Central Java Province Travel Answers

change location
kythie's Profile Photo

Brobudur trip

by kythie Online Now Sep 13, 2010 at 8:04 AM

I am in the midst of planning the trip to Joyakarta on Nov 11 - Nov 14. I wanna to visit brobudur etc...

Any propose itinerary for my reference.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • meiyergani's Profile Photo

Re: Brobudur trip

by meiyergani Online Now Sep 14, 2010 at 10:07 AM

Hello there, during 4 days trip you can visit Yogyakarta Keraton (Palace)of Sultan Yogyakarta, visit Borobudur Temple and Prambanan Temple in a one day tour, the remain days is visit Solo (just one hour by train from Yogyakarta)and any other nearby place to visit.....have a pleasant trip to Yogakarta

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • IreneMcKay's Profile Photo

Re: Brobudur trip

by IreneMcKay Online Now Sep 18, 2010 at 4:36 AM

Yogyakarta itself has a large palace complex called the Kraton, a totally hectic main street called Malioboro Road, an old Dutch fort now a museum; a bird market and a Water Palace.

Borobodur is definitely worth seeing and so is Prambanan. I believe you can also do trips to the nearby volcano - though we did not. There were some beautiful temples near Solo - Candi Sukuh and Candi Ceto. These are known as erotic statues due to some erotic statues there. They were probably part of some fertility cult. They are on a mountain and there are fantastic views from them over terraced rice fields, coffee and tea plantations.

Enjoy your trip.

You can find some pictures of Jogjakarta and Solo on my travel pages.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Central Java Province Travel Answer Locations