Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Travel Answers

change location

Italy to Chamonix

by celery5 Online Now Oct 6, 2006 at 4:35 AM

Hi,
I'm going to be in nice on nov. 2 and will be in chamonix on nov. 7.

i'd like to do some travelling in italy first.

1) if i go to florence and cinque-terre then i could take the train to genoa or aosta. does this sound like too much travelling in such a short time? is genoa worth seeing? can you suggest somewhere else in the region? maybe florence will make everything too hectic. dunno.

2) from aosta, is there a train to chamonix? i can't seem to find the information for that.
if so, then how long does it take and (approximately) how much does it cost?

thanks so much,

celery

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • firechick's Profile Photo

RE: Italy to Chamonix

by firechick Online Now Oct 26, 2006 at 7:16 AM

Hi,

I think that is a lot of travelling (too much for me). A lot of time on trains or buses I mean. So not as much time exploring where you are at the moment. It's a whole day's travel to go from Florence to Aosta. See either Florence or Cinque Terre, not both. I don't think there is a train from Aosta to Chamonix - you have to take a SAVDA bus from Aosta to Courmayeur and then a bus from Courmayeur to Chamonix. I am not sure of the cost. Should be a couple of hours from Aosta to Chamonix (assuming the connections are not too far apart). The buses are at the train stations and you should be able to get the schedule and prices from the links listed here: fodors.com/miniguides/mgresu...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Chamonix-Mont-Blanc