Central Croatia Travel Answers

change location

need to chose one place to visit

by Oksanka Online Now Dec 13, 2006 at 7:04 AM

Greetings to everyone :)

I need to take difficult decision and to choose one place in central Croatia to visit at the evening. At the 1st of Jan at about 5-6 p.m. we (group of youth) are leaving from Zagreb in Hugarian direction, and for evening I want to take as to some nice city in Zagreb region.
Now I’m thinking between Karlovec and Virazdin… Virazdin is on our way to Hungary but we could make little circle and visit Karlowec, its looks just 50km from Zagreb. I understand that both city worth to be seen but perhaps you could recomend me something and make my decision easier :). Besides perhaps there is some third choice? Some other city or nice castles in radius 50 km from Zabreb will be interesting for us as well.

Looking for you advices :). Some useful links and photos are also welcomed :).

Thanks in forward

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • diocletianvs's Profile Photo

RE: need to chose one place to visit

by diocletianvs Online Now Dec 13, 2006 at 9:55 PM

Varazdin is nicer and more picturesque and it is on your way to Hungary. Seems like the best choice for you. (In January 5pm is already dark, so you will only see it at night). Varazdin castle is located right in the middle of town, and it has an interesting museum display so it's definitely worth a visit (but check the opening times first if you're counting on this).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: RE: need to chose one place to visit

by Oksanka Online Now Dec 18, 2006 at 1:03 AM

Thanks for advise. Think we'll do so:)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Central Croatia Travel Answer Locations