Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• MissParamin's Profile Photo

New Year's 2015

by MissParamin Online Now Dec 16, 2014 at 2:51 AM

Hi all,

My husband and I will be spending our New Year's in Belize's Caye Caulker and was wondering what New Year's Eve/Day is like there. Would there be many events to attend on the night also can anyone recommend a good restaurant for dinner? Is it best to perhaps book as I imagine it can be quite busy...

Any suggestions/recommendations will be most helpful.

Thanks in advance.

more
    • Safety Concern

by Blstout Online Now Dec 1, 2014 at 12:26 PM

We have been thinking about going to Caye Faulker but after reading such scary reviews of things that happen there we are really concerned if we will be safe there. We are four ladies age 62. Should we stay away and go somewhere else? We really wanted to experience everyday carebbean life and not stay at some fancy all inclusive place
      Thank you for any help
      Brenda

more
    • MissParamin's Profile Photo

New Year's 2015

by MissParamin Online Now Dec 16, 2014 at 2:51 AM

Hi all,

My husband and I will be spending our New Year's in Belize's Caye Caulker and was wondering what New Year's Eve/Day is like there. Would there be many events to attend on the night also can anyone recommend a good restaurant for dinner? Is it best to perhaps book as I imagine it can be quite busy...

Any suggestions/recommendations will be most helpful.

Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Dec 16, 2014 at 5:13 AM
    • Safety Concern

by Blstout Online Now Dec 1, 2014 at 12:26 PM

We have been thinking about going to Caye Faulker but after reading such scary reviews of things that happen there we are really concerned if we will be safe there. We are four ladies age 62. Should we stay away and go somewhere else? We really wanted to experience everyday carebbean life and not stay at some fancy all inclusive place
      Thank you for any help
      Brenda

5 Answers Dec 2, 2014 at 11:16 AM
    • Safety in Caye Caulker

by thekubiaks Online Now Oct 17, 2014 at 8:05 AM

We plan on coming to Caye Caulker in March with our two daughters 10 and 12. Is it safe for children?

4 Answers Oct 17, 2014 at 4:56 PM
    • Planning to revisit Caye Caulker in July 2014

by presson Online Now Apr 4, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Wanting suggestions on low cost option for house, my wife and I are are 56 yrs. old. We are Christian Missionaries in the US are getting close to turning this ministry over to another and interested in ministry in Caye Caulker. On our visit in Feb. I spoke with several Nationals, seemed very open wanting to visit a second time for a longer period of time. Needing some input, anyone, anything thanks

• Noisy near airport?

by dflamingo Online Now Mar 24, 2014 at 9:50 AM

If you stay on the southern part of the island, near the air strip, how noisy is it with planes flying over the beach?

8 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 7:45 AM
    • kc4ness's Profile Photo

Water or air from airport to Caye Caulker

by kc4ness Online Now Jan 15, 2014 at 2:32 PM

It cost more by air - but does it really matter which travel method is used? And I am curious about the lack of recent posts about this destination. Old news is no news! By the way I am staying at one of Wish Willys rentals for Feb. and March of this year.

2 Answers Jan 16, 2014 at 8:14 AM
    • boat ride from belize city to cay caulker

by icequeen25 Online Now Jan 6, 2014 at 2:36 PM

my flight is scheduled to land at 4:30 at Belize city... the last boat is scheduled to leave 5:35 towards Caye Caulker, is this enough time to make the boat? Is there any safety concerns to be aware of from the taxi ride from the airport to the water taxi station?

5 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 9:24 AM
    • bats, snakes, spiders

by icequeen25 Online Now Jan 6, 2014 at 2:34 PM

what are my chances to run into snakes, trantulas, or bats while I am in Caye Caulker... don't mean to sound like a big baby :) but would really like to be prepared when I arrive!

5 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 11:53 AM
    • Advice on Caribbean/ Central American destination?

by cwnj Online Now Jan 4, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Hi!
      Looking to take a vacation with my hubby, we are 28 and 31, and excited to spend a week away from the kids :). I am trying to decide on a Caribbean or Central American destination, but cannot pick one! This will be our first time in the Caribbean/ Central American region.
      The main attributes I am looking for are LOTS of adventure and water sports, and limited amount of tourists. I am looking to get a bit off the beaten path, and dont want to spend the week swarmed by other tourists!
      I looked at Belize (Amberigris Caye and Caye Caulker) and at Bocas del Toro. Belize seems a tad crime-ridden for my taste...

Any suggestions? Thank you!!

2 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Forwarded Mail

by kc4ness Online Now Sep 10, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Is it better to leave a forwarding address with the Post Office or rely on relatives to screen my mail for anything important?

2 Answers Sep 18, 2013 at 6:30 AM
    • shannonmarie44's Profile Photo

Thinking of moving to Belize

by shannonmarie44 Online Now Sep 4, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I'm thinking about moving to Belize in a month, and would like to know of any suggestions on a cheap, clean, safe city on the beach.

2 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 1:39 PM
    • goodgirl77's Profile Photo

5 days enough on Caye Caulker?

by goodgirl77 Online Now Aug 13, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Hey guys...I am trying to organize my trip through Belize, coming from Mexico and turning to Guatemala.
      A friend said about Belize: it´s all about Caye Caulker and Shark Ray Alley....so, regarding the prices of accoms in CC would you recommend that 5 days are enough to snorkle and dive around CC? I could spend up to 2 weeks (more or less) in Belize and I guess there is plenty to see.
      Happy for any advice. Thx

14 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Money to use

by kc4ness Online Now Aug 12, 2013 at 6:43 PM

I intend to rely on using my bank card for purchases and expenses while in Belize and the Dominican Republic. I already know that I need to tell my bank my travel plans. What is the recommended amount of pocket money to carry? And is it better in some instances to use travelers checks? I will be in both countries for a total of three months.

4 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Safety

by kc4ness Online Now Jul 21, 2013 at 1:09 PM

How safe is it for a 65 year old gentleman? I will be enjoying myself there for two months next year and my landlord assures me that it will be safe with normal prudence. I want to know more.

5 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 1:41 PM
    • MiriamT's Profile Photo

Advise

by MiriamT Online Now Jul 7, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Any advise on who to hire for fishing? Will be there July 23-27th. Also good place to snorkel and any do not miss attractions. Appreciate any and all suggestions.
      thank you!

7 Answers Jul 9, 2013 at 2:52 PM
    • How to repel snad flies

by kcredneck Online Now Jan 7, 2013 at 6:07 PM

My wife and I have been going down to Caye Caulker and love it, BUT the sand flies eat us up. Does anyone have a good repellent.

5 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • where can I park my car before I get on the water taxi?

by amargrav Online Now Mar 15, 2011 at 5:15 PM

I'm picking up my husband at the airport and we plan on driving to the water taxis. Does anyone know of a safe place to park our vehicle for a few days?

1 Answer Mar 16, 2011 at 3:13 PM
    • RE:New Years eve 2010

by MelifluousMel Online Now Oct 10, 2010 at 3:35 PM

What's happening NYE 2010 in Caye Caulker?

MelifluousMel

• BabyKitty's Profile Photo

Lena's Guest House, Caye Caulker

by BabyKitty Online Now Jun 16, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Can I get a reveiw on Lena's Guest House, Caye Caulker?? Thx

2 Answers Sep 25, 2011 at 10:50 AM
    • 2giants's Profile Photo

weather in October

by 2giants Online Now May 28, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Anyone know what the weather can be like the last week in October? We don't want to go then if it will be constant rain - and hurricane possibilities.
      Thanks

2 Answers May 29, 2010 at 4:10 PM
    • No reservation

by keithfran123 Online Now Feb 21, 2010 at 9:05 PM

We are arriving in Caye Calker on the 27th of February. We are going to try to find a room after we arrive. Are we making a mistake or are there plenty of places to stay? We work for the airlines and travel standby so we do not know if we will make it on the day we shoot for. Do we need to try for reservations?

Thanks, Regina

4 Answers Mar 6, 2010 at 7:37 PM
    • Internet Cafe Costs?

by saltyunderground Online Now Aug 6, 2009 at 5:25 AM

We are trying to decide if we want to bring our laptop to Caye Caulker or use an internet cafe to access email everyday. We have an internet business so access is needed. Anyone know the cost of internet use in Cafe on Caye Caulker?

3 Answers Mar 16, 2010 at 8:04 AM
    • ragamuffin tours

by karenrifkin Online Now Mar 30, 2009 at 6:46 PM

I will be in Caye Caulker in two weeks and plan on taking the 3 day Ragamuffin Tour to Placencia. I am reading mixed reviews. Anyone have current information on this?
      Thanks

3 Answers Oct 13, 2011 at 8:48 AM
    • Jefie's Profile Photo

Tour operators for an excursion to Tikal

by Jefie Online Now Nov 28, 2008 at 7:40 AM

Hi! Could anyone recommend a reliable tour operator based in Caye Caulker or Belize City that organizes 2 or 3 days excursions to Tikal, Guatemala? Thanks!

• water taxi pickup at the airport?

by sabby54 Online Now Mar 15, 2008 at 6:43 AM

We booked water taxis through the Caye Caulker Water Taxi website. The page says arrangements can be made for pickup at the International Airport, but no details of how to reserve. Do we just look for a water taxi sign at the airport?
      thanks,
      sabby54

4 Answers Mar 22, 2008 at 9:11 PM
    • Happy Lobster question

by bethdwiggins Online Now Dec 27, 2007 at 8:24 PM

Hello! No one mentioned if they served a lobster dinner. I'm sure they do... Has anyone had it? If so how was it??? I'm a die-hard lobster fan...drooling at the thought..haha...thanks! Beth

3 Answers Dec 30, 2007 at 4:02 PM
    • Water taxi info

by MsP57 Online Now Aug 2, 2007 at 7:33 AM

Wondering about details of the water taxi boats: How many water taxi companies are there? Size of engines,etc. Are there many repair shops there? Seriously considering moving there and need to know if work will be available...propeller repairs.

2 Answers Aug 20, 2007 at 2:01 PM
    • Swimming / beaches

by cjtalley Online Now Jul 12, 2007 at 12:54 PM

Hi, I am looking for a not-so-incredibly-expensive beach destination for a family of five, including a 16-year-old and two 11-year-olds. Caye Caulker in Belize sounds beautiful and inexpensive, but I can't seem to find any information on swimming. Everything is about snorkeling or diving. Are the beaches swim-friendly? My kids will want to be out in the water. Thanks.

4 Answers Jul 16, 2007 at 12:41 PM
    • Chryselle's Profile Photo

Weather in Caye Caulker today/this week?

by Chryselle Online Now Feb 6, 2007 at 5:27 PM

Hi,

I've been checking the weather in Belize City and it looks like it will be raining throughout most of next week (some kind of slow-moving cold front). Anyone in Caye Caulker right now? Has it been pouring all day? Will I still be able to snorkel?

(someone posted a similar message earlier but since the weather is unpredictable, I just had to ask again).

Keeping my fingers crossed,
      Chryselle

2 Answers Feb 7, 2007 at 12:27 PM
    • food price

by daniel27 Online Now Feb 4, 2007 at 3:42 AM

hello i wonder whats its cost to eat in restaurants in caye caulker

5 Answers Feb 22, 2013 at 10:07 PM