Chalkis Travel Answers

change location

Athens-Chalkida-Prokopi by buses /train?

by Zaronina Online Now Jun 28, 2010 at 4:51 AM

Yasas

i am planning a short trip to Greece in end of July and will be mainly in Athens. I would like to visit the village of Prokopi (church of Agios Ioannis Rossos) and seeking advise on how to get there from Athens. I will be most likely going on July 23, Friday, and will need to return to Athens on the evening of the same day. I appreciate if you advise which bus station in Athens I should start at to get to Chalkida and how i can get detailed bus schedule Chalkida-Prokopi. Is there a possibility to come to chalkida by train and then go to Prokopi by bus?

I sincerely appreciate your advise, I will only have 1 day for tris trip and i hope I can use this opportunity to go to Prokopi to the holy place I have been waiting to visit.

Euxaristo,
angelina

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Re: Athens-Chalkida-Prokopi by buses /train?

by greekcypriot Online Now Jun 28, 2010 at 5:09 AM

Hi,I just saw that you want to visit Prokopi. A very good choice indeed.
    I just recently gave tips on both buses, and by car, and in my Evia Perfecture you will find everything you need.
    It is a beautiful place to visit, and Agios Ioannis Rossos is my beloved (living) saint who works miracles.
    If you take the Ktel bus from Athens you will be in Chalkis Bus station in less than an hour. You can can the bus from that station thus saving you time and money.
    Popi

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mariakaptein's Profile Photo

Re: Athens-Chalkida-Prokopi by buses /train?

by mariakaptein Online Now Jun 29, 2010 at 2:49 AM

Busses leave the Liossion busstation every whole and half hour ( 6.00, 6.30, 7.00 etc) and take 1 hour and 10 minutes to reach Chalkída.
    From Chalkida there are busses at 8.15, 12.30 14.30 and 17.15 to Prokopi.
    There also seems to be a direct bus from Athens to Limni ( on Evia) at 07.00.

see athensinfoguide.com/buslines...

and ktelevias.gr/dromologia?q=no...

From Rovies and Limni, there returns a bus to Chalkida at 13.50 and 16.30.

So if you leave Athens early, you can visit the church of Ag.Ioannos Rossos.
    Hope this was helpfull, maría.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines