change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Solo traveler! Please advise!

Bangkok Aug 29, 2015 at 2:35 PM

Hi,

I am flying to Bangkok on 19th September for a 5 days tour of this city.

I have a budget of $40-50/day for the accommodation.

I want to stay in a hotel with easy access to shopping centers for some good shopping & night clubs/red light areas (if u know what i mean) Which areas should I consider while booking an online Hotel?

I am not much concerned about stars of the hotel but must be simple for a descent stay which facilitates Wifi access & 24/7 check-in as my flight is arriving around 7 in the evening, Any hotel suggestions?

Secondly, I heard hostels are much cheaper than Hotels,Is it true? Do I get seperate room in a hostel?

Is it safe to stay in hostels comparing to other hotels?

Appreciate your early response!

more
    • Travelling around Trat

Trat Aug 27, 2015 at 11:26 AM

I will be teaching in Trat for three months. I will be able to travel around on the weekends (Fri-Sun). Are there any places I should go see or things that I should do? Recommendations would be most appreciated!

more
    • Transport from DMK to Pattaya

Bangkok Aug 25, 2015 at 4:49 AM

Hi All,
      I will arrive in DMK airport @ 00:35 am and I plan to go to Pattaya.
      Should I take a taxi or limousine ...
      Is still opened the taxi service counter or limousine service @ this time in DMK ? and how much will be the trip?
      Thanks !
      Lenn

more
    • Air hubs- Bkk-Europe

Bangkok Aug 18, 2015 at 7:30 AM

Which European city has the best/ cheaper airfare between BKK and European in 2015?
      I usually fly there from NY but this time I'm in central europe/istanbul region.
      Which airline and from which city?
      Thanks!

more
    • i have heard about scams in bkk and pattaya

Bangkok Aug 8, 2015 at 3:41 PM

as i am travelling and i have about lot of scams in bars discos jetkis tuk tuk taxi and several other scams??is it safe to travel alone??and is there any advices that i can make it assure to keep myself safe??i will apprecaite any good advices...thank u

more
    • Solo traveler planning 6 days in bangkok

Bangkok Aug 22, 2015 at 11:33 AM

Hi All,

I am planning to travel alone to Bangkok for a 6 day tour. Mostly in September end,

My main motive is to change weather, explore city, watch English movies and yea sure some time in night clubs/paid sex or massages.

How much money should i carry with me to afford hotels, food and visit above places?

Please note I am not looking forward to stay in very expensive hotels & I am not an alcoholic....

Secondly. I have an Indian passport, so Do i get tourist visa on Arrival? Or should i get a visa in advance?

Please advise & Thanks in Advance.

more
    • First time to pattay and am alone

Bangkok Yesterday

hi adam here, well am planing to travell pattay alone 3rd week of sept 2015, well is there anything specially to be carefull as i am along, regards hotel i prefer to be arranged prior to
      my departure

more
    • Is Bangkok save?

Bangkok Aug 17, 2015 at 9:21 AM

I bought plane tickets to bangkok which arrive on 20th august and will be staying in Lemon Tea Hotel where the booming of the four faced Buddha occur nearby around 2.5km.

Just wondering is it save to go there now.

more
    • is 27,000 baht enough for 7 days in bkk nd pattaya?

Bangkok Aug 8, 2015 at 5:20 AM

i am ravelling to thailand after 2 days and this is my 1st trip and i am travelling alone..will 27,000 baht enough for 4 nights in bkk and 3 nights in pattaya??i m not a regular drinker or fond of paid sex..i jst want to have some tours and sightseeying...will it b enough??thank u

more
    • First time to pattay and am alone

Bangkok Yesterday

hi adam here, well am planing to travell pattay alone 3rd week of sept 2015, well is there anything specially to be carefull as i am along, regards hotel i prefer to be arranged prior to
      my departure

11 Answers Yesterday
    • Solo traveler! Please advise!

Bangkok Aug 29, 2015 at 2:35 PM

Hi,

I am flying to Bangkok on 19th September for a 5 days tour of this city.

I have a budget of $40-50/day for the accommodation.

I want to stay in a hotel with easy access to shopping centers for some good shopping & night clubs/red light areas (if u know what i mean) Which areas should I consider while booking an online Hotel?

