u

• Jawnuta's Profile Photo

Re: Some first time traveler questions - Banking, car rental, etc.

by Jawnuta Online Now Apr 7, 2007 at 3:50 PM

Just read my story and tips (Jawnuta - member name) The best way to rent a car, next day on the morning ask at your hotel for recomendation and then walk through your town and visit at least 4 different agencies (they are everywhere). Compare, ask for NO DEDUCTIBLE ( you don't want to pay 400 Euro if somebody scratches your car). I know Hyundai Accent is about 200 Euro per week. Smaller cars are much cheaper and there is also lots of specials on the internet, just look for it. Greeks are usually very onest people, and if you pre-order your car you don't have to pay in advance.
    Banking machines are everwhere. We use CITIBANK every time we see one, they are cheaper than Greek banks. You can also use your card in restaurants and stores, we never had any problems with that.
    They will let you know at your hotel how to go to Old Town. Most hotels are by the main road and there are public buses. For few Euro you can get everywhere. Also ask other people at your "included continental breakfast"
    Few years ago we (2 of us) rented a car and to make our trip more fun we invited 2 other tourist to join us (extra money for gas, etc)
    Hope that helps

Jawnuta

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines