Chamonix-Mont-Blanc

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Art Markets, things to see

Annecy Dec 19, 2014 at 3:52 PM

I am staying 13th Jan to 17th Jan and would like to know if there are any Art Markets or galleries.

Also what would you say are the top things to see in Annecy?

Thanks!

more
    • Chamonix with a 2 year old toddler

by Derbs Online Now Oct 20, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Hello! I'm thinking of bringing my almost two yr old to chamonix for three months Nov - Feb. We would be staying in a self contained apartment anywhere from 10mins to one hour from town centre (walking distance). Is chamonix a good place for toddlers or would we both get more out of it waiting a year or so. Thanks :)

3 Answers Oct 21, 2014 at 6:01 AM
    • MuratU's Profile Photo

Ski to Verbier and Courmayeur, is it possible without a car?

by MuratU Online Now Sep 18, 2014 at 5:00 AM

Hi there,

I'll be traveling to Chamonix towards the end of January 2015. I'm not planning to rent a car and pretty much rely on using public transportation to move around. I'd like to try and ski in three countries! how difficult is to reach Verbier by using train or bus connections and and make it back to Cham the same day? I understand there is a direct shuttle bus every morning to Courmayeur center and takes about 45 mnts to get there. Say if you wanted to stay in town for dinner and get back to Chamonix around 9 or 10 pm with the bus, is this possible or do you have to take a very expensive taxi ride?

Thank you.

5 Answers Nov 26, 2014 at 7:27 AM
    • Hiking around Chamonix in early may

by natureluvr Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 5:32 AM

Hi...thinking about coming to Chamonix the beginning of May and wondering if good trails will be open for hiking that won't require anything more than hiking boots....thank you

6 Answers Apr 16, 2014 at 12:09 PM
    • Which is a better train route from Chamonix to Paris?

by mum-of-3 Online Now Dec 9, 2013 at 4:35 AM

Can anyone advise the best train route from Chamonix to Paris and what is a better time to depart?

4 Answers Dec 9, 2013 at 6:36 PM
    • daisy13_8's Profile Photo

chamonix short visit

by daisy13_8 Online Now Dec 8, 2013 at 2:15 AM

i will be in chamonix from 22 tell 24 Dec , this is my first time and we are 2 adult and 2 kids (12- 10) , we never skied and experienced the snow before, i need advice about what to wear to be worm , where to go , and what to do there , where to eat .your recommendation much appreciated .

6 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 9:32 AM
    • Good place for snowboard rental

by DixonC Online Now Nov 28, 2013 at 8:11 AM

I'm looking for high-end/top of the line type of gear for about 5 days. A few places online have "performance" packages for just a bit over 100 euro (for 5 days). I wouldn't mind paying that or even a bit more for good equipment.

Any recommendations as to where to look, and also a place with a decent customer service, so that they can fix any issues that may come up, exchange gear midway, wax boards/sharpen edges if needed?

3 Answers Dec 8, 2013 at 9:18 AM
    • Train question....Chamonix to Les Houches

by heliskier59 Online Now Nov 24, 2013 at 4:35 PM

We will be arriving to Chamonix from Zurich Airport by train on December 24th. We are travelling with a Swiss Transfer rail ticket that allows us to travel all the way to Chamonix but Les Houches is extra. The train we are travelling on to Chamonix continues on to Les Houches. Is there any way to buy tickets directly from the conductor so that we do not have to get off the train and wait for the next one? I have tried to book the ticket on the SNCF website and it should cost 19.5 Euros for the whole family but there is no way to have the ticket delivered to us. There does not appear to be an option to buy online and PRINT the tickets. If I select mail delivery and enter United States I get re-directed to Rail Europe where I will be charged a total of 65 Euros which seems outrageous for the 15 minute journey. Any ideas?

4 Answers Nov 27, 2013 at 7:26 AM
    • David_theG's Profile Photo

Looking for Lodging in Chamonix

by David_theG Online Now Nov 6, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Hi everyone -

I am spending ~6 weeks in Chamonix this winter, from January - mid-February 2014. I am looking to meet some people who will be getting a house/chalet. If you are looking for a roommate, please let me know!

Thanks,

David

7 Answers Nov 15, 2013 at 6:46 AM
    • Does it make sense to prepay lift tickets?

by heliskier59 Online Now Nov 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I will be travelling from the U.S. with my wife and four children to Chamonix over the Christmas Holidays. We plan on skiing for six days. Is there any advantage or discount available if we buy our lift passes in advance?
      Thanks in advance

7 Answers Nov 4, 2013 at 4:02 AM
    • Chamonix in November

by greterrr Online Now Oct 15, 2013 at 12:46 PM

What is there to do in terms of outdoor activities in Chamonix in November? It seems that all of the lifts and stuff are closed, but I was wondering if it's still possible to go snowshoeing.