I am not much concerned about stars of the hotel but must be simple for a descent stay which facilitates Wifi access & 24/7 check-in as my flight is arriving around 7 in the evening, Any hotel suggestions?

Secondly, I heard hostels are much cheaper than Hotels,Is it true? Do I get seperate room in a hostel?

Is it safe to stay in hostels comparing to other hotels?

Appreciate your early response!

3 Answers Yesterday
    • Travelling around Trat

Trat Aug 27, 2015 at 11:26 AM

I will be teaching in Trat for three months. I will be able to travel around on the weekends (Fri-Sun). Are there any places I should go see or things that I should do? Recommendations would be most appreciated!

3 Answers Aug 28, 2015 at 4:01 AM
    • Transport from DMK to Pattaya

Bangkok Aug 25, 2015 at 4:49 AM

Hi All,
      I will arrive in DMK airport @ 00:35 am and I plan to go to Pattaya.
      Should I take a taxi or limousine ...
      Is still opened the taxi service counter or limousine service @ this time in DMK ? and how much will be the trip?
      Thanks !
      Lenn

3 Answers Aug 25, 2015 at 5:19 PM
    • Solo traveler planning 6 days in bangkok

Bangkok Aug 22, 2015 at 11:33 AM

Hi All,

I am planning to travel alone to Bangkok for a 6 day tour. Mostly in September end,

My main motive is to change weather, explore city, watch English movies and yea sure some time in night clubs/paid sex or massages.

How much money should i carry with me to afford hotels, food and visit above places?

Please note I am not looking forward to stay in very expensive hotels & I am not an alcoholic....

Secondly. I have an Indian passport, so Do i get tourist visa on Arrival? Or should i get a visa in advance?

Please advise & Thanks in Advance.

8 Answers Aug 23, 2015 at 6:05 PM
    • Air hubs- Bkk-Europe

Bangkok Aug 18, 2015 at 7:30 AM

Which European city has the best/ cheaper airfare between BKK and European in 2015?
      I usually fly there from NY but this time I'm in central europe/istanbul region.
      Which airline and from which city?
      Thanks!

4 Answers Aug 21, 2015 at 1:54 PM
    • Is Bangkok save?

Bangkok Aug 17, 2015 at 9:21 AM

I bought plane tickets to bangkok which arrive on 20th august and will be staying in Lemon Tea Hotel where the booming of the four faced Buddha occur nearby around 2.5km.

Just wondering is it save to go there now.

13 Answers Aug 21, 2015 at 2:52 AM
    • i have heard about scams in bkk and pattaya

Bangkok Aug 8, 2015 at 3:41 PM

as i am travelling and i have about lot of scams in bars discos jetkis tuk tuk taxi and several other scams??is it safe to travel alone??and is there any advices that i can make it assure to keep myself safe??i will apprecaite any good advices...thank u

7 Answers Aug 12, 2015 at 7:40 PM
    • is 27,000 baht enough for 7 days in bkk nd pattaya?

Bangkok Aug 8, 2015 at 5:20 AM

i am ravelling to thailand after 2 days and this is my 1st trip and i am travelling alone..will 27,000 baht enough for 4 nights in bkk and 3 nights in pattaya??i m not a regular drinker or fond of paid sex..i jst want to have some tours and sightseeying...will it b enough??thank u

16 Answers Aug 20, 2015 at 9:18 AM
    • Taxi from Nakhon Pathom to Bangkok?

Nakhon Pathom Jul 31, 2015 at 6:47 AM

Is it easy to find and book a taxi from Nakhon Pathom to Bangkok?
      Also how much should I expect to pay?
      Thank you

1 Answer Aug 2, 2015 at 7:40 PM
    • bulldogtwo's Profile Photo

River trip, river life

Bangkok Jul 30, 2015 at 11:42 PM

Wondering if anyone has experienced a river trip, probably from Bangkok to maybe north to Ayutthaya. I am not talking about the river cruises, which go to the same place. I am talking long tail, 2-3-4 day event. stop and stay along the way and back again. Hot all the places and markets, side trips etc...
      Anyone ever done anything like this??? One of the big reasons I have not done this yet is all I can find are the expensive, touristy river cruises. That does not appeal to us at all. Been going to Thailand for over 35 years and it's about time I explored the river and it's many tributaries, like the old Thailand used to be.

