Central & Eastern Thailand

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• taxi fare to go swiss sheep farm+santorini park + plearn wan from hua hin

Hua Hin Yesterday

hi would like to know how much taxi fare to go swiss sheep farm+santorini park + plearn wan from hua hin.

more
    • Is chatuchak market open everyday ?

Bangkok 23 hours ago

I wanted to know if chatuchak is open all the days (Mon-Sun) . As I'm reaching Bangkok on this Monday and I don't wanna miss that market . Thanks

more
    • Smaney5's Profile Photo

Thai travel vaccination clinic recommendation?

Bangkok Apr 26, 2015 at 10:38 AM

Has anyone been to the Thai travel clinic to get shots? I'm looking to get my typhoid shot, and this seems like the cheapest yet most reliable place to get it. If you haven't been there, have you been somewhere else that you could recommend ? Tia

more
    • Gulliver's Tavern: A new pub on Sukhumvit

Bangkok Apr 15, 2015 at 7:29 AM

I m going to bangkok for the 1st time as a solo traveler. Can I go to Gulliver's tavern ? Will I be welcomed there as an Indian?

more
    • sunbed prices

Hua Hin May 3, 2015 at 6:14 AM

What are average sunbed prices on the Hua Hin beach during high season (december)? I don't like to pay 2 or 3 times more than usual (I had bad experience in Vietnam). Thank you for your advice!

more
    • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Second hand record stores in Bangkok

Bangkok 17 hours ago

Can anybody confirm there still are second hand record stores in operation at Charoen Krung Soi 9 and Soi 11
      (for what I see these are smaller shopping streets perpendicular to the Charoen Krung Road).

Thanks in advance,

PJ

more
    • sjumani's Profile Photo

Bus from Suvarnabhumi to Khaosan at night

Bangkok Apr 6, 2015 at 6:21 PM

I'll arrive at 12:30 am. Is it possible to take the bus to somewhere close to Khaosan road at this late hours? I'm guessing taxi would be too expensive from the airport at night

more
    • oxta's Profile Photo

Best Transport from Don Mueang - Chatuchak Market-Khaosan road

Bangkok May 3, 2015 at 9:19 AM

Hi, everyone. I will arrive at Don Mueang on Tues about 11.00 am Bangkok time.
      After that I want to go to Chatuchak Weekend Market.
      What's the best transport (the most efficient for time and price) to go there?
      Also, after that I will go to Khaosan Road, a place where I'll stay.
      Please advise me transportation for Don Mueang-Chatuchak-Khaosan.
      Many thanks!

more
    • Sai Yok Yai Falls

Kanchanaburi Apr 14, 2015 at 9:38 AM

I'm planning to go to Kanchanaburi and I would like to do the Death Railway + Golden Buddha - Krasae Cave + Sai Yok Nai falls + Sai Yok Yai Falls (stay one night at raft house + bamboo rafting) without a tour!

Does anyone know what would be the best route to take?
      - arriving Kanchanaburi, next day do the death railway + Golden Buddha - Krasae Cave + Sai Yok Nai falls + return for 1 more night in Kanchanaburi and next day go to Sai Yok Yai Falls (stay one night at raft house + bamboo rafting)
      OR
      - one night in Kanchanaburi next day death railway + Golden Buddha - Krasae Cave + Sai Yok Nai falls and continue to Sai Yok Yai Falls (stay one night at raft house + bamboo rafting)

Also: is there conections between the two falls? and anyone know how long does it take from Sai Yok Yai to Bangkok?

Thanks!!

more
    • booking hotels now or waiting until in Thailand?

