Cayo Guillermo

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Expression of Gratitude and Photo Request

Cayo Coco Apr 3, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Cayo Coco was a magical retreat for a city slicker living life with blinders. How do I express my gratitude to those who enriched my stay at the Colonial? I would like to ensure that their managers are aware of the exemplary treatment that I received at many levels....A particular cowboy gentleman with white vinyl hat and horse named Muldalvo took us on a magnificent carriage ride that filled out hearts with smiles. But my battery died and I have no photos capturing this special experience!! Any idea how I might contact his supervisor to convey both my gratitude and to request an on-line photo? Alas, already back to my mundane life in Toronto I long to return to Cayo Coco....

more

Near Cayo Guillermo

• Honey_Bea's Profile Photo

Recommended Day Trips

by Honey_Bea Online Now Aug 13, 2012 at 5:01 AM

Hi There,

I am going to Cuba for the first time in December and was wondering if you are able to visit Havana easily. Would you recommend organising before I go or once I get there?

Has anyone gone on the Jeep Safaris?

Do people recommend their "Swimming with Dolphins" programme?

Thanks all.

2 Answers Aug 14, 2012 at 12:01 PM
    • Questions

by Blades85 Online Now May 17, 2011 at 4:05 AM

Hi

We are off to Sol Cayo Guillermo in Jul/Aug (from UK) and wondered what is best currency to take as some websites sat Euros and some dollars, also does the hotel exchange travellers cheques?
      What would be the best gifts to take for staff?
      Can anybody recommend any of the daytrips?

Many Thanks

Rachael

2 Answers May 18, 2011 at 6:46 AM
    • Room Number

by GemJam Online Now Feb 6, 2011 at 7:59 AM

Hi, I travelled to Sol Cayo Guilermo in 2009 and we stayed in the row of ground floor aprtments, which were near the wedding bandstand/cocktail bar/backed on to beach. the back doors looked out to sea, to the left was the wedding bandstand, to the right was the coktail bar - can anyone tell me what the number room is as my parents going to stay and want them to ask for it.

• can i use my visa electron

by jay75 Online Now Jan 19, 2011 at 12:41 PM

hi any 1 know if i can use my visa electron card at the sol cayo guillermo hotel as iam going on sunday

2 Answers Jan 20, 2011 at 10:54 AM
    • price

by staceycooper12345 Online Now Oct 26, 2010 at 8:59 AM

how much is the fishing trip?

• Naturist Beaches in Cayo Guillermo

by JIMMYSOUP Online Now Sep 13, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Never been to the Carribean before and I know naturist beaches are common place in Santa Maria and Largo. Trouble is these islands are sooo difficult to get to from the UK!

Are there any naturist beaches on Cayo Guillermo or Coco? Are these fairly common place or does one have to hike several miles to get to them?

Thanks

2 Answers Sep 14, 2010 at 3:04 PM
    • Internet Access At Sol Cayo Guillermo?

by chwoolgar Online Now Mar 18, 2010 at 9:26 AM

What internet services are provided at Sol Cayo Guillermo?

I am looking at going this August. I need to be able to access the internet from my laptop. Temporary access is fine but everything, all my passwords etc are on my laptop so using their machines would not be appropriate for me.

Thanks a lot :-)

3 Answers Mar 18, 2010 at 5:10 PM
    • general cuba questions?

by vickychick Online Now Mar 10, 2010 at 4:39 AM

Hello,
      I am going to cayo guillimero in may, I am stopping at caribe club cojimar and I have a few questions. I would be very gratefull if anyone could help with some of them.

I understand you have to pay 25cuc to leave the country, do you have to pay anything to enter the country?

What is the average weather in degrees?

What trips are there to do and roughly how much are they?

How do I book trips through Thomas cook online? (I cant seem to see a link for cayo guillimero trips on there website)

How much is it to fly all inclusive with drinks etc? (due to my partner liking a good drink whilst flying, and I also cant seem to see a link for this).

What is the evening entertainment like (truthfully)?

And finally is anyone else going there in may?

