Celaya Travel Answers

change location

Cost of Living in Celaya

by hybridbackman Online Now Feb 16, 2004 at 7:29 AM

My girlfriend is originally from Celaya. She is getting ready to return to Celaya for 3 or 4 months and I need to know how much money (U.S. Dollars) she will need while she is there. She will be returning with her 2 year old son, so I guess I need to know the basic costs of, diapers, milk, taxis, buses, food, etc... She has housing, so no rent will be involved, just basic day to day living. If someone can help, I will be eternally grateful. Thanks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • jgrchara's Profile Photo

Re: Cost of Living in Celaya

by jgrchara Online Now Feb 18, 2004 at 7:48 PM

Diapers cost almost the same as in he US unless you buy the really cheap ones, but then they leak all over. I can't give you exact prices of buses and taxis, but they are pretty cheap. Where we go in Michoacan, a taxi ride that is about 4 miles costs 30 pesos, ($3.00 US). Beef is almost as expensive as in the US, but vegetables and fruit are cheaper. If she doesn't have to pay for housing, and doesn't go out site seeing too much she could probably do ok with400-$500 dollars a month. She could probably get away with a lot less if she has to, but it is nice to be able to buy a few extras or in case her son gets sick and she has to take him to the doctor.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines