Travel Answers
Central Province

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Sri Lanka in July - who wants to join us?

Sri Lanka 14 hours ago

Hi all we are 40+ couple from Poland and we will be in Sri Lanka from the 1st of July till 23rd. We plan to make a tour during the first 6 days and than go to the East and stay there two remaining weeks. We are looking for company to join us in our trip. Let me know if interested :)

more
    • Airport shuttle

Bentota Mar 28, 2014 at 6:10 AM

Can anyone suggest a good taxi firm that runs a service from Bentota to Colombo airport?

Thanks

Gary

more
    • modes of travel in srilanka

Bentota Mar 25, 2014 at 12:05 AM

we are 4 adults and 1 child. Want to know the best way to travel from Colombo airport to bentota. and later from bentota to kandy

more
    • Sri Lanka travel itinerary

Sri Lanka 5 hours ago

Hi guys! I know am asking a very vague question but could help me in planning itinerary for my expected tour to Sri Lanka.

Am looking to travel there sometime in Jan or Feb 2015 (I know I have started planning to early), I searched various travel sites and most of them have similar itinerary as below:
      Day 01 : Colombo - Kelaniya - Colombo
      Day 02 : Colombo - Pinnawala - Dambulla
      Day 03 : Dambulla - Sigiriya - Matale - Kandy
      Day 04 : Kandy - Peradeniya - Kandy
      Day 05 : Kandy - Hakgala - Nuwara Eliya
      Day 06 : Nuwara Eliya - Bentota
      Day 07 : Bentota - Departure from Colombo

I don't know much about the country, so am not sure if the above cities/places and days are enough to see Sri Lanka. Can someone help me.

Also noticed that no company includes Jaffna. I would like to visit as have heard a lot about it but is it advisable to go there?

more
    • A swimwear/ bikini shop in Unawatuna

Unawatuna Apr 8, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Hi, I am arriving from Rishikesh, in north India. Are there any shops close by Unawatuna for swimwear?

more
    • August Itinerary - HELP NEEDED

Sri Lanka Apr 6, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Hello all. I am planning a 15 day trip in August for myself and my boyfriend (both mid 20s). Please can you let me know your thoughts on whether it's feasible (or if we're missing something important?). We want a good balance of beach, exploring local cultures & authentic food. Our priorities are at least one beautiful beach resort (weather permitting) with luxury accommodation, one safari experience (with tree hut lodge stays), and some great local food / markets. We would enjoy some evening nightlife for some of the trip too. Our plan so far is:

Colombo - head straight to Negombo for 2 nights
      Kandy for 3 nights
      Nuwara Eliya for 2 nights
      Yala National Park for 2 nights
      Ella for 1 night
      Beach Resort (Tangalle / Mirissa) for 4 nights
      Galle for 1 night
      Train to Colombo for flight home

more
    • List of Halal food in Sri lanka

Sri Lanka Mar 31, 2014 at 9:46 AM

I'll be travelling in sri lanka soon. Therefore would be glad if anyone could share the list of halal eateries that they have been to. Especially to this following places:
      - pollonuwara
      - nuwara eliya
      - hambantuta
      - galle
      - colombo

Appreciate your kind help.

more
    • modes of travel in srilanka

Bentota Mar 25, 2014 at 12:05 AM

we are 4 adults and 1 child. Want to know the best way to travel from Colombo airport to bentota. and later from bentota to kandy

more

Popular Central Province Travel Answer Locations

• Cheap accommodation in Kandy

Kandy Mar 3, 2014 at 1:12 AM

Hi All,

I'm from Australia and looking for some budget accommodation in Kandy Sri Lanka. was going through most travel sites and narrowed down to a few. I was wondering if anyone has stayed at this place called Sedevo Chalets? They offer private bungalows and looks pretty decent. Or what other place/s would you recommend with similar setup?
      Thanks
      Alicia

8 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 8:07 AM
    • bus from dambulla to colombo fort

Dambulla Feb 9, 2014 at 6:37 AM

Is i possible to take a direct bus from Sigiriya or Dambulla to Colombo Fort station? I have tried to find a bus plan, but did not succeed. It looks as if we maybe can grab a bus passing through from Trincomalee ? If this is correct, what time, and how often do the bus stop in Dambulla and what is the driving time to Colombo approxemately ? (We are planning to travel to Bentota by train the same day). Hope someone can help with information

7 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 7:55 PM
    • bus time from nuwara eliya to kandy

Nuwara Eliya Jan 7, 2014 at 6:50 AM

Anyone know about what time starting bus from Nuwara Eliya to Kandy(ruote47)???
      I can't find anything in the web

7 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 2:18 AM
    • cangle_192's Profile Photo

Travelling on...

Kandy Jan 2, 2014 at 4:09 AM

Hi, I will be in kandy from tomorrow (fri 3rd jan) until sun (5th jan)
      Is anyone in the area at the same time who wants to share travel costs towards the east coast??

