change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travelling around cebu and surrounding islands

by Mozee Online Now Mar 20, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Hello

I'm looking for little bit of advice. I will be landing in Cebu with 10 days in area of holiday time. I would like to visit the surrounding islands. Obviously I realize keeping it to Cebu, Bohol and maybe one more would probably be best.

My only issue is that I don't know how to go about it in terms of time in each place and where I should spend most of my time and what I should ditch completely

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

more
    • Travelling around cebu and surrounding islands

by Mozee Online Now Mar 20, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Hello

I'm looking for little bit of advice. I will be landing in Cebu with 10 days in area of holiday time. I would like to visit the surrounding islands. Obviously I realize keeping it to Cebu, Bohol and maybe one more would probably be best.

My only issue is that I don't know how to go about it in terms of time in each place and where I should spend most of my time and what I should ditch completely

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

6 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 9:47 PM
    • heydelin's Profile Photo

What to in Cebu

by heydelin Online Now Jan 3, 2014 at 7:49 PM

From Puerto Princesa, me and my boyfriend are flying to Cebu spending 3 days there. I know that most places were badly hit by typhoon Yolanda. Do you have any itinerary in mind? I would like my boyfriend to see whale sharks and Oslob but could not find any hotel or resort near the are. Help please!

Happy new year!

Haydee

7 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 1:06 AM
    • JohnMounfield's Profile Photo

3 months touring the Cebu islands

by JohnMounfield Online Now Dec 16, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I am researching the possibility of travelling to the Philipines in January 2013. I really need to spend some time to escape the Canadian winter and unwind in the sun. I am interested in all water sports including learning how to sail.
      I have never been to the Philipines so I need some help in choosing which area to go to. Im not interested in night clubs etc, just looking for a quiet, peaceful small town feel.
      Any help would be appreciated

11 Answers Dec 18, 2013 at 1:37 AM
    • jenny23's Profile Photo

Local Cebu Driver/snorkeling /fishing contact

by jenny23 Online Now Jun 19, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Please forward me if you have a reliable and reasonable contact from the above. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 kids , The last time I went with my hubby, we went out to the sea in one of those "crab-like" boat, the locals barbecue fish, prawns, chicken and caught fresh sea urchins for us to savour on board. I lost the contact when my phone went berserk..

2 Answers Oct 3, 2013 at 7:31 PM
    • maribeldizon's Profile Photo

Best island with white sand to go swimming

by maribeldizon Online Now Nov 23, 2012 at 1:29 AM

We were in Bantayan Cebu early this month. We are going back on Jan 13-16. Will stay in Cebu City on the 13th and plan to visit an island with white sand shore. we are not divers so would prefer a beach to swim and sunbathe. hope you can help us! thanks!

5 Answers Dec 9, 2012 at 1:15 AM
    • autumn918's Profile Photo

How to get to Santander

by autumn918 Online Now Aug 22, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Hi,

I would like to know how to get to Santander from Cebu city.
      Btw, which parts of Cebu islands do you guys recommend?
      Have anyone been to Santander?

Cheers,
      Rebekah

9 Answers Aug 15, 2013 at 10:23 PM
    • nicrastaman's Profile Photo

Where to stay???

by nicrastaman Online Now Mar 5, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I am having problem looking for a good place/hotel/resort yet reasonable price in Cebu...Any suggestion where to go? Me my wife and 2yr old kid + the nanny will be landing on March 21 (prob 9pm).

Any suggestions and assistance will be appreciated.

And do you know any reggae bar where me and my wife can hang out?

6 Answers May 3, 2012 at 6:08 PM
    • afif999's Profile Photo

accommodation in cebu

by afif999 Online Now Dec 30, 2011 at 6:27 PM

hi guys!
      really cant make up my mind on where to stay...too many choices n too many reviews.
      staying just for 2 nights 22-24jan. my budget would be around 50usd /night or cheaper.
      looking for somewhere within walking distance from beach or waterfall, and not too far from airport/ city....
      any suggestion would be really appreciated :)

3 Answers Jan 4, 2012 at 4:27 AM
    • sunnysarah's Profile Photo

Any Plantation Bay tips?

by sunnysarah Online Now Nov 1, 2011 at 1:07 AM

We will be staying 4 days at Plantation Bay with our 3 year old and 10 month old.

I've read the food there isn't great and very expensive (not what I want for my little PICKY EATER!)

Are there any local restaurants close by? What would the taxi fare be?