2 Answers Oct 19, 2013 at 6:23 AM
    • skiing november

by karinemid Online Now Oct 3, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Are the slopes open in mid November?

4 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 11:12 PM
    • travel to other towns

by canwegetmore Online Now Sep 14, 2013 at 11:07 AM

can i take a train to annecy or do you recommend bus travel?

2 Answers Sep 15, 2013 at 3:30 AM
    • Lyon to Mines via Mt Blanc & Annecy

by marykey Online Now Sep 13, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I want to travel from Lyon to Mt Blanc also to see Annecy over several days maybe. After south to Nimes.
      What is the best way? Bus, train etc

2 Answers Sep 14, 2013 at 10:35 AM
    • Are ski hire and general shops open on Christmas day?

by clarkchrista5 Online Now Aug 1, 2013 at 2:28 AM

We are landing landing later on the evening of 24th and were wondering if shops (mainly the ski hire and ski pass shop) will be open on Christmas day?

Thanks

Christa

4 Answers Aug 1, 2013 at 1:25 PM
    • AliVaisovich's Profile Photo

The Mont Blanc tunnel with the bike.

by AliVaisovich Online Now Jul 6, 2013 at 4:54 AM

Hello, I had planned Alpine Bicycle route.
      And it involves moving through the Mont Blanc tunnel.
      Tell me, are there any difficulties if use the car passing by and go hitchhiking ?

4 Answers Jul 6, 2013 at 1:56 PM
    • Transportation

by jfclawson Online Now Jun 24, 2013 at 6:57 AM

How can we get from Chamonix to Champex? We will not have a rental car. thank you.

6 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 2:18 PM
    • Chamonix in August

by nimishshukla Online Now May 28, 2013 at 9:09 PM

We wish to travel to chamonix in 3week August is it high season? And will lifts be open?
      Also I plan to drive from Lyon airport how much time will it take to reach

4 Answers May 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM
    • What to wear?

by Dlemien Online Now May 22, 2013 at 7:21 PM

We will be in Chamonix in early June and plan to hike Lac Blanc and also take the Aiguille du Midi cable car. Can anyone tell us what we will need to wear? We were thinking--hiking boots, fleece, down vest and a shell jacket, gloves and a hat. We are worried that will not be warm enough. Should we bring winter jackets? Thanks

8 Answers May 30, 2013 at 3:28 PM
    • Stay in a chalet surrounded by snow

by manishab Online Now Apr 9, 2013 at 5:17 AM

Where can i find an option to stay surrounded by snow in the Montreux, Chamonix, area?

6 Answers Apr 9, 2013 at 7:48 AM
    • MaryamS6's Profile Photo

From CDG to Chamonix via train

by MaryamS6 Online Now Apr 8, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Ok I know this topic has been discussed plenty of times of the forum however, i couldnt find a solid answer to my question.
      I will arrive to CDG airport Terminal 2 on May 1st, and want to reach Chamonix via train, so questions are:
      - Can I book the train tickets once I arrive to the terminal/train station
      - What is the best rail to choose for this trip... SNCF or TGV
      - Is it true that there arent currently any trains going to Chamonix so the alternative is the coach/bus??

Any other tips would be appreciated :)

17 Answers Apr 17, 2013 at 8:02 AM
    • MaryamS6's Profile Photo

Chamonix in May vs. June

by MaryamS6 Online Now Apr 7, 2013 at 6:54 AM

I'm planning a trip to Chamonix with my husband but quite confused as to do it in early May or by mid June when the lifts reopen.
      I am wondering if there will be any places with snow to walk on and do snowshoeing or not. We come from Egypt and my husband hasn't seen snow ever... so it's important to give him that experience of walking on snow.
      Appreciate your help :)

14 Answers Apr 9, 2013 at 12:30 PM
    • pcsn57's Profile Photo

Easiest way to travel from Chamonix to Florence

by pcsn57 Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Me and my family are planning to spend a week in Chamonix next december (starting on DEC/21/2013).
      On the DEC/28/2013 we are going to Florence, Italy. I`d like to know which is the best/easiest way to make this trip.
      Train? Plane? Bus? Rental Car?

15 Answers Mar 30, 2013 at 3:52 AM
    • Accommodation, room mate, house mate, rent

by PenelopeCutter Online Now Jan 23, 2013 at 5:04 AM

Hello

I am looking for a place to stay whilst I look for seasonal work, I would like to rent a place for a minimum of a week. I am a working professional, very clean and tidy with all round perfect manners. I am looking to come out at the beginning of Feb 2013, is there anybody who could help me?