3 Answers Jan 3, 2014 at 6:21 AM
    • cookb's Profile Photo

Day trip to Dambulla

Dambulla Dec 6, 2013 at 6:13 PM

What is the best way to do a day trip to Dambulla from Colombo? I will only be in the country for two days and want to spend a full day in Colombo. Is train + bus from a nearby station a good idea? Obviously, speed is a concern although I do not mind leaving Colombo early and returning in the evening. I will be there in March, if that makes a difference. Ideas and prices are much appreciated.

5 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 8:36 AM
    • Dambulla caves visit time

Dambulla Nov 6, 2013 at 10:22 PM

How long it takes to go through all the 5 caves .is 2 hours sufficent.

4 Answers Nov 7, 2013 at 4:42 AM
    • rberelia's Profile Photo

Kandy to Trinco Bus

Central Province Nov 5, 2013 at 6:10 AM

Any Night or Day Bus Service from Kandy To Trinco

2 Answers Nov 17, 2013 at 10:32 PM
    • How do I book the Observation Car for the Kandy to Colombo Trains?

Kandy Nov 3, 2013 at 2:22 AM

I know I cannot book the Observation Car until 10 days prior but do I have to be in SL to do this? Someone told me you can only do it from within the country? And how do I go about it? I want to travel on Nov 18 and I expect it to get booked up fast with the Com Conf on at the same time.

5 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 8:36 AM
    • 2 days in Kandy - what to do?

Kandy Oct 24, 2013 at 3:55 AM

I'm the outdoorsy type not the shopper and temple worshipper. Would appreciate best advice since the rest of my time in Sri Lanka is down in Galle. Only 2 days in the hills :-((
      Thanks! Rachel

4 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 8:36 AM
    • immigration & emigration clearance

Kandy Aug 17, 2013 at 9:53 AM

sir, I came from kuwait on termination of my housemaid visa. Now I plan to go kuwait again on receiving new visa from kuwait ministry so please inform me the total cost of expenditure for the following :-

1. Police clearance -
      2. Insurance cost & validity period -
      3. medical expense -
      4. making new passport -
      5. Travel agency commision for the above formalities -

3 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM
    • Esala Perahera

Kandy Jul 21, 2013 at 6:24 AM

Can anybody offer us some advice on attending the above festival. We will be staying in Beruwala from 10th August until the 24th August 2013, but fancy travelling to Kandy for the above festival and staying for one night. We would like to know what date would be the best to go, where we could stay for the night, and how to go about booking seats to watch. Also, it would be nice to know whether there are any places we could stop off at along the journey from Beruwala to Kandy. We will be travelling with our teenage son, so anywhere we stay would need to be child friendly.

Any advice would be welcome.
      Thanks
      Kaley and Steve

4 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM
    • VM66's Profile Photo

Kandy Perahera/August

Kandy Feb 28, 2013 at 6:42 AM

Hi

I will be in Kandy on 17 August. It will be the date of the Kandy 3rd Randoli Perahera festival.

I'll be staying in the hotel Amaya Hills and need information on how to go/and return from the hotel to the place of Kandy Perahera.

It is also necessary to pay a ticket or is a public event?

I appreciate any information

8 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM
    • Best Area/ Family Hotel to stay in Nuwara Eliya

Nuwara Eliya Jan 21, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Hi, we are three adults traveling to Nuwara Eliya. Which would be the best area to stay in Nuwara Eliya? We are looking out for hotels in the range of 7000 - 12000 lankan rupees per night.

Please share your suggestions.

2 Answers Feb 3, 2013 at 3:31 AM
    • PaulH45's Profile Photo

Turning up in Kandy

Kandy Jan 5, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Hi,

I will be turning up in Kandy on Thursday or Friday. A solo backpacker, I would like to find a place for around10 or less per night...I dont mind if I have to sleep with monkeys :) Are there beds for that price and within walking from the train station,

Thanks,

Paul Holmes. UK

3 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM
    • Travelling around hill country and to the south

Nuwara Eliya Nov 26, 2012 at 4:48 AM

Hi hi,

I am a backpacker heading to Sri Lanka in a week's time. What would be the recommended itinerary? I will be staying in Negombo before heading to kandy and then to the hill country. i would like to be able to go horton plains and adam's peak. How many days would be sufficient to go around the hill country and where else would be recommended to go?

After the hill country, i would like to head down to the beaches in the south. i heard that mirissa and unawatuna should not be missed. how do i go about arriving at any of these destinations from the hill country? are there public transport available and how long would the journey take?

Thank you.... : )

2 Answers Nov 26, 2012 at 7:18 AM
    • Self drive hire Kandy

Kandy Aug 13, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Hey,

After doing (self drive) the A2 from Colombo to Matara and back, we took the train to Kandy, where we are now.

We would like to explore the central province also by self drive but we find it quite hard (read: impossible) to find a rental car. Because I'm 6'8'' a small car doesn't fit.... (However I'm not looking for a SUV in particular.)