2 Answers Aug 1, 2015 at 8:31 PM
    • mickey.p's Profile Photo

Which Night Market and Fanta in a BAG????

Bangkok Jul 24, 2015 at 10:18 PM

Final question of the holiday!

Which night Market is the best - we did the extremely touristy Khao San Road and today we are doing MBK, we would like something "markety" though - close to the Chiang Mai Night Market type thing - maybe not so touristy!

Also the 2 boys who are dragging me on a Hang Over sightseeing tour (self guided) want to know where they can get fanta in a bag? I have googled and cannot get clear answers - although lots of places suggest it is well known and done everywhere - 3 weeks in Thailand tells me a different story as we just haven't seen it at all.!

2 Answers Jul 25, 2015 at 6:07 PM

Any feedback and/or suggestions!

Bangkok Jul 22, 2015 at 10:53 AM

We are on the final leg of our multi centre Thailand stay - we have 4 full days here and plan to do Ayutthaya on 1 day - currently looking at whether or not a private driver would be better than 5 people paying for a tour!

We were considering doing the River Kwai tour but have read mixed reviews and my other half isn't a fan of tours after a few that were very rushed and over commercial in Phuket - is it worth it? My son and his friend (both 16) are probably going to a theme park with my sister if we do River Kwai.

My sister lived in Bangkok for 8 months and has flown from Aus to meet us, she has done the temples multiple times and we are mostly templed out after doing lots in Krabi, Chiang Mai and Phuket - which main temples etc would you still suggest?

Floating Market - where do you suggest? Tour or independent?

Finally, we LOVED the Chiang Mai Night Market - which are the best places to visit that could be similar?

Oh and my son is looking for where the Hangover was filmed - any ideas?

15 Answers Jul 29, 2015 at 8:37 PM
    • Bangkok and Phuket Visit

Bangkok Jul 20, 2015 at 12:20 AM

HI,

We are going to visit Thailand after just 3 days with family. This will be our first visit to Thailand.

We will stay in Bangkok, Pataya and Phuket - 2 days in Phuket and 4 days in Bangkok.

1. Pls. let us know what are the tourist attraction places in in Bangkok (Other than Temple)?

2. Would you pls. let us know the reasonable price market / shopping centers in Bangkok for shopping?

3. What are the tourist places to visit in Phuket (Other than Temple)?

4. Is there any tourist place to visit in Pataya other than beach?

Thanking you

6 Answers Jul 21, 2015 at 3:18 AM
    • Police scam and harassing

Bangkok Jul 13, 2015 at 10:44 AM

Hallo,
      We are a married couple and we have visited Thailand many times. We are quiet persons, we don't drink, don't smoke, we have never used drugs. We are going to travel to Thailand again on August 2015 but we have read about police scams, tourist harassing, urine tests done on the corner of the road, intimidations with no reason etc. Could anyone tell me if now the situation is better? Do you suggest to skip Bangkok and go directly to Koh Samui? Thank you for your answers.

8 Answers Jul 14, 2015 at 7:43 PM
    • City Bus Frequency

Bangkok Jul 4, 2015 at 6:23 PM

What is the frequency of city bus 59? I will be travelling from Don Muaeng Airport to Khao San Road.

5 Answers Jul 11, 2015 at 8:35 PM
    • All day driver

Bangkok Jul 4, 2015 at 10:39 AM

Can anybody recommend a driver for Bangkok. I am looking for driver to pick me up from my
      hotel in bangkok at 10am on August 7, drive me to jesada technik
      museum, then to the HTMS Maeklong at Chulachomklao Fort and then to
      the airport to arrive at around 5pm. Can you also suggest how much this should cost?

Thanks
      Bevan

3 Answers Jul 5, 2015 at 1:39 PM
    • Points of interest

Bangkok Jul 1, 2015 at 10:30 AM

I'm going to be in Bangkok for 1 evening and leave the following day at 8pm what are some points of interest?

7 Answers Jul 3, 2015 at 6:36 PM

Airport Hotel?

Bangkok Jun 29, 2015 at 1:31 AM

Hi, we land in BKK airport at 00.55 and our connecting domestic flight isn't until 09.20, so we have 8+ hours to kill after a flight from Dubai. I assume it'll be an hour collecting our bags and then we need 2 hours for check in for the next flight. Can anyone suggest an airport hotel that is close, reasonable and has rooms for 4?

