Cefalonia Island Travel Answers

change location

Spartia Area

by Ash266 Online Now Jul 5, 2005 at 7:53 AM

I am staying in this area in late August. Can anybody tell me what to expect in the way of bars, resaurants, shops etc. We are staying in self catering accommodation with 3 kids.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Gerasimos's Profile Photo

RE: Spartia Area

by Gerasimos Online Now Jul 8, 2005 at 3:05 AM

Hi, regarding your question I have to suggest to take a glance at: The Way To Go On Kefalonia, or Kefalonianet.gr, or Justkefalonia.co.uk, or myKefalonia.com, or Kefalonitis.com.gr.
    I wish you to have a nice trip. It is realy a great place!
    Gerasimos

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Spartia Area

by prawnysmum Online Now May 26, 2006 at 6:18 AM

Hi - we stayed at Panas Hotel in Spartia Sept 02 and although the hotel was lovely, there wasn't really anything to do in Spartia. Panas is at the bottom of a big hill and the 2-3 tavernas were 2 miles away, at the top of the hill. There was a swanky restaurant near Panas but it wasn't open very regularly (although we were out of season to be fair). We went for a fortnight and having sworn that we couldn't possibly drive on the 'wrong' side of the road, we compelled to hire a car so we could get out and about. There was a daily bus from Spartia (2 miles from Panas) but it left at 7am. I expect that Spartia has developed some in the past 4 years and I hope that there is more for you to do. Kefalonia is a special place and I hope I'm not putting you off by this - I just wish that I had known what to expect of Spartia before we went!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Cefalonia Island