I would be very grateful for any replies or answers.
      Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Mar 10, 2010 at 7:00 PM
    • Melia Cayo Coco Internet

by shawner Online Now Jan 23, 2010 at 6:52 PM

I am going to Melia Cayo Coco next week. Do they have high speed internet? Should I bring my notebook pc?

2 Answers Feb 1, 2010 at 7:01 AM
    • kilsyth

by kilsyth Online Now May 31, 2009 at 2:48 PM

going to gran caribe club cojimar on 7 of july2009 any advice on day trips and cost would be very helpful

• Has anyone been to the Melia Cayo Guillermo in January?

by momojay Online Now Sep 25, 2008 at 11:41 AM

Hi
      We are getting married at the Melia Cayo Guillermo at the end of January 2009 and we wanted to know if anyone has stayed there in Januray? How is the temperature at night? Has anyone had the experience of getting married at that hotel? if so what sort of feedback do you have?
      Thanks a bunch :)

2 Answers Jan 22, 2009 at 4:04 AM
    • Costs

by karen1909 Online Now Jul 1, 2008 at 10:39 AM

How much are the two day excursions with swimming with Dolphins?

• cuban baseball

by xxxlloco Online Now Jan 11, 2008 at 4:15 PM

We've been to ciego d'avila befor. Has any one actually gone to a national league ball game there befor, and was it safe etc.

1 Answer May 27, 2008 at 8:58 AM
    • xxxlloco

by xxxlloco Online Now Jan 9, 2008 at 7:16 PM

The sol cayo guillermo hotel will be closing for reno's from June to sept.2008. Just thought I'd let you all know if ya did'nt already.

• Airport to resort

by octoberangel Online Now Jan 5, 2008 at 3:19 PM

My question is,when you land in Cayo Coco,how do you get to the resort,Is there a road,and how long does it take.

1 Answer Jan 9, 2008 at 5:25 PM
    • Water sports in resort

by yayholidaytime Online Now Nov 20, 2007 at 4:04 AM

Hi

Im going to the Sol Cayo Guillermo in Jan 08 and wondering what watersports there are available at the hotel. As far as I can see it is things like pedalos. Has anyone ever seen anybody doing any kitesurfing there? Not sure what the wind conditions are like or if they would even allow such a sport with the marine life?

Also, have heard that it is good to take out small gifts for the hotel staff. Any advice on what is in favour with them at the moment?

Any other tips or advice would also be appreciated!

Thanks

4 Answers Jan 9, 2008 at 5:53 PM
    • Iberostar Daiquiri in December

by mollers Online Now Sep 5, 2007 at 6:15 AM

Hi - my ten year old son and I are going to the Iberostar in December and I wondered what the weather will be like then? I have looked on websites and seen that the temperature is obviously cooler than in the Summer, but wondered what your experiences of Cuba in December have been?

Also interested in excursions from this hotel.
      Thanks.

• Any one going to villa cojimar 9th August

by amandacurl Online Now Jul 16, 2007 at 10:10 AM

Hi just wondered if anyone going out to this hotel around 9th of august 2007.
      we have been before few years ago. Specially interested to know if you have young children going as we have a 5 year old little girl.
      When ever your going have a great time.

2 Answers Jul 31, 2007 at 3:42 AM
    • Perdomo's Profile Photo

Mosquitos - How bad are they?

by Perdomo Online Now Jul 10, 2007 at 2:02 PM

Hey everyone, how bad is it in Cayo Guillermo? Coco? Las Brujas? can someone fill me in please

3 Answers Jul 30, 2007 at 8:54 PM
    • wedding

by barbie00 Online Now May 19, 2007 at 3:16 PM

Hiya every1,

Me and my partner are going to cayo guillermo on the 11th november this year and are wondering if any1 has been that time of year if so whats the weather like? Were staying at the sol cayo guillermo and are getting married there aswell, whats the hotel like? Has anybody else got married at this hotel if so whats it like? Thanks very much x x x

1 Answer Oct 3, 2007 at 8:37 AM
    • 28th june

by chrisjonez Online Now Apr 6, 2007 at 6:31 AM

hey me and my girlfriend are off to cayo guillermo on the 28th of june was wondering if anyone else is going at the same time?

3 Answers Jun 17, 2007 at 7:15 AM
    • spending money

by oldjenny1 Online Now Feb 19, 2007 at 7:18 AM

Hi,
      How much spending money would you recommend taking with you for cayo guillermo which are the best trips?? And has anyone been mid may not sure what whether will be like hot i hope x
      Thanks peeps

2 Answers Mar 7, 2007 at 2:36 PM
    • kebab26's Profile Photo

Sol Cayo Guillermo

by kebab26 Online Now Jan 31, 2007 at 7:51 AM

Hi, myself and a friend are going to Sol Cayo Guillermo at the end of June 2007.
      I have looked several reviews up but wondered if anyone has been there recently??
      Thanks

3 Answers Nov 20, 2007 at 4:11 AM
    • Weather in Cayo Guillermo in July

by ktlee Online Now Jun 28, 2006 at 7:12 AM

I am going to Cayo Guillermo in 2 weeks time I am staying at the Villa Cojimar and was wondering if anyone could give me any idea of what the weather will be like in July and what the hotel is like I have read mixed responses.

Thanx

1 Answer Mar 7, 2007 at 2:17 PM
    • money

by dizzyhall73 Online Now May 31, 2006 at 4:45 AM

Im off to Cayo Guillermo on honeymoon in 5 weeks. We are staying at the Melia and I just wanted to clarify about credit cards which can be used. We are thinking of using them for booking the excursions. I have a Barclaycard and a visa issued by the Cooperative Bank and also a Tesco Credit card. Can anyone confirm that I will be able to use these ok.

Also, I have read so many mixed reviews about the hotel - has anyone been this year and have any comments? Also are there cashpoints in the hotel or do we need to take sterling to change into convertable pesos?

Any advice would be welcomed!

Thanks
      Philippa

1 Answer Jun 8, 2006 at 10:40 AM
    • cnorwood's Profile Photo

Villa Cojimar May/June 2006

by cnorwood Online Now May 16, 2006 at 5:35 AM

Hi, myself and my partner are going to Villa Cojimar in Cayo Guillermo next week, 24th May 2006, for 2 weeks. I was hoping for some advice on the hotel, the people, trips, water and any Cuba Cayo's travel tips. And also could someone let me know what the weather is like at this time of year as there are mixed reports. I am expecting glorious sunshine with a bit of a downpour in the early evenings.

Is anyone else going at this time? Would be nice to meet some people...!

7 Answers Jan 8, 2007 at 4:36 PM
    • melia cayo guillermo

by holnut Online Now Apr 30, 2006 at 9:33 AM

We've just booked to go 26/11/06 for 2 weeks. I know its ages off but is anybody else going then?. My daughter stayed at this resort last year and loved it.

1 Answer May 19, 2006 at 12:46 AM
    • iberostar daiquiri

by huw.brickell Online Now Apr 28, 2006 at 6:21 AM

we are travelling to the Iberostar during October , and are looking for feedback on taking our young baby. Has anyone got any advice on this ? Also , have any of you been to the island during october , as we have been told that this is in the middle of the hurricane season ?
      Look forward to your replies...

2 Answers May 4, 2006 at 2:01 AM
    • Sol Cayo Guillermo

by todoconfidel Online Now Jan 6, 2006 at 8:30 AM

Hello All,
      I am travelling to this resort in late February. Has anyone been there before? And if so do you have any tips on what I should bring or be careful of or whatever?

Thanks so much!
      Alex

3 Answers Feb 4, 2006 at 10:50 AM
    • Visa Electron

by jimangie Online Now Apr 22, 2005 at 8:31 PM

I'm of to Cayo Guillermo at the begining of June, 2005. Can anyone tell me, can i use my Visa Elecron Debit card on the Island, or at any of the hotels?.
      Has anyone stayed at the Sol Cayo Guillermo? if so what is it like?.

1 Answer May 10, 2005 at 9:28 AM