change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Cayo District Travel Answer Locations

• What kind of tree is this?

Bullet Tree Falls Jun 22, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Went to Montezuma's Castle today and would like to know the name of the multi-colored trunk of this tree. Can you help?

Regards
      Pamela Patton

2 Answers Jun 22, 2014 at 11:13 PM
    • MiriamT's Profile Photo

ATM guide

San Ignacio Jul 13, 2013 at 6:36 AM

Have seen Pacz, Mayawalker & BZM listed for this tour. Who would you recommend or other. Do we need to book it ahead of time and is $110 a definite price is is it open for negotiations?

8 Answers Sep 30, 2013 at 8:37 PM
    • MiriamT's Profile Photo

Airport to SI

San Ignacio Jul 11, 2013 at 11:13 AM

What is the best and most economical way to get to San Ignacio from the airport?

6 Answers Jul 19, 2013 at 10:31 AM
    • bouldersuzanne's Profile Photo

Getting from San Ignacio to Dangriga

San Ignacio Apr 9, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Does anyone have suggestions for the easiest way to get from San Ignacio to Dangriga? My friend and I will be there in June and we will not have a car. Thanks!

2 Answers Apr 12, 2013 at 8:12 AM
    • transportation

Xunantunich Dec 5, 2011 at 9:27 AM

We are taking a cruise in march and wanted to know the methods of transportation in roatan,belize,grand cayman. So what transportaion can we use to the ruins from our ship dock Thank you

5 Answers Dec 6, 2011 at 6:18 AM
    • Need Help

San Ignacio Mar 31, 2011 at 9:53 AM

I need to know a lot of things to do here... Can anyone help me?

2 Answers Mar 31, 2011 at 10:06 AM
    • bahamamartinimaker's Profile Photo

getting from San Ignacio to Placentia

San Ignacio Mar 24, 2011 at 11:49 AM

My Husband and I are staying at the Trek Stop for 2 nights in mid April. Does anyone know what the timing of buses is for getting to Placentia? Wondering if there will be time for us to walk to Xunatech (sp) in the morning and grab a noon bus to get to Placentia at a decent time? First trip of this kind for us, appreciate any input! Thanks!

6 Answers Feb 27, 2012 at 12:54 AM
    • How long will it take to drive from San Ignacio to BZE airport?

San Ignacio Sep 29, 2010 at 11:19 AM

We have an 11:45am departure out of BZE, in late October. Will the roads be slow, due to end of rainy season?
      How much time should we allow to drive from San Ignacio to BZE?
      Do we need to check in a full 2-3 hours before our flight departure?
      We will be returning our rental car to Crystal Rental Cars....do you think that will be a slow process?
      I am worried about making the flight obviously.
      Thanks for your thoughts!

2 Answers Oct 3, 2010 at 3:47 PM
    • Room mate or Someone to Hang Out With

San Pedro Jul 31, 2010 at 4:26 PM

My goal is to get away from the midwest winter - so I am want to find a place to rent from mid-to-late December until April 15th or so (my dates are flexible. I haveeone some leads on places to rent, but thught I would check out to see if anyone else is going to Ambergris Caye (I have been 4 times) and wanted a someone to do stuff with. I would be good with a roommate or just someone to go places with or play cards, etc. on an occasional basis. I am a married woman, my husband and 15 year old son will stay stateside and come down for spring break. I'm well educated, fun and like people.

2 Answers Jul 31, 2010 at 9:33 PM
    • Looking to rent an apartment or ? with kitchen facilities for 6/7 weeks

San Ignacio Jun 20, 2010 at 9:14 PM

I'm planning to come to San Ignacio next February (2011) for 6 or 7 weeks and would like to rent a nice apartment or? with kitchen facilities, TV, AC, walkable to city center, safe neighborhood. Any ideas on who or how to contact for this. THANKS for all replies.

2 Answers Oct 3, 2010 at 4:00 PM
    • Marthas

San Ignacio Jun 16, 2010 at 11:53 AM

We've been trying to find good accommodation in San Ignacio and have finally settled on a place called Martha's Guesthouse. Does anyone know anything about this place? Thanks!

2 Answers Jun 16, 2010 at 10:30 PM
    • Transportation from Belize Zoo

San Ignacio Apr 9, 2010 at 4:28 PM

How long is the bus trip from the Belize Zoo to San Ignacio? Is there a shuttle service that will pick us up at the Belize Zoo and take us to San Ignacio? How far is it from San Ignacio to Xunantunich? Thank you!

1 Answer Apr 28, 2010 at 10:48 PM
    • has anyone stayed at Table Rock resort?

Cayo Oct 14, 2009 at 9:02 AM

i've heard wonderful things about it, can anyone here tell me what it's like?

• Hodies and security

San Ignacio Aug 26, 2009 at 1:56 PM

I'm wondering about the thumbs up for Hodies, especially for dinner when it is likely that patrons will be coming home in the dark. The restaurant is located up near the soccer field and I understand that there was an attempted robbery there.

So, if there are other places for me to eat in San Ignacio, I don't think I'm going to take the chance.

2 Answers Aug 26, 2009 at 4:27 PM
    • lost site

Benque Viejo Feb 20, 2009 at 12:35 PM

I found a website to volunteer helping to build an eco-village and school. Now I cannot find itm again. Anyone know of this site? Send me a link please.

2 Answers Feb 20, 2009 at 9:01 PM
    • Pine Mountain Ridge

San Ignacio Jun 22, 2008 at 12:38 PM

So you travelled through the mountains looks like..? We will be in Belize in Aug. and are going to the Cayo region after spending a few days in Caye Caulker. Have been looking at several lodges, in particular Pine Mountain Lodge I think is the name. I guess there are many - do you suggest going from place to place? Did you base out of one location or keep moving with Eva's?

Thanks!

• Earthtourist's Profile Photo

Dam progress

San Ignacio Feb 5, 2006 at 9:16 AM

I've been reading about the dam that was proposed for the Macal River upstream of San Ignacio. I've canoed that river up and down and am horrified that they are going to flood that incredibly lovely area. I wonder how much construction has gone on so far and for how long canoing the river will be possible. I'm trying to get back to there as soon as I can.

1 Answer Feb 5, 2006 at 7:24 PM
    • Want to Visit San Ignacio

San Ignacio Jan 10, 2006 at 9:51 AM

Hi,

We are considering a trip to San Ignacio this year, end of March beginning of April. What is the weather like this time of year? From what I have been reading on this site, it seems that San Ignacio is pretty centralized for caving, Mayan Ruins, etc. Is San Ignacio near the beach or inland? How far from the Airport and what is the best transportation and place to stay?

Thank you for any and/or all your help.

9 Answers Feb 20, 2009 at 4:29 PM
    • Chris

Xunantunich Jul 23, 2005 at 7:21 PM

We are coming in on a Carnival Cruise ship. How far from the port is this and what is the easiest/cheapest way to get there?

1 Answer Jul 24, 2005 at 3:22 PM
    • Easter

Cayo District Feb 23, 2005 at 4:45 PM

I am coming for Easter to San Ignacio. Does any body have any more information or sites to visit regarding the Easter Festival that they have?

The new Rough Guides mentions it, but just in passing.

Smokey

• honeymoon info

Cahal Pech Nov 27, 2004 at 8:40 PM

Hey! I am interested in hearing from anyone who has stayed at the Cahal Pech Village Resort. It seems very affordable, but is it really a good value? I would like to stay in one of the cabanas rather than the hotel. Naturally, I want to make sure the place is honeymoon-worthy. thanks so much for any tips.

3 Answers Jan 14, 2005 at 2:06 PM
    • Eating in San Ignacio

San Ignacio Nov 23, 2004 at 6:29 AM

I'm traveling to San Ignacio in Dec. I'm very concern with getting good food at an affordable price. I really don't want to be sick over Xmas. A friend of mine was in Belize last Xmas and ate at a place called Nefry's he said it's new but it's the best. He also told me to keep away from Eva's. Does anyone know about either of these places? I really would appriciate your help since I'm travelling for the first tim and alone. Thanks you all. Wadia

5 Answers Feb 27, 2006 at 6:43 PM
    • Where does a person inquire in Belize government minisries?

Belmopan Aug 7, 2004 at 9:45 AM

Would like to immigrate to Belize. Need to know how to contact that government's various ministries.

2 Answers Aug 19, 2004 at 5:52 AM
    • Cae Tubing

San Ignacio Sep 30, 2003 at 8:53 AM

Has anyone been cave tubing in the San Ignacio area? I will be there in Dec. I have seen that Cave's Branch offers it, but it seems a bit far from San Ignacio. Any suggestions?

2 Answers Sep 30, 2003 at 4:20 PM