About me

I am a white British female, 28 yrs old
      Polite and friendly, easy going and likes to explore the sights
      Looking for seasonal work within the skiing resort.
      Many thanks

Penelope Cutter

4 Answers Feb 22, 2013 at 11:47 PM
    • Jawnuta's Profile Photo

hotels in July

by Jawnuta Online Now Jan 13, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Hello,
      We will be driving from Annecy, France to Interlaken, Switzerland and would like to stop for a day in Chamonix.
      Is it possible to find a room in 1 or 2 star hotels at prices up to E80/2 people on arrival?
      We usually rent a car and travel without reservation in Europe and have no problem finding rooms between E40 - E80/night.
      I am doing my research now and I notice that all inexpensive hotels on expedia, agoda, etc are fully booked.
      Is Chamonix usually fully booked on the beginning of July?
      Thank you for your help!
      Jawnuta

5 Answers May 4, 2013 at 1:53 PM
    • arranging a trip to France

by Noura_86 Online Now Jan 9, 2013 at 2:38 AM

Hi everyone,
      I'm planning a trip for my family for Easter break. We're 4 adults, and 1 child who is 8 years old.
      At the beginning the plan was to visit Disney Paris for 3 days for my little brother and then to Anncy for another 3 days and back to Paris for 4 days. But after looking online I discovered the beautiful city Chamonix and I thought it will be nice to spend time there and experience the snow for the first time in our life and to have one day skiing class (something like that) . But now I don't know how to plan it in term of which would be easier transportation and shorter distance from one place to another.
      The current 2 options I’m thinking about are:

1- from Dubai-> Genève-> Annecy -> Chamonix-> Disney Paris -> Paris

2- from Dubai-> landing in paris and by car to Disney Paris -> Paris -> Annecy -> Chamonix and then will have to go to Genève to go back to Dubai.

The total trip is about 14 days.

Thank you so very much in advance.

3 Answers Jan 9, 2013 at 7:45 AM
    • Easiestt way to travel chamonix to Venice

by Mom4run Online Now Jul 13, 2012 at 8:38 AM

We will be in Chamonix beginning of September and then moving on to Venice. We will have two kids (11,13) so I'm trying to figure out the least difficult way to travel to Venice. I know with the train there are several stops and transfers. Is it worth it? Is it easier to travel back to Geneva to get there? Thanks for the help

6 Answers Mar 25, 2013 at 5:00 AM
    • Can you travel with luggage into Italy?

by RobSoultrain Online Now Mar 19, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Hello, my wife and I are planning a trip to France/Italy/Spain. We read about the unique cable car ride from Aiguille du Midi into Courmayer.

Would this be a suitable way to travel into Italy with a lot of luggage?

6 Answers Feb 1, 2013 at 9:43 AM
    • Chamonix to Aiguille Du Midi and back, or to Italy and back.

by minlex Online Now Mar 5, 2012 at 11:22 AM

We are coming to the area in July and I can't find information if most people take the cable cars to Helbronner Point and return, or if they go into Italy and return to Chamonix by bus.

I think the trip from Chamonix to Aiguille Du Midi and then onto Helbronner Point sound awesome, I just don't know if getting over to Italy and turning around and doing it all again going the other direction is the best idea.

I would love to go into Italy but not sure about getting back. I am also not sure if they offer one way tickets. It might also take a lot longer to go through Italy, I am just not sure.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2 Answers Mar 5, 2012 at 1:30 PM
    • What is the best option to get to Chamonix?

by JessyJ Online Now Mar 2, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I will be in Paris next month for 2weeks holiday. Therefore, I would like to plan to go to Chamonix and Geneva as well within the 2weeks trip.

Option 1:
      Take a flight from Paris to Geneva;then from there get a train to Chamonix?

Option 2:
      Take a train from Paris to Chamonix?

Which one is the best option in term of scenic view and money savings? btw,how long would you advised me for staying at Chamonix and Geneva.

Thanks

9 Answers Mar 26, 2013 at 3:49 AM
    • Advice needed on where best Chamonix for only three days

by kim1959 Online Now Jan 18, 2012 at 6:32 AM

My husband and I are going to be in Chamonix for three days skiing in late Feb. I know it is going to be busy. We are confident skiers, high intermediate/low advanced and used to skiing big groomed runs in the US. We have not done any off-piste and are not really intending to as I see that a guide is really a must. We are going to be skiing mainly red and easier black runs. As we are only there for three days we are keen to avoid wasting valuable time going to the wrong areas.Can anyone suggest the best areas for us to head to and which areas will be a waste of time for us? Are all of the Grand Monets off piste? or are there normal runs there too? We are staying at an hotel near the Midi Du Aiguille but I am confused when reading about it? Would there be any skiing at the top for us or is it only for off piste? I note also that reservations have to be made to use the cable cars..does anyone know how this works and if we should be thinking of including them? I note also that here are Le Pass lift tickets and Unlimited passes and that one can upgrade from Le Pass to unlimited if required. Any advice for us given our middle of the road level of skiing? Many thanks

2 Answers Jan 18, 2012 at 7:45 AM