Cayo Levantado Travel Answers

change location

samana to cayo levantado

by aldwek Online Now Oct 10, 2010 at 9:02 AM

i want to go to cayo lavantado for a day when my cruise ship arrives in samana. how can i contact bost or ferry operators that take people between samana and cayo levantado. i prefer not to go on the cruise ship excursion to the island. i have read in meny postings that there are boats operating between samana and cayo levantado.
thank you
al

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • jonvelas's Profile Photo

Samana to Cayo Levantado Island by boat - Tour NOT bought with Cruise Ship line

by jonvelas Online Now Oct 14, 2011 at 3:26 PM

I believe that it is quite difficult to go to the island on your own.
    Cayo levantado seems to be exclusive to your Cruise Ship coming that same day.

You can find more information at the new website of the town of Samana.

Here is the link :
    gosamana-dominicanrepublic.c...

P.S.: i think there is a small tour operator called "Raymond & Gregory Tours"
    that might be able to arrange something for you.

Enjoy our beautiful Samana !

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • jonvelas's Profile Photo

Samana to Cayo Levantado Island by boat on your own - NOT POSSIBLE

by jonvelas Online Now Oct 15, 2011 at 9:59 AM

I have check this morning with the owners of "Raymond & Gregory Tours" and they told me that it's IMPOSSIBLE for Cruise Ship visitors to go to Cayo Levantado Island on their own.

If you hire a boat to get you there on your own, you will be denied entry at the Island once you get there.

Cayo Levantado Island is EXCLUSIVELY reserved for cruise ship passengers buying their tour through the Cruise Ship on that given day.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines