Chambord

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Car rental

Amboise Jul 15, 2014 at 11:08 PM

We want to pick up a rental car when we arrive at Amboise station. Are there any rental companies at the station?

more
    • Trains from Tours

Chenonceau Jul 4, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Which station in Tours do trains depart from to Chenonceaux?

more
    • bike on train Orleans - Nevers

Orléans Jun 22, 2014 at 1:14 PM

We want to travel by bike from Saumur to Nevers, along the river Loire.
      After having arrived in Nevers, we want to put our bikes on the train and return to Saumur.
      Between Orleans and Saumur is a train-accommodation for bikes, but we cannot find that possibility between Nevers and Orleans.
      On internet we see some trainconnections between Nevers and Orleans.

Question: can we put our bikes on the train there and and travel in a fast way along the river by train.
      Or do we have to change more times the train.

Thanks in advance,
      Peter Smit (Netherlands)
      mail:
      smitruimtelijkontwerp@gmail.com

more
    • bus into Paris from Orleans

Orléans Jun 23, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Is there a bus from Orleans thats direct to Paris i am staying Across the river from Notre Dame

more
    • Game Fair 2013

by cycleamie Online Now Jan 5, 2013 at 9:30 AM

We had planned to spend June 20-22 cycling the Chambord area. Game Fair, a hunting fair, is that weekend. Is it safe to cycle the area during a hunting show? Will people actually be shooting? How crowded will this be? Is this a gun show? We are thinking of changing our itinerary. Thank you for your help.

2 Answers Jan 5, 2013 at 10:36 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Blois to Chateau Chambord

by SandiM Online Now Aug 25, 2010 at 1:37 PM

I am arriving by train to Blois in mid-April and want to take a bus/shuttle to the chateau since I don't drive and I couldn't pedal a bike to save my soul (too old, too lazy). I've read on VT in the Tips section that the shuttle only starts running effective May, but on the TLC bus site (using my rusty knowledge of Francais) I didn't find any mention of a limited service. Can someone provide updated info on bus times in mid-April to and from the Chateau? I didn't want to do a tour from Tours since I am planning to stay at the Hotel Grand St Michel right on the grounds of Chambord itself.

1 Answer Aug 25, 2010 at 1:51 PM
    • Blois to Chambord

by rchitekt Online Now Jun 23, 2009 at 1:08 PM

I will be coming from Tours to Blois by train. After visting the Blois chateau how can I visit the Chambord. Is there a bus or train ? After the chateau visit I want to go back to Tours. Will this be possible to do in one day using public transportation.

1 Answer Jun 23, 2009 at 1:33 PM
    • Winkie's Profile Photo

Cycling in Loire Valley

by Winkie Online Now Jan 11, 2008 at 12:42 PM

I've read a lot about how nice it is to bicycle to your destinations around the Loire Valley, but I'm wondering about safety. Is it safe for two mid-20s, American females to be cycling the region by themselves?

5 Answers Jan 12, 2008 at 10:25 PM