If we wanted to do a little shopping and browsing is this possible? Are there markets to wander around in? How long of a drive away?

I would love any other tips you have to make our trip more fun!

Thanks

4 Answers Apr 28, 2012 at 5:38 PM
    • jecmac's Profile Photo

Cebu City to Naga

by jecmac Online Now Jun 30, 2011 at 12:51 AM

I'd be going to Cebu next week and would have to do a brief client visit in Naga, Cebu. How do I go to Naga if I'd be coming from Cebu City? How far is it from the city / airport? Would appreciate replies since I can't find any answer from the web. Thanks!

3 Answers Aug 14, 2011 at 11:27 AM
    • sneakersnstilettos's Profile Photo

Two nights, Two days in Cebu

by sneakersnstilettos Online Now Jun 15, 2011 at 6:43 AM

Going to Cebu with friends in September (two nights, two days). Where's the best place to stay, and what are the activities/sights that we shouldn't miss? :)

2 Answers Jun 17, 2011 at 3:50 PM
    • Badian Island in Cebu

by LynVillaluz Online Now Apr 26, 2011 at 2:10 AM

Is it nice here? I saw in www.pakyaw.com.ph that they have a 50% promo for 3 days and 2 night accommodation with breakfast for 2 in a family or junior suite. The pictures are very nice! Have you guys tried staying there?

4 Answers Apr 27, 2011 at 10:17 PM
    • jam_631's Profile Photo

feedback on Hotel de Mercedes

by jam_631 Online Now Apr 20, 2011 at 3:48 AM

Hi! Has anybody stayed at Hotel de Mercedes? I would appreciate feedbacks on this hotel. Thanks in advance.

6 Answers Apr 23, 2011 at 11:58 PM
    • kid's camp

by richelbalayo Online Now Mar 24, 2011 at 3:29 AM

I would like to ask where can we hold a camp for kids...Is there a place here in Cebu that can cater at least 80kids for 3days?

2 Answers Mar 26, 2011 at 8:34 PM
    • huggy93's Profile Photo

Cebu Question

by huggy93 Online Now Jun 13, 2010 at 1:50 AM

Hello everybody, I am thinking of going to Cebu either end of July or maybe the 1st 2 weeks of August 2010. I am told that during this time it will be in the rainy season. Is the rainy season heavy heavy HEAVY rain, or is it light rain perhaps everyday?

Is there anybody who was there July/August 2010? If so how was the weather?
      Can anybody recommend any other islands in Phillipines which are worth a visit?

Thanks for your time

3 Answers Jul 3, 2010 at 7:49 PM
    • hash09's Profile Photo

Cebu Vs Boracay

by hash09 Online Now Oct 26, 2009 at 12:38 AM

I have cancel my first plan which is going to sagada, baguio province. so i've made up my mind and i have made 2 choices on places to go in the philippines. I have give a tought of going to cebu and do some island hopping around the area. but i have seen boracay island and its much more nicer than cebu.. can anyone advice me where is the best place to go also cheap for accommodation.

Im a backpacker and will be goin to thailand in 2 weeks times, however i havent sort on place to stay in manila and the other places i wanted to go. can anyone advice me where is a place to stay in manila for a backpaker also where is the place to stay in cebu or boracay. My budget on accommodation is around USD10-USD20/day I am prefering a room, instead of dorm, if i dont have any choices, then dorm should be fine for me and my friends.

Also, if i would like to go to boracay, what is the cheapest way to get there from manila. i have about 9 or 10 days in the philippines.

thank you

15 Answers May 22, 2010 at 8:08 PM
    • To Cebu, Philippines

by hchinsien Online Now Aug 24, 2009 at 10:24 PM

I'm from Singapore and planning to go to Cebu with my wife for a short budget holiday middle of next month. As this is our first trip ever to The Philippines, I would ge grateful to receive advices on anything about Cebu like where to stay, places of interest, and things to look out for.
      Thank you.

11 Answers Jun 17, 2011 at 3:58 PM
    • Where can i look for old vintage watches?

by elim7459 Online Now Aug 11, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Hello,
      In Cebu Island, where can i look for Vintage Omega Watches.?
      Shopping Centre or town shop that repair and sell watches ?
      Thanks.-eric

• z28's Profile Photo

Hotel/Cottage on/near a nice beach on Cebu-Island

by z28 Online Now Jun 7, 2009 at 11:06 AM

who knows a nice, quied place on/near a nice beach on cebu-island (only on main-island)! i will fly in august, it means i need a room/cottage with cable tv - ‘cause of rainy season:)

tnx a lot

6 Answers Apr 30, 2011 at 5:09 AM
    • ranmcberns's Profile Photo

Cebu Island Hopping

by ranmcberns Online Now May 22, 2009 at 9:41 AM

Where in Cebu I could find the Island Banca for Island hopping?How much is the price?

