Be the First to Answer

• Batates's Profile Photo

from 14-18/6/2015

Florence May 17, 2015 at 2:57 AM

any parties in florance in that time from 14 to 18/6

more
    • Livorno to Cinque Terre

Livorno May 4, 2015 at 3:36 AM

Our cruise was originally supposed to stop in LaSpezia, but they changed the itinerary to Livorno. We had our hearts set on going to Cinque Terre from LaSpezia. I know that Livorno is quite a bit further away, but we are in port from 7 am to 7 pm. Would taking the train up be a possibility?

more
    • JessSmyth's Profile Photo

Mugello Race

Barberino di Mugello May 3, 2015 at 6:03 PM

Hello, VT Nation:

I've traveled to all of the MotoGP races in America and am now trying to gauge distances from Europe's MotoGP circuits to each town's epicenter (hotels, restaurants, motorbike shops, bars, clubs, etc.).

For Mugello, is there just one little town outside of the track? And if so, how far is it and is it very exciting? If the track holds 50,000 people, I imagine all of those Rossi enthusiasts need to eat and sleep somewhere close by.

Any help you could provide would be most helpful.

Cheers!
      JS

more
    • Shopping Guide or List of Recommended Shops for Leather?

Florence May 12, 2015 at 9:18 AM

I have been to Florence before and done the art and cathedrals thing, and while I love them, this time I will be concentrating on other things in Florence and Tuscany. I am planning one"Power Shopping Day" to buy myself a leather jacket and some Christmas gifts, and then hop a train or Viator excursion to Prada and The Mall.

I have gathered a short list of great leather shops on Trip Advisor and also seen the recommendations for Maren Erickson there and on every board/forum.Here's my quandary--- would I save time going to reputable leather places going with Maren or take my list (which includes Michelangelo Leathers). I know from past experience that sometimes a paying a guide for a few hours is worth it. Time in Florence for shopping will be limited and I still want a few hours to hit the Prada outlet too. Suggestions please!

more
    • Vintage Door Knocker

Florence May 5, 2015 at 11:00 AM

My husband and I recently visited Florence, Italy. He fell in love with the door knockers. Our anniversary is coming up and I would like to surprise him with an authentic Italian door knocker. Any ideas on where I can buy one? Thanks!

more
    • Scenic driving route + safe to leave luggage in car in towns?

Tuscany May 25, 2015 at 6:33 PM

Hi All! Two questions:

1. We are travelling as a group of 8 people (me/husband, both sets of our parents who are in their 70s and my sister/bro in law). We are renting a van from Rome Termini and driving to Gaoli in Chianti, and I was wondering what the most scenic route is? I have read driving the A1 and stopping at Orvieto and Montepulciano would be good- is that what you guys would recommend? Any other places you would stop and if anyone can help be more specific on that route that would be reallly helpful! Of course I can use Google Maps but wanted to make sure to take the scenic route...

2. Given we will be renting a van, there will not be a trunk. If we stop off at these towns on the drive to Chianti, we will have our luggage with us. Do you think it's safe for us to leave a van full of luggage parked in various towns during the day, so we can stop for lunch or to walk around, for example Orvieto and Montepulciano? I tihnk the luggage would be visible as there won't be a trunk. Of course we will try to minimize what people can see but there are 8 of us so would be hard to completely hide it all.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

more
    • Wait Times

Florence May 23, 2015 at 3:04 PM

How long is the wait to get into the Academia?

more
    • John3554's Profile Photo

Restaurants in Venice and Florence

Florence May 6, 2015 at 2:41 PM

I asked this question in 'Venice' section and am repeating here.

While in Venice, we are staying in the Ghetto region. Looking for suggestions for lunch and dinner in that area or close by as we aren't all that mobile; we want to walk no more than a km for a meal. Looking for mid-range rather casual restaurants. Also in Florence for a week. There we are located near the Bargello National Museum. Suggestions welcome.

more
    • What to do

Livorno May 5, 2015 at 5:21 PM

If we are stopping in Livorno and we don't want to do an excursion to Pisa or Florence, what is recommended to see and do in the area that does not take hours to get to?

more
    • ValeryCollins's Profile Photo

A walk from Lucca

Lucca Yesterday

I am leading a walking group based in Montecatini Terme and I need to find a walk for our free day combined with visiting Lucca. We have to take the train to Lucca. Can anyone suggest a walk that would include walking around the walls of Lucca?
      Where can I get a walking map of the area?

more
    • JohnDeRose's Profile Photo

Trains in Florence

Florence May 2, 2015 at 10:31 PM

Hello,

Is it easy to get around Florence by train? By easy I mean do you have to reserve tickets or you can go to the station and buy your ticket cash? I want to be flexible.

more
    • vicksie's Profile Photo

transport florence to certalvo

by vicksie Online Now Jun 26, 2013 at 3:51 AM

Please let me have a map from Florence Airport to Station Centrali and then a bus from here to Certalvo.

4 Answers Jun 27, 2013 at 4:21 AM
    • PeterCac's Profile Photo

Any info on the new apartments near the Funicular?

by PeterCac Online Now Dec 14, 2008 at 12:56 PM

We are going back to Certaldo in 2009 and noticed when we were there in 2006 that someone was extensively renovating the building near the funicular.
      However, I can not find any rental information on those apartments.
      Does anyone know anything about those apartments?
      If you enter a forum answer that is great, or you could email me at PeterCac@vtmail.com .

2 Answers Jan 30, 2011 at 4:53 PM
    • Car Rental in Certaldo

by Robbino Online Now Apr 5, 2004 at 1:31 PM

Hi, A group of us will be travelling from Canada in Sept04. Is it possible to rent cars in Certaldo? Is it better to rent locally or try to do it from home (Toronto)?

1 Answer Apr 18, 2004 at 10:28 AM

Certaldo-who has been there

by PeterCac Online Now Mar 27, 2004 at 3:32 PM

Has anyone out there been to Certaldo? What was your impressions and how long were you there? We will be there for 10 nights at the end of April 2004.

3 Answers Jan 30, 2011 at 5:14 PM

Certaldo- what is it like?

by PeterCac Online Now Feb 14, 2004 at 8:16 PM

Q: We will be staying in Alto Certaldo at the end of April. Anybody been there to coment on what it is like and whether the cable car to Certaldo at the bottom of the hill is a pain or convenient. Are there enough stores and restaurants, etc in old Certaldo at the top of the hill or do you find yourself going down the hill all the time. Is parking convenient for day trips to Sam G. Siena, Florence , other small towns etc.? Or perhaps we should take a bus or train to the nearby cities/towns? Any references in Certaldo you can give us, like a tourist guide, etc that were real good? We will be two couples staying in a nice apartment in Alto Certaldo. We have not found much on the web about what Certaldo has. My direct email is EagleHill@directway.com if you want to use that. Thanks, Peter

1 Answer Jul 25, 2004 at 3:38 PM