Bangkok Apr 26, 2015 at 1:22 PM

My husband and I will be arriving and leaving from Bangkok (12/20/15-1/2/16). We would like to also visit Angkor Wat and Ko Samui. We are on a budget. My husband is comfortable booking a couple of nights in Bangkok and then just playing it by ear. My concern is that we are traveling during the busy season and that we will have difficulty finding decent (and cost friendly) places to stay unless we book in advance. What do you recommend?

more
    • windDirection's Profile Photo

Itinerary for Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam from Bangkok

Bangkok Apr 27, 2015 at 12:53 PM

travelling to Bangkok Mid of June, I don't know where to start but I would like to go to Cambodia (Phnom Phen) from Bangkok, then to Laos (not sure where to in Laos yet) and from Laos  to Hanoi Vietnam I'd like to spend 4 days each and back to Bangkok. Highly appreciate itinerary and transportation recommendations about 10 -15 days travel. Thanks

more

Cheap reliable websites to purchase bus/train/flights

Bangkok Apr 23, 2015 at 10:13 AM

What are some good reputable websites to purchase bus tickets, train rides, and airline tickets? Tia

more
    • oxta's Profile Photo

Tour to Angkor Wat from Bangkok

Bangkok Apr 16, 2015 at 3:19 AM

Hi, I am from Indonesia. This is my first trip to Bangkok.
      I want to arrange trip to Angkor Wat on May 6th with my friend. So, it's only both of us.
      Since I can't speak Thai, I feel worry If I am not accompanied by tour guide.
      Could anyone please advise me if there are any tour to angkor wat (from bangkok) i can join with?
      I was look on http://www.thailandtourscenter.com/ but I think the price is too much.....
      Otherwise, if I can't join any tour perhaps anyone could advise me where I can find a tour guide from Bangkok (English/Bahasa Indonesia speaking)

more

Cheapest food options

Bangkok Apr 6, 2015 at 10:20 AM

What would be the cheapest way to eat while in Bangkok? I'm looking for things that are less than 30 baht per meal. Would it be better to shop at markets and buying bulkier foods(fruits,veggies,& meats)? Or purchase smaller meals from street vendors? I need the absolute cheapest options. If you list some of the cheapest food and the prices I would appreciate it, I'm not a picky eater at all. Thanks in advance.

more
    • oxta's Profile Photo

Best Transport from Don Mueang - Chatuchak Market-Khaosan road

Bangkok May 3, 2015 at 9:19 AM

Hi, everyone. I will arrive at Don Mueang on Tues about 11.00 am Bangkok time.
      After that I want to go to Chatuchak Weekend Market.
      What's the best transport (the most efficient for time and price) to go there?
      Also, after that I will go to Khaosan Road, a place where I'll stay.
      Please advise me transportation for Don Mueang-Chatuchak-Khaosan.
      Many thanks!

9 Answers May 3, 2015 at 11:32 PM
    • sunbed prices

Hua Hin May 3, 2015 at 6:14 AM

What are average sunbed prices on the Hua Hin beach during high season (december)? I don't like to pay 2 or 3 times more than usual (I had bad experience in Vietnam). Thank you for your advice!

3 Answers May 3, 2015 at 6:16 PM
    • windDirection's Profile Photo

Itinerary for Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam from Bangkok

Bangkok Apr 27, 2015 at 12:53 PM

travelling to Bangkok Mid of June, I don't know where to start but I would like to go to Cambodia (Phnom Phen) from Bangkok, then to Laos (not sure where to in Laos yet) and from Laos  to Hanoi Vietnam I'd like to spend 4 days each and back to Bangkok. Highly appreciate itinerary and transportation recommendations about 10 -15 days travel. Thanks

13 Answers May 1, 2015 at 5:06 AM
    • booking hotels now or waiting until in Thailand?

Bangkok Apr 26, 2015 at 1:22 PM

My husband and I will be arriving and leaving from Bangkok (12/20/15-1/2/16). We would like to also visit Angkor Wat and Ko Samui. We are on a budget. My husband is comfortable booking a couple of nights in Bangkok and then just playing it by ear. My concern is that we are traveling during the busy season and that we will have difficulty finding decent (and cost friendly) places to stay unless we book in advance. What do you recommend?

11 Answers Apr 29, 2015 at 5:56 AM

Thai travel vaccination clinic recommendation?

Bangkok Apr 26, 2015 at 10:38 AM

Has anyone been to the Thai travel clinic to get shots? I'm looking to get my typhoid shot, and this seems like the cheapest yet most reliable place to get it. If you haven't been there, have you been somewhere else that you could recommend ? Tia

3 Answers Apr 28, 2015 at 3:17 AM

Cheap reliable websites to purchase bus/train/flights

Bangkok Apr 23, 2015 at 10:13 AM

What are some good reputable websites to purchase bus tickets, train rides, and airline tickets? Tia

15 Answers Apr 26, 2015 at 11:35 AM
    • oxta's Profile Photo

Tour to Angkor Wat from Bangkok

Bangkok Apr 16, 2015 at 3:19 AM

Hi, I am from Indonesia. This is my first trip to Bangkok.
      I want to arrange trip to Angkor Wat on May 6th with my friend. So, it's only both of us.
      Since I can't speak Thai, I feel worry If I am not accompanied by tour guide.
      Could anyone please advise me if there are any tour to angkor wat (from bangkok) i can join with?
      I was look on http://www.thailandtourscenter.com/ but I think the price is too much.....
      Otherwise, if I can't join any tour perhaps anyone could advise me where I can find a tour guide from Bangkok (English/Bahasa Indonesia speaking)

16 Answers Apr 23, 2015 at 1:26 AM
    • Gulliver's Tavern: A new pub on Sukhumvit

Bangkok Apr 15, 2015 at 7:29 AM

I m going to bangkok for the 1st time as a solo traveler. Can I go to Gulliver's tavern ? Will I be welcomed there as an Indian?

3 Answers Apr 25, 2015 at 9:29 AM
    • Sai Yok Yai Falls

Kanchanaburi Apr 14, 2015 at 9:38 AM

I'm planning to go to Kanchanaburi and I would like to do the Death Railway + Golden Buddha - Krasae Cave + Sai Yok Nai falls + Sai Yok Yai Falls (stay one night at raft house + bamboo rafting) without a tour!

Does anyone know what would be the best route to take?
      - arriving Kanchanaburi, next day do the death railway + Golden Buddha - Krasae Cave + Sai Yok Nai falls + return for 1 more night in Kanchanaburi and next day go to Sai Yok Yai Falls (stay one night at raft house + bamboo rafting)
      OR
      - one night in Kanchanaburi next day death railway + Golden Buddha - Krasae Cave + Sai Yok Nai falls and continue to Sai Yok Yai Falls (stay one night at raft house + bamboo rafting)

Also: is there conections between the two falls? and anyone know how long does it take from Sai Yok Yai to Bangkok?

Thanks!!

9 Answers Apr 16, 2015 at 4:35 AM
    • sjumani's Profile Photo

Bus from Suvarnabhumi to Khaosan at night

Bangkok Apr 6, 2015 at 6:21 PM

I'll arrive at 12:30 am. Is it possible to take the bus to somewhere close to Khaosan road at this late hours? I'm guessing taxi would be too expensive from the airport at night

7 Answers Apr 7, 2015 at 6:36 PM

Cheapest food options

Bangkok Apr 6, 2015 at 10:20 AM

What would be the cheapest way to eat while in Bangkok? I'm looking for things that are less than 30 baht per meal. Would it be better to shop at markets and buying bulkier foods(fruits,veggies,& meats)? Or purchase smaller meals from street vendors? I need the absolute cheapest options. If you list some of the cheapest food and the prices I would appreciate it, I'm not a picky eater at all. Thanks in advance.

34 Answers Apr 15, 2015 at 2:57 PM
    • the___gecko's Profile Photo

exchange cambodian riels

Bangkok Apr 2, 2015 at 5:55 AM

does anyone know if anywhere in bangkok exchanges cambodian riels? i didnt do it at the border cause the thieving cambodians were gunna wack me 25%

cheers

4 Answers Apr 2, 2015 at 6:52 PM
    • Street photography in Bangkok.

Bangkok Mar 26, 2015 at 9:18 PM

Hello I am planning on spending 4 or 5 days May (7-10) in Bangkok taking pictures of people, culture and the goings on of the streets. I went to China Town before and really enjoyed it. I plan to visit it again and have some questions. I was thinking about staying in China Town to cut down on the commute. This way I could stay out at night and not worry about danger. Is this necessary? It seems that China Town is far from other attractions. The other question I have is can you recommend any other places that are very unique to the area, (not really interested in temples). Something that a westerner would never see. Also is there a better area to stay that is centrally located. Unfortunately I am recovering from a bad accident and although I can walk it is still difficult to walk extensively. Basically I do not want to add any extra walking if I do not have to. Thanks for your help.

