Central Kalimantan Province

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Driver to Jakarta

Surabaya Yesterday

I need to get from Surabaya to Jakarta tomorrow.
      Anyone know of private drivers ? The train is full and I cannot fly with my Visa.
      Please let me know. Thanks!

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

How to go to Sriwijaya Archaeological Park?

Palembang Aug 10, 2015 at 6:36 AM

May i know how to go and how long does it take to travel by taxi from Palembang airport to Sriwijaya Archaeological Park?

more
    • jeannetteb1's Profile Photo

Volcanoe disruption

Bali Aug 6, 2015 at 1:58 AM

Hi hoping someone can give me a little advice and support. We are due to fly out to Hong Kong this Sat with Cathay Pacific and then on to Bali on the 11th Aug. Does anyone know if Dragonair flights are being affected by the volcano ash? I can see lots of info for Virgin and Jetstar from Australian travellers but not a lot for other airlines. Cathay Pacific have very generic info on their website. I really don't know what to do, beginning to worry about flying to HK and getting stuck there! Booked everything ourselves, although insurance does at least cover us for the ash.
      Hoping for a little friendly support to stop me panicking!
      Thanks Jeannette

more
    • 10 days in Bali (+ Lombok/Gilli) over Christmas / New Year

Bali Aug 23, 2015 at 3:55 AM

Hi all,

I've spent quite a bit of time looking at suggested 10-day itineraries for Bali, but yet I still don't seem to have managed to find one that I feel works for me. I'm in Bali for 10 full days (11 nights), arriving on Christmas Eve and staying on until the 4th January. I will be arriving and departing from Denpasar

I'm not a big beach-goer or into surfing, though having said that, I would still like to fit in a couple of days at a quiet, relaxing beach. I will be travelling alone, and am in my mid-twenties. I don't drink, so I'm not looking for parties/bars/wild nights. I'm interested in exploring the history and culture, with a bit of down-time thrown in. I'm interested in the local life, scenery, food and exploration - so spending days at a beach resort is not too appealing - though some relaxation time on an authentic local beach would be lovely. I would also like to try and fit in Lombok and a couple of nights on one of the Gili islands - though I get the feeling that this might be trying to cram in too much.

At the moment, my rough itinerary is:

24/12 EVENING ARRIVAL

25/12 Bali (Ubud)

26/12 Bali (Ubud)

27/12 Bali (Ubud)

28/12 Bali (Ubud)

29/12 Lombok (Senggigi?)

30/12 Lombok (Senggigi?)

31/12 Gilli (Gilli T?)

01/01 Gilli (Gilli T?)

02/01 Bali (Sanur?)

03/01 Bali (Sanur?)

04/01 AFTERNOON DEPARTURE

I would be ever so grateful if you could share some ideas on which areas might be best for me to visit/stay for each of the proposed stops - as well as let me know if the itinerary is realistic. I would like the trip to be as comfortable as possible (I'm not a backpacker/hostel type), though, having said that, I will be on a budget (perhaps 3-star). As my trip is over the festive season, do you think that the date allocation for each stop is appropriate or should I make changes to the order that I plan to make each stop? I would also like the order of the itinerary to be appropriate and practical for departing for the next stop on my trip.

I have found that there are just so many variations and possible itineraries that cater for different interests, and I have just found it all very overwhelming, and not found a detailed itinerary that fully grabs me.

Thanks in advance!

more
    • Effects of Volcanic Ash in the city

Bali Aug 8, 2015 at 7:36 AM

I wonder if someone who is now in Bali can provide an update on the pollution level as a result of the volcanic ash. There was a report on BBC - August 7, showing damage to local crops and the thick ash on the crops and the locals using face masks. Would it be advisable to bring face mask for people going there in the next few days? In the hotels does the ash cover the surfaces...beds, tables, etc.? Just wanted to know what kind of an experience it is at this time. Thank you.

more
    • jeannetteb1's Profile Photo

Visas, payments and money exchange

Bali Aug 1, 2015 at 5:04 AM

Hi hoping for some up to date advice...

1) Am I correct that since June 2015 the visa-free policy is granted to foreign nationals of 30 additional countries and this now includes the UK so we will not now need to pay the US 35 dollar entry visa fee?

2) Is there a charge for departing the country as I have also read that the departure tax should be included in flight price. I'm getting confused reading advice to other people, on different forums on other sites. Any up to date advice would be great.

3) I know it is best to change to IDR there so would you take GBP travellers cheques or cash?

Thanks JB

more
    • What visa/permits do I need to visit Sorong?

Sorong Aug 5, 2015 at 9:55 PM

I'm planning to visit family in Sorong at the end of the year, but am unsure what visas/permits I need or where to get them. Could someone help me?