We are travelling with 2 teens that are mostly considered adults, I normally don't mind paying for this but for just 5 hours - it seems silly to book 2 rooms.

I'm a travel agent and we get agents rates at the Novotel Airport Hotel, however even with discount it is £100.00 and only has 3 beds, "children" must use existing bedding - they are 5' 10" and 6' 3" and combined around 400lb so bed sharing isn't really an option!

So just need a suggestion for a close hotel as it's not worth travelling for the time we are there!

3 Answers Jun 29, 2015 at 9:23 AM
    • Naaas's Profile Photo

Travel fro Rayong to Koh samui

Rayong Jun 25, 2015 at 12:17 AM

hi,
      can some one help me with an answer , i want to travel by boat from Rayong to Koh Samui ,
      what is the nearest port name, and how much it cost ?
      and how many hour the trip takes ?

thanks

1 Answer Jun 25, 2015 at 12:39 AM
    • Don Mueng to Suvarnabhumi airport

Bangkok Jun 24, 2015 at 5:38 AM

Will there be any public transport (bus, to be exat!) around 3 - 4 am between the airports? How much is the taxi ride?

6 Answers Jun 28, 2015 at 7:05 PM
    • Travelling to Bangkok

Bangkok Jun 20, 2015 at 8:26 AM

With the first outbreak of MERS in Bangkok, will it be safe to travel to Bangkok in September?

7 Answers Jun 21, 2015 at 8:12 PM
    • FOOD places

Pattaya Jun 9, 2015 at 2:35 AM

hi ,
      can you help me out with vegitarian restraunts near walking street Pattaya ?.

2 Answers Jun 9, 2015 at 4:02 AM
    • Suggestion for transport from Hua Hin city centre to Santorini Park & Swiss Sheep Farm

Hua Hin Jun 4, 2015 at 8:59 AM

Is it any public transport that can used for travel from Hua Hin city to Santorini Park & Swiss Sheep Farm and how much is it? If not, by using taxi, how much is the range of the taxi fare?

1 Answer Aug 17, 2015 at 5:20 PM
    • Jim Thompson SHIRTS

Bangkok Jun 3, 2015 at 5:58 AM

Where can I buy Jim Thompson shirts? I need them to be shipped to Dubai - UAE. I have sent email directly to Jim Thompson company and no response as yet. Please let me know asap. Thank you.

3 Answers Jun 4, 2015 at 8:09 PM
    • sheherezad's Profile Photo

Weather in June

Hua Hin Jun 2, 2015 at 3:32 AM

Does it tend to be wet or dry over the first few weeks of June? Is Hua Hin affected by the NE or SW Monsoon? Appreciate any other weather-related advice e.g heat and humidity at this time of year. Thank you.

5 Answers Aug 17, 2015 at 5:20 PM
    • Money exchange in Koh Samet in Thailand

Ko Samet Jun 2, 2015 at 2:31 AM

Can you change money there? Or do i take cash with me? Are there any bank automats?

1 Answer Jun 2, 2015 at 8:32 AM
    • lawrenang's Profile Photo

Convert V8 to CD

Bangkok May 31, 2015 at 8:12 AM

Is there any shop that i can convert V8 to CD in Bangkok?

5 Answers Jun 23, 2015 at 5:31 PM
    • how to plan my trip to phuket

Bangkok May 31, 2015 at 7:38 AM

I intend to visit Bangkok, Phuket and Karabi. I am planning my trip from 14th Aug to 21 Aug'15 from New Delhi, India.
      Please suggest me about the weather conditions at this time in Phuket etc. Is it the right time to visit. Which flights should I take from Delhi. Where to stay in Bangkok and Phuket. Please, suggest itinerary which will be most economical. Thanks.

2 Answers Jun 7, 2015 at 7:19 PM
    • How much time do I need in Suvarnabhumi for a domestic flight transition?

Bangkok May 28, 2015 at 11:23 AM

Hello Friends,
      I'm planning to fly from Koh Samui to Chiang Mai with Bangkok Airways. There will be one stop in BKK. Then, I'll continue with the same company to Chiang Mai. How much time do I need to have in BKK for transition to catch the flight to Chiang Mai? And does the company transfer my luggage to the second flight or shoul I take & transfer it?
      Thanks

4 Answers Jun 5, 2015 at 10:35 AM