5 Answers Aug 4, 2009 at 7:35 AM
    • Beach, nightlife

by pounce Online Now Apr 15, 2009 at 4:24 AM

I'm looking for a hotel that is preferrably on the beach but also within 1/2 an hour from the nightlife area. Is there such a place? How long is it from Shangrila to the malls/restaurants/shows? Would the Hilton be closer (in time)?

4 Answers May 22, 2009 at 4:32 PM
    • malmonmd's Profile Photo

Family Vacation...Pls help

by malmonmd Online Now Mar 29, 2009 at 11:32 PM

Hi,

I have booked a flight to Cebu this coming May together with my wife and 4 Children. We will be going to Bohol for 2 nights and 3 days after a day stay in Cebu then back to Cebu for our flight back to Manila the ff day. May i know which ferry/craft to ride to Bohol and where to find them? Can somebody pls help me on where to stay that is accessible to the airport and the Pier to Bohol. A decent clean place that is not so expensive. We will be roaming around the day of our arrival. can you also suggest an itinerary? We would probably roam around on a Taxi. Thanks in advance.

9 Answers Jun 30, 2009 at 8:43 PM
    • izar's Profile Photo

town with nice beach

by izar Online Now Jan 10, 2009 at 11:24 PM

we are plannning to visit Cebu during the Easter vacation. Anyone can recomend a town within 3 hours drive from Cebu city?
      Must be not touristy and with good diving and beaches. Malapascua and what else.....?

3 Answers Jan 28, 2009 at 4:09 PM
    • musiccontempo's Profile Photo

cebu cebu

by musiccontempo Online Now Jan 1, 2009 at 1:12 AM

hi, i and my wife will be coming to cebu, mainly for beach activity.is it raining season on 5th feb to 8th feb?
      what can i do best for 3 days in cebu?
      will walking able to cover area by area or i need to get cab around. is it flat meter or bargain?
      any vt member there wanna meetup over beer or coffee?
      happy happy new year, all brave tru this year!

• enail's Profile Photo

Pension House in Urgello or near SouthWe

by enail Online Now Oct 23, 2008 at 5:24 AM

Hi guyz! Does anyone know a nys pension house near SouthWe? somewhere affordable, clean, with hot and cold shower and cable tv..il be travelling with my family. can you also post the rates?

thanx a lot guyz!

=)

1 Answer Nov 10, 2008 at 10:03 PM
    • Cebu vs Davao

by kyhar Online Now Oct 2, 2008 at 2:32 AM

Hi,

This will be our first time visiting phillipines and i was wondering if we should visit cebu or davao ? What is the major differences between the two ? We love beaches but would also like to do some sightseeing, if possible.

From either cebu or davao, what other places would be recommended ? We are looking at maybe a 10 - 14 days trip.

Thanks

6 Answers Oct 16, 2008 at 5:50 PM
    • Cebu v. Manila

by pounce Online Now Aug 14, 2008 at 3:00 AM

I like big cities and I also like beaches. I guess neither are wanting for nightlife, but what would be better during the day?

3 Answers Oct 16, 2008 at 5:58 PM
    • stscreen's Profile Photo

seawalker

by stscreen Online Now Aug 13, 2008 at 10:08 PM

Hi all,
      any one know about seawalker and where to book and how much,
      i and my family will be stay at plantation bay resort on 25 dec 08.
      thank you very much.

1 Answer Aug 14, 2008 at 4:22 AM
    • Vacation during lenten season!

by aneelf Online Now Jun 18, 2008 at 1:54 AM

I planning to go to Philippines from 15 februari -09 to 5th of mars. Is there celebration whole lenten or just holy week.
      I wonder if there is some problem to find accomodation on the islands like, Bantayan, Malapascua or Bohol.

Thanks
      Nettan

1 Answer Jun 18, 2008 at 2:04 AM
    • knixx25's Profile Photo

Whole Day City Tour?

by knixx25 Online Now Jun 17, 2008 at 5:30 AM

Hi Good Day!!

Anyone knows where to get City Tour for the whole day?
      How much per pax? we're 4 in a group..

Thanks in advance!!

:) NEIL