10 Answers Apr 8, 2015 at 12:28 AM
    • 2 free evenings

Pattaya Mar 24, 2015 at 2:04 AM

Hi,

Wife and self are reaching Pattaya around 4 in the afternoon and have the whole evening free. Could anyone suggest what we can do and the places we can go around to. Also cheap place for dinner for the couple with a bit of adult night if possible. should be safe also.

thnxs

5 Answers Mar 24, 2015 at 5:17 PM
    • SAMSUNG NOTE 3 AND SIM CARD

Bangkok Mar 18, 2015 at 3:27 PM

Hello
      Has anyone had trouble adding a Thailand area SIM card to their Samsung note 3?

Thank you

5 Answers Mar 20, 2015 at 4:28 PM
    • sittingpretty's Profile Photo

best option to get from koh samui to hua hin

Hua Hin Mar 16, 2015 at 4:04 PM

traveling on 5th May from Koh Samui to Hua Hin
      What would be the best option of transport. Cheers.

7 Answers Mar 26, 2015 at 10:09 AM
    • sittingpretty's Profile Photo

How to get to hua hin from koh samui

Hua Hin Mar 16, 2015 at 3:54 PM

Really need to know the best option to get from koh samui to hua hin?  

1 Answer Mar 27, 2015 at 9:38 AM
    • Induc's Profile Photo

Online tickets for Safari World

Bangkok Mar 15, 2015 at 10:21 PM

Hi,
      I find that on line rates for Safari World are quite good at Alex Holidays. (http://www.alexholidays.com/tours/)
      1. Is it safe to book tickets with Alex Holidays using credit card. How reliable is this Company.
      2. What are current Taxi rates from Sukhumvit area to Safari Park. Do we get taxis easily on return journey

Induc

1 Answer Mar 16, 2015 at 7:02 AM
    • 3 day 2 night?

Bangkok Mar 15, 2015 at 7:13 PM

To get most bang for the buck.
      What is the best attractions and sights to see in Bangkok?
      (We will stay at State Tower)
      Historical, markets etc?

9 Answers Apr 23, 2015 at 1:10 PM
    • matjung's Profile Photo

How to travel from Bangkok to Bangpoo?

Bangkok Mar 15, 2015 at 11:30 AM

Hello, I am looking for inspiration, how I can travel with public transport from Bangkok to Bangpoo?

5 Answers Mar 16, 2015 at 5:25 PM

What is the withdraw limit at ATM machines in Bangkok?

Bangkok Mar 15, 2015 at 11:24 AM

Hi all, soon I am visiting Bangkok and I was looking for an up to date website that tells me, what the withdraw limit of ATM machines in Bangkok is.
      How much THB can I get at the average ATM?

6 Answers Mar 16, 2015 at 4:12 PM
    • Which hotel at Pataya beach

Pattaya Mar 15, 2015 at 3:45 AM

hi

I'm going Phuket at the end of March, I am looking for a hotel which is on the Pataya beach and walking distance to night bazar.

Please can someone advise which hotel to go for.

Thank you so much

4 Answers Apr 8, 2015 at 12:04 PM
    • local guide Yekaterinburg

Bangkok Mar 10, 2015 at 7:50 PM

My group will travel to the city of Ekaterinburg in June.
      Help local guide to take me to learn the history and attractions of the city Ekaterinburg my group has 4 members.
      thank you very much

2 Answers Mar 26, 2015 at 10:09 AM
    • Induc's Profile Photo

Safari World travel

Bangkok Mar 10, 2015 at 6:27 PM

We are a group of five people. If we book a tour of Safari world, then Lunch is invariably included. I would like to know

1. Do they serve vegetarian food also in Safari World Restaurant.

2. If we buy only tickets, then travel option is not included. What are travel options. Can we take a Taxi to drop us there. Will it be possible to get a Taxi back in the evening.

