Chania Travel Answers

change location

Needing information

by kieranmac Online Now Sep 28, 2006 at 11:07 AM

Hey, what is the nightlife like in Chania? is it busy all year round or just in the pek summer months?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Wingshot's Profile Photo

RE: Needing information

by Wingshot Online Now Oct 9, 2006 at 9:34 AM

I was in Chania at the end of May last year & it was pretty dead except for one or two bars, and those crowds were managable.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • angelundercover's Profile Photo

chania nightlife

by angelundercover Online Now Feb 8, 2007 at 2:15 AM

i used to live in Chania.There are plenty of bars and nightclubs around the old venetian harbour.it becomes more lively between the months of May- September with the busiest being june-August.
    I visited in 2004 during the Olympics...an area called Platanias (on the beach) which is approximatelly 8km from the town centre has become fairly lively with clubs/pubs abd nightclubs.During hours buses go there or alternatively you can et a Taxi. However the area around the Venetian harbour is in the city and you can walk around and chose what you like.
    In summer time a lot of the nightclubs open after midnight and usually things start happening well after midnight. Greeks usually have a late dinner around 9pm and then go to a bar or a club.
    Even if you happen to be there when is not very touristy the area is lovely ...you can seat by the water and have a drink or a meal.
    Have a great holiday.
    Natasha

• Jawnuta's Profile Photo

Re: Needing information

by Jawnuta Online Now Apr 7, 2007 at 4:37 PM

If you are looking for a nightlife in Chania all year round DO NOT go to the Old Venetian Harbor. Fallow the sea going East. Past the Turkish part of town (the one you know) and right after that you will see THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of young greeks enjoying their life. THere is restaurant next to the restaurant, all brand new. Names like SOHO or Manhattan, etc. The son of the owner of the hotel Anemones we stayed in told us Old Town is for tourists, the new Harbour east od the old one is for greeks and young hip Europeans.
    Well, we were walking through that part at night and boy was it a party!!!!

Jawnuta

• Jawnuta's Profile Photo

Re: Needing information

by Jawnuta Online Now Apr 7, 2007 at 4:40 PM

Me again,
    It is on the AktiMiaouli str and it is about one mile long, really!!!!
    Old Town is dead during the winter, however hotels and few restaurants are open. Anyway just ask local young people where their favorite place is. Greeks like to go out wearing their fancy designer clothes. ;-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines