Chad Travel Answers

change location
seratonin's Profile Photo

Anybody who was in Tchad recently?!

by seratonin Online Now Feb 20, 2003 at 4:05 AM

Hi out there! Was anybody recently in Tchad? I'm interested in the current situation for travellers in the capital N'Djamena and also in the north-eastern regions of Abeché and Fada. Greetings from Zurich Bernhard

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Eirikhk's Profile Photo

RE: Anybody who was in Tchad recently?!

by Eirikhk Online Now Mar 27, 2005 at 6:12 AM

Hi there... Yes, I just returned from a visit to Chad. I spent most of the time in the eastern part (Abeche, Irbia, Tine, Bahai) The capital is fairly OK, but the crime rate is high so keep a low profile. The eastern part is rather difficult to reach if you have nothing special to do there. As a result of the on-going war in Darfur, there are some 220.000 refugees in the eastern part of the country, and there has been sporadic fighting also on the Chadian side of the border. Public communications are poor, to put it mildly, but there are every now and then internal flights from N'Djamena to Abeche. However: you need a special permit to go to the eastern Chad. (A "Autorisation de circuler"), and I'm not sure that tourism is a sufficient reason.

Best regards,

Eirik
    Norway

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • seratonin's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Anybody who was in Tchad recently?!

by seratonin Online Now Mar 30, 2005 at 10:43 PM

thanks for your comments, erik!
    in the meantime, i vistsed chad too. i could travel to abeche and got also this notorious "autorisation de circuler". tourism was a sufficient reason.. ;-) but this was in 2003.

happy travels!
    bernhard

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Chad Travel Answer Locations