3 If we take whole day Taxi, then can we use it to drive through the Safari Park 4. Are there any tourist buses from Bangkok to Safari World and back

Induc

1 Answer Mar 11, 2015 at 6:16 AM

What is the fair value for a private guided city tour of Bangkok

Bangkok Mar 9, 2015 at 1:44 PM

Hello, I am a first time visitor of Bangkok.
      I am going to explore the city for at least a day before I travel to the north.
      I consider suporting the local economy by using the services of a local tourist guide or local travel company.
      I have received a wide range of private offers for a 8 to 10 hours tour of Bangkok.
      If I paid only 10 to 20 USD I had the impression the offer is a scam, or it is too less.
      For 70 or 80 Dollars I feel like paying too much.
      My current thinking is, ask for the hourly income of a shop assistant, multiply this amout with 2 or 3 and the duration of the tour. That will be my budget.
      Could that be a fair approach?

7 Answers Apr 28, 2015 at 6:31 PM
    • axwell's Profile Photo

Myanmar visa

Bangkok Mar 8, 2015 at 1:45 PM

I know the opening hours of the Myanmar embassy for visa application but can anyone tell me if the Embassy visa section is open on Saturday?

4 Answers Mar 8, 2015 at 2:27 PM
    • stamoz's Profile Photo

train from Bangkok to Nong-Khai

Bangkok Mar 5, 2015 at 11:19 AM

hello everyone,

I kindly ask for suggestions and if it's possible to get to Laos by train from Bkk. I heard you must cross border at Nong Khai via tha-lao firendship bridge to get to Vientiane. Also I'd like to know how to move around once I cross the border. Thank you

5 Answers Apr 28, 2015 at 6:33 PM
    • shakakthar's Profile Photo

bangkok to kanchanaburi

Kanchanaburi Mar 4, 2015 at 10:13 PM

planning to take early morning bus to kanchanaburi from bangkok south terminal bus station on SATURDAY / SUNDAY
      my queries are
      1. i heared there are frequent buses to this destination....is this frequency same on weekends like saturday and sunday?? will the buses be crowded in weekends
      2. planning my trip in mid april... iam doubtful of seeing a decent waterfall in erawan national park during this peak summer....has anyone visited this waterfall in april ....how will be the falls be at this time??
      thanks ....

3 Answers Mar 26, 2015 at 10:09 AM
    • mickey.p's Profile Photo

Where to stay, what to do and weather in July?

Bangkok Feb 28, 2015 at 5:28 PM

I am looking at 3-4 nights in Bangkok in July with my partner and teenage son.

Any suggestions on areas to stay with easy access to transport and western eateries (Autistic son will not eat non western food!).

We are more than happy with Ibis, Holiday Inn type chains but open to alternatives too. I have booked the Rembradt many times but I am trying to keep costs down without cost to standard.

Any suggestions on what to do would also be great - we have temples, floating market on the list and it has been suggested that we do the River Kwai trip too, oh and a Tiger Temple but I know nothing of this.

We love to shop and explore cultures, happy to take our son to see ladyboys etc - we are very open minded and don't hide him from the world.

6 Answers Mar 24, 2015 at 6:55 PM
    • 3 days at Bangkok - advice

Bangkok Feb 28, 2015 at 8:08 AM

Hi , I am travelling to Bangkok from Singapore for couple of days arriving BKK on 25 th March and returning back to Dubai on 28 th 3 pm. I will reach BKK around 2 pm and expected to be out by 3 -3.30 and planning to catch a city line raillink from airport and then the bts Sky train to ploen chit to my hotel Majestic grande. Next day I am planning the Temple trips in the morning.
      1.Please advice the best time and way to go to the temple? Nana to silom to takin and then river appears to be the best from the various answers in the site?
      2. How long it will take to cover the temples and grand palace?
      3. what else I can do on that day ? Or the temple hoping and palace itself is too much for a day?
      4 any advice for the next day I e 27 th Marching Bangkok or for a short side trip? No pan to tiger temple or ayuthaya anyway, but like to go floating market if it's not just a touristy thing and possible.
      5 on 28 th March , I am flying back to dubai by 3 pm flight. Being a Saturday how early I should start from sukhumvit hotel and what is the best mode of transportation to airport ? Same bts+ city lane or taxi?
      I am a solo traveller.

Thanks,

Jarim

11 Answers Mar 21, 2015 at 9:09 AM