Does somebody already rented a self drive car in Kandy? Where was the car rented? Was the car, the service and the price ok?

We are hoping for some quick responses because we are only staying here until Saterday (We would like to rent from wednesday to Saterday).

Looking forward to your feedback.

Greetings,

CG&KC

• bashboo's Profile Photo

Kandy driver hire

Kandy Mar 16, 2012 at 3:39 AM

Hi all,

I know this might be attracting a lot of seller replies.

I need to go from Kandy down to Mirissa (Matara) and I know there is no train service anymore. Can you advise on cars/drivers to hire?

How much would this cost me?

I'm currently being quoted by Red Dot tours nearly200...!

6 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM
    • sanjaywg's Profile Photo

visiting Kandy

Kandy Nov 1, 2011 at 4:24 AM

Hi,
      i plan to visit Srilanka in Nov end.

suggest a itenerary.

Sanjay Waghela

• Gregory Lake and other places

Nuwara Eliya Sep 29, 2011 at 10:34 PM

We would be staying at Grand Hotel. How far is Gregory Lake from the hotel ? Any other places within walking distance from this hotel ?

3 Answers Sep 30, 2011 at 12:35 AM
    • df53's Profile Photo

Train to Nano Oya for Nuwara Eliya

Kandy Aug 8, 2011 at 7:05 AM

I've looked at the schedules and it looks like you can go direct from Colombo, but not from Kandy to Nano Oya, is that right?

1 Answer Aug 8, 2011 at 7:11 AM
    • SukanyaW's Profile Photo

Travel time to Nuwara Eliya

Nuwara Eliya Jun 8, 2011 at 6:09 PM

How long does a car journey take from Colombo to Nuwara Eliya (and also from Nuwara Eliya down to a) Bentota and b)Unawatuna?

4 Answers Jun 9, 2011 at 8:53 AM
    • Transportation cost from Colombo airport to Nuwara Eliya, St. Andrews Jetwing Hotel

Nuwara Eliya Mar 21, 2011 at 1:40 AM

Please give me idea as i will be traveling with my wife. Suggest me a safe mode of transportation of the location mentioned in the subject. Also, return from the St.Andrew hotel to Colombo Hotel?

6 Answers Mar 24, 2011 at 9:29 PM
    • cheap halal food in nuwara eliya?

Nuwara Eliya Mar 3, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Can any one tell me the places where cheap food is available ? i am traveling with my wife, and i am muslim so i will be needing halal food.
      Or can you suggest what is the average price per meal per person in nuuwara eliya?

Many thanks

1 Answer Mar 3, 2011 at 2:02 PM
    • Kandy Perahara

Kandy May 29, 2010 at 3:32 AM

Hi,
      Im wondering, if someone can tell me what time Kandy Perahara starts? And also what's the best place to watch it without being pushed around..

Is it hard to find accommodation in Kandy around that time?

11 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM
    • Travel tups to Kandy

Kandy Mar 22, 2010 at 6:12 AM

Hello,

My fiance and I are travelling around Sri Lanka and want to get to Kandy from Kalamatiya, which is close to Tangalle. We are open to train travel or car hire but want to do the quickest as we would like to spend some quality time in Kandy but have only one night there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Lucy

5 Answers Mar 22, 2010 at 11:22 AM
    • LostinParadiseTR's Profile Photo

Is it worth paying the extra for a with pool hotel in Kandy?

Kandy Feb 23, 2010 at 5:48 AM

I'm looking for accommodation in or very near Kandy, and finding that only the most expensive hotels have swimming pools. I wondered if it was worthwhile stretching the budget for this ........... or will the water be too cold to be enjoyable (I realise temperatures dip low at nighttime)? I will be there next January.

5 Answers Mar 18, 2010 at 4:38 AM
    • Accomodation

Dambulla Dec 18, 2007 at 12:21 PM

Can anyboby help us with good,clean guest house in Dambulla in february, and will we need to book a/c.
      Thank you

2 Answers Dec 18, 2007 at 7:46 PM
    • Amaya hills

Kandy Sep 28, 2007 at 3:11 AM

How long does it take to get to kandy centre fom the amaya hills hotel and much would this be in a Tut Tut.

Thanks

5 Answers Oct 4, 2007 at 1:18 AM
    • seeaann

Horton Plains Nov 7, 2006 at 9:29 PM

Hi
      Can any one advice me on a good honeymoon location in Horton Plains or some ware in the cool hill country of Sri Lanka? We are local and are on a tight budget and we love nature so guess some thing eco will be nice... Please help

Regards

S

4 Answers Nov 16, 2006 at 2:31 AM
    • seeaann

Nuwara Eliya Nov 7, 2006 at 9:24 PM

Hi
      Can any one advice me on a good honeymoon location in Nuwara Eliya or some ware in the cool hill country of Sri Lanka? We local and are on a tight budget and we love nature so guess some thing eco will be nice... Please help

Regards

S

1 Answer Nov 9, 2006 at 2:13 AM