Thanks in advance for your help!

more
    • s.j86's Profile Photo

Phuket to Jakarta

Indonesia Aug 10, 2015 at 12:09 PM

Is there any ferry service from Phuket or any other part of Thailand to Jakarta or Bali or any other part of Indonesia? If yes, is it reliable?

more
    • Three weeks in Bali 27th February and Alcohol

Bali Aug 20, 2015 at 12:32 PM

My wife and I are due to spend about 3 weeks in Bali. We are both aged related pensioners and my last visit to a Muslim country was many years ago where alcohol was and is still prohibited. Not wishing to offend but like to have a glass or two of wine, especially with meals, I ask for advice. Not wanting to stay in 5 star hotels but prefer small guest house. Are there such places, that serve alcohol as in reasonably priced; Gin and Tonics, and wine ?
      Are there off licences/ stores where wines are readily available ?
      Can anyone advise on the best area for us to get a taxi to from the airport, to find such a Guest House, private facilities and hopefully a sea view. We will already have spent two months travelling so cost must be considered. We look for a; peaceful, tranquil setting but reasonably central for a few day excursions and site seeing.

more

Popular Central Kalimantan Province Travel Answer Locations

• PALANGKARAYA river guide

Palangkaraya Jul 25, 2014 at 8:19 AM

am traveling to Kalimantan and seeking a "real" river experience. So many of the things I have read make me feel like it is a cruise ship where the locals know when it is coming and go out and "perform" for the tourists. Yes, I like orangutans but don't want that to be the main focus. Does anyone know of a way to experience river life (human and non-human) utilizing a boat and home-stays?
      Thanks!!

• Bayley83's Profile Photo

Dress regulations for women?

Palangkaraya Jul 31, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Please help am going in 2 weeks and want to know if there are strict dress regulations for women

2 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    • Sampit is the place my wife is born

Sampit Sep 7, 2012 at 1:08 PM

In oktober we wil visit Sampit. We are looking for places of interrest.
      also we like to find things of the kolonial time . Bruynzeel wood compagnie.
      Also we like to stay in a guesthouse or small hotel.

Thank you for your comment.

Salam Johan

• Mangkatip

Palangkaraya Feb 24, 2011 at 3:35 AM

Hello,
      We are planning to travel to Palangkaraya end of this year and want to track down family living in a kampung called Mangkatip. Can anyone tell us how to travel from Palangkaraya to Mangkatip and how far/or long to travel?

2 Answers Mar 13, 2011 at 1:38 AM
    • Central Kalimantan

Palangkaraya Dec 31, 2010 at 10:57 PM

If you have travelled in Central Kalimantan and visited Palangkaraya I would be very pleased to hear from you. How did you get there. Where did you stay. What did you see and do. Did you enjoy this tourist experience and any lasting impressions. I would be delighted to hear from you. MegJ.

1 Answer Dec 31, 2010 at 11:28 PM
    • cari rumah utk usaha

Palangkaraya May 25, 2010 at 11:29 PM

isa kasi info ga y ttg rumah utk usaha di palangkaraya? dlm waktu dekat mgkn aku segera kesana, tp alangkah baiknya kalo uda ada info tempat2 yg dijual, soale waktu ku disana nanti ga banyak, cm 2hari :(
      pls infonya y! thanx

• Looking for rental house in Palangkaraya january 25 until february 20. Mencari untuk persewaan rumah

Palangkaraya Nov 10, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Hello, I'm french and I come to Palangkaraya January 25 until February 20 with a friend. We are looking to rent a house not too far from downtown.

Halo, saya orang prancis dan saya datang ke Palangkaraya 25 Januari hingga Februari 20 dengan seorang teman. Kami mencari untuk menyewa rumah tidak jauh dari pusat kota.

Thank you for your help. Terima kasih.

1 Answer Dec 25, 2009 at 6:29 PM
    • belgianchocolate's Profile Photo

A recipe...can you help me?

Palangkaraya Jul 18, 2003 at 3:55 AM

Since a week I'm back from Indonesia-Kalimantan. I really loved the food. You can't get those fish here. But what I really loved was the vegetarian cooking. I ate a sweet sort of fried tempeh...Is there someone who got a recipe for it? I've got lots of cooking books...but... pleeeeeze.

7 Answers Sep 16, 2010 at 7:38 AM
    • belgianchocolate's Profile Photo

Help me....

Palangkaraya Jun 4, 2003 at 10:24 PM

All information is usefull and welcome... also about abnyarmasin and surrounding.....

1 Answer Jun 7, 2003 at 12:28 PM