change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• JamieM_71's Profile Photo

Family-friendly Mirimar hotels.

Havana 7 hours ago

Has anyone traveled to Havana as a family? In particular Mirimar. Many/most hotels are not allowing four to a room. I'm looking for feedback from those who might have spent time in this awesome city. Thanks everyone!

more
    • Drayman151's Profile Photo

Weather in Cuba

Cuba Mar 23, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Hi
      Anyone been to Cuba in June if so your advice on the weather please and what we could expect , thanks

more
    • Nightclubs

Guardalavaca Mar 19, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Is there anywhere you can go dancing in the area?

more
    • Recommended Clubs and Safe Way to Get Back to the Resort??

Varadero Apr 15, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Hi! We're a group of late 20s/early 30s females looking to experience the nightlife in Varadero this weekend. Are there any recommendations for a fun safe club that plays mostly top 40 / usual club music? Also, how easy is it to get a reliable taxi around 2/3 am outside of the clubs? Welcome any tips/advice! Thanks!!

more
    • travel- varadero to Cienfuegos

Cienfuegos Apr 9, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Hi, I wanted to know what the best mode of transportation is to get from Varadero to Cienfuegos. Also keep in mind we are two adults a 9 year old and a 1.5 year old.

Also, is el Nicho suitable to go with the whole family?

Thanks,
      Melisa

more
    • Drayman151's Profile Photo

Weather in Cuba

Cuba Mar 23, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Hi
      Anyone been to Cuba in June if so your advice on the weather please and what we could expect , thanks

more
    • LuluAna's Profile Photo

Casas particulares?

Varadero Apr 10, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Hello Varadero aficionados,

I know that Varadero is rich with resorts, but I was curious to know if anyone was aware of any casa particulares that are in the city. I am not a huge fan of resorts, but I do want to see Varadero because it seems like everyone has gone except for me! :P

If anyone knows of any, or would even recommend one that they stayed at that would be lovely.

Thanks in advance!

Lulu

more
    • travelnut71's Profile Photo

Amenities at cayo Santa Maria memories resort

Cayo Santa María 23 hours ago

Are there safes? Do they cost extra? Do they have a doctor onsite? Is the food safe? I have 2 kids and a pregnant lady coming along. I hear there are many Mosquitos, are they dangerous? How is the ground room floor with terrace? Any bugs? How can I call Canada or someone call me? Do I pay extra in room even if someone calls me? What's the plug I need, voltage . Are there activities and going to city is it complicated?
      Leaving Monday so appreciate the answers.

more
    • zip line and how long how much

Varadero Apr 3, 2014 at 6:47 AM

i was planning a trip to varadero and was wondering if they had a zip line adventure

more
    • medical assistance

Soroa Mar 23, 2014 at 7:54 AM

which hospital would someone be admitted to near soroa as a tourist in a medical emergency

more
    • Expression of Gratitude and Photo Request

Cayo Coco Apr 3, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Cayo Coco was a magical retreat for a city slicker living life with blinders. How do I express my gratitude to those who enriched my stay at the Colonial? I would like to ensure that their managers are aware of the exemplary treatment that I received at many levels....A particular cowboy gentleman with white vinyl hat and horse named Muldalvo took us on a magnificent carriage ride that filled out hearts with smiles. But my battery died and I have no photos capturing this special experience!! Any idea how I might contact his supervisor to convey both my gratitude and to request an on-line photo? Alas, already back to my mundane life in Toronto I long to return to Cayo Coco....

more
    • lucasfashion83's Profile Photo

Going to Cuba

by lucasfashion83 Online Now Aug 15, 2011 at 6:09 AM

Hello people. I am leaving to Cuba next Thursday night. I will be in La Habana for a day and then going to Cayo Largo.
      Is anybody planning on going?
      Regars,

Lucas

• jfly's Profile Photo

Cayo Largo DIY Fishing Ban

by jfly Online Now Apr 5, 2009 at 5:05 AM

There is now a complete Do it Yourself fishing Ban on Cayo Largo.

There have been reports of harassment, equipment confiscation and fines for people caught fishing from shore.

The culprit is the Avalon Fishing Club who has bought exclusive fishing rights to the whole area.

You can fish with them for3000 to5000 for week

Don't go to Cayo Largo if you want to fish for fun

3 Answers Apr 5, 2009 at 3:31 PM
    • Stray Dogs?

by Mel3737 Online Now Jul 23, 2008 at 9:07 PM

I have been to other Caribbean destinations where there are stray dogs, being an animal lover this was hard for me to see and spent my whole vacation feeding them. Being as this is an island i was hoping there would be no stray dogs or at least a lot less. has anyone who has been there seen stray dogs around?

4 Answers Mar 8, 2009 at 2:28 PM
    • lobstop's Profile Photo

Getting there by boat

by lobstop Online Now Sep 17, 2007 at 2:33 AM

Dear all,
      is there another possibility to get to Cayo Largo except by plane from Havana or Varadero? We travel by car during the first week in Cuba and end up in Cienfuegos. We would like to drop the car there and get on a boat to Cayo Largo in order to avoid driving back to Havana and getting on a plane.
      Any ideas? Even Lonely Planet speaks about planes only...
      Thanks and cheers!
      Lob

1 Answer Nov 7, 2010 at 7:09 AM
    • Hotel Sol Pelicano

by roscojoey Online Now Jun 7, 2006 at 2:42 AM

My partner and I stayed at the Hotel Sol Pelicano a few years ago, and really want to return this November on our Honeymoon with our little boy who will be almost 2. I cannot find any Tour Operators that feature this Hotel in the UK. Has anyone got any details on how I can book or contact the Hotel direct. I really need to sort out asap.

Thanks
      Jo

2 Answers Jun 7, 2006 at 2:45 PM
    • how to get there

by ebomar Online Now Mar 26, 2006 at 1:33 AM

how can I get to cayo largo? are there flights leaving from havana or trinidad? hoow much does it cost to get there? is it possible to find casa particular in this island or it's a place only for package tourists? I'm a backpacker. I've only found a few all inclusive hotels on the net, the rates are about 100 CUC a day, too expensive for me.

1 Answer Mar 27, 2006 at 2:57 AM
    • URGENT to find accomodation: no hotels available and overbooked

by Daniele_ Online Now Feb 11, 2006 at 4:24 AM

I got a lastminute flight to go to Cayo largo but I have now realied that all Hotels are fully booked and also overbooked.

How can I find an accomodation? What other alternatives are available?
      Any "easy" beach bungalows?

Thanks a lot!!!

1 Answer Feb 13, 2006 at 1:19 PM
    • Suntanner's Profile Photo

First time

by Suntanner Online Now Jan 15, 2006 at 3:43 PM

We need help. This is our first trip to Cayo Largo and are very excited about going. It sounds great. What should we know about it that will be helpful on our stay? Where is the best place to exchange our currency? It's our 30th Wedding Anniversary trip!!

2 Answers Jan 16, 2006 at 1:21 PM
    • Lost my camera..

by leah123 Online Now May 6, 2004 at 9:42 AM

We were at the Sol Cayo Largo during the week of April 25, 2004 and lost our digital camera (in a white plastic bag in La Marimba Club) on saturday night May 1st... If anyone know anything about this, please contact me and a reward will be given. Or, please just send me the pictures, they are priceless to us.. Thanks.