Caye Caulker Travel Answers

change location

No reservation

by keithfran123 Online Now Feb 21, 2010 at 9:05 PM

We are arriving in Caye Calker on the 27th of February. We are going to try to find a room after we arrive. Are we making a mistake or are there plenty of places to stay? We work for the airlines and travel standby so we do not know if we will make it on the day we shoot for. Do we need to try for reservations?

Thanks, Regina

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: No reservation

by Odinnthor Online Now Feb 21, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Well, you are better off to book ahead, however there are a number of places there, even more than my last visit, so I would risk it if you have no other choice. Enjoy the Caye, it is quite a place, and much nicer than Amberies Cays as it is a litlle overun already. Here is a list of all the properties. Why don;t you go down the list check out what you would like, and then communicate with them, and tell them your dilemma. As nice as the Belizians are, I am sure they will accommodate you.

cayecaulkerbelize.net/where_...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Jefie's Profile Photo

by Jefie Online Now Feb 22, 2010 at 5:37 AM

We traveled to Caye Caulker last year and as soon as we got off the water taxi, there was someone there asking if we needed help with accommodations. We'd already booked something, but I think there's a good number of people who just show up and find something right on the spot. Perhaps you could book something for the day after you're supposed to arrive and leave the first evening open in case you don't make it?

• JJfromNJ's Profile Photo

by JJfromNJ Online Now Feb 22, 2010 at 6:58 AM

I was in CC just last month and it seemed like a lot of people were showing up without reservations. I think you'll be fine, there are so many options there.

• LoKawal's Profile Photo

by LoKawal Online Now Mar 6, 2010 at 7:37 PM

We spent 9 days on Caye Caulker and fell in love! We also arrived with no plans and no reservations. We were offered places, especially by 'Bobby' on the bike. He will take you to a place (varies) and if you do stay there, he gets a 'commission'. So, the pressure is on...

Anyway, we stayed at the Rainbow Hotel...great location, decent rooms, 2nd floor so we could get a breeze, reasonable price. There are many quiet rooms along the main drag, so you should find something.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines