Cayenne Travel Answers

change location
DSwede's Profile Photo

Flights to/from Brazil

by DSwede Online Now Mar 4, 2012 at 5:13 AM

I'm having a hard time finding an airline or carrier that services Cayenne from either Rio de Janeiro or Sao Paulo. Does anyone know an airline that services Cayenne from these places, either directly or with a transfer?

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • cgf's Profile Photo

Re: Flights to/from Brazil

by cgf Online Now Mar 4, 2012 at 5:32 AM

have you tried via Belém?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • DSwede's Profile Photo

by DSwede Online Now Mar 4, 2012 at 6:38 AM

I easily found flights within Brazil to Belem, but could not find anything that continued to Cayenne from there.

I'd been looking for a long time before I posted this and only just now have I found that Air Caraïbes services Belem to Cayenne. It appears to be the only commercial carrier to do so, but only twice per week and current return is ~380Eur...

Due to time constraints, I don't believe I have time to go overland. But I just have to from Macapa if connection times and prices don't work. Still hoping someone may know a more direct route.

• cgf's Profile Photo

by cgf Online Now Mar 4, 2012 at 6:56 AM

French Guiana is an overseas region and department of France, I've been looking to go there while I was in Venezuela few years ago, but no ways to go as with Venezuela there is a quarrel about territories with al lot of mines.
    Beside, as far I also understood, it's not a pleasent place where to go and tourist are not very welcome.
    There is low request to go there that's why not so many flights and [few] roads conditions are not the best, of course flight fares are high.

• DSwede's Profile Photo

by DSwede Online Now Mar 4, 2012 at 7:02 AM

I've backpacked through Guyana and Suriname. As you go East through them, things do generally get more expensive, but they also get safer and the infrastructure gets better. I've been told the same is true between Surname and French Guyana. I'd like to see it first hand and dispel the rumors.

• DSwede's Profile Photo

by DSwede Online Now Mar 8, 2012 at 3:17 AM

Negative, none of these service Cayenne at all, particularly not originating from Brazil. I'd really like to know where you found this if it is true

American Airlines Flights - Does not service Cayenne
    Tam Brazilian Airlines Flights - Does not service Cayenne
    Delta Airlines Flights - Does not service Cayenne
    Continental Airlines Flights - Does not service Cayenne
    United Flights - Does not service Cayenne
    Us Airways Flights - Does not service Cayenne

• TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now Mar 8, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I found the same negative results when I tried getting from Sao Paulo or Rio to Cayenne via the net for you. No carriers from Brazil into French Guiana (F.G.)

What I have found is that the main service from outside of F.G. seems to come from Saint Lucie and Saint Martin via Air Antilles Express. The other airline in the country air guayana is all internal. Try the airantilles.com site if you are looking for a way into F.G. and can handle leaving from the Caribbean.

• DSwede's Profile Photo

by DSwede Online Now Mar 8, 2012 at 4:42 PM

I found that Air Caraïbes services Belem to Cayenne twice per week. I can fly domestically from Rio to Belem. So far that's the most direct way.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines