Travel Answers
Cayo Levantado

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Best things to eat at Bahia Cayo Levantano?

by tomvalhhi Online Now Aug 2, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Hello, We are going to Samana Aug 9-16 and I have read the food is so so at Bahia Cayo Levantano. Does anyone know what the best items to eat there would be to help offset a bad experience?
      Also, Are there any helicopter transfers available from Samana AZS to the Resort?
      I know they offered it when we went to Punta Cana.

• samana to cayo levantado

by aldwek Online Now Oct 10, 2010 at 9:02 AM

i want to go to cayo lavantado for a day when my cruise ship arrives in samana. how can i contact bost or ferry operators that take people between samana and cayo levantado. i prefer not to go on the cruise ship excursion to the island. i have read in meny postings that there are boats operating between samana and cayo levantado.
      thank you

2 Answers Oct 15, 2011 at 9:59 AM
    • How to get from Samana to cayo Levantado

by Rozzdom Online Now Sep 10, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Hi I am taking a cruise on NCL which stops in Samana- is there a beach there or is it better to go to cayo levantado- can one get a boat in samana - we are trying to avoid another 49.00 boat ride that NCL is offering. thanks Rosanne

2 Answers Sep 10, 2009 at 11:58 PM
    • Traveling by cruise ship and need some tips or info.

by Tucsonmike Online Now Mar 22, 2009 at 10:03 PM

I have one day next week by cruise ship to the island of Cayo Levantado in the Dominican Republic.My wife and I want to party and snorkel while there but dont know whats available to us. Should we go to the mainland or is it not an option? Any ideas would be great. Thanks Mike

4 Answers Mar 25, 2009 at 12:23 AM
    • Cruiseone2003's Profile Photo

schedule and things to do.

by Cruiseone2003 Online Now Feb 5, 2008 at 3:30 PM

Hello, I'm coming to Cayo Levantado by Cruise ship around Christmas time I'm wondering if there is a schedule for this boat. I'm looking for something to see and do for the day with my family and 2 nephews ages 8 and 13. Also, are there any places to go to where the locals go? I speak Spanish and like to see what a town is like through the eyes of a local vs tourist. Any companies that have a car with driver?

Thank you,

4 Answers Feb 24, 2008 at 8:43 AM
    • Hotel Occidental

by akl Online Now Jun 29, 2006 at 11:52 AM

Can anyone tell me if this hotel has reopened yet? Last year I heard it was closed. Also, what's the rain/inclement weather pattern like in October? We'd like to visit then, but we know it is still hurricane season....