Caye Caulker Travel Answers

change location

Internet Cafe Costs?

by saltyunderground Online Now Aug 6, 2009 at 5:25 AM

We are trying to decide if we want to bring our laptop to Caye Caulker or use an internet cafe to access email everyday. We have an internet business so access is needed. Anyone know the cost of internet use in Cafe on Caye Caulker?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • onebadcat's Profile Photo

Re: Internet Cafe Costs?

by onebadcat Online Now Aug 6, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Don't remember exact numbers but it was SUPER expensive! Want to say maybe as high as1/minute? I think i checked my email once and it set me back5. However, showing up with a laptop? I don't remember places with wireless service either? Maybe someone else will have more specifics for you.

Scott

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Internet Cafe Costs?

by marybeths Online Now Mar 10, 2010 at 7:33 AM

Just returned from Caye Caulker 5 days ago - truly hated to leave! There are plenty of Internet cafes, very cheap with fast connections. I purchased 15 minutes for1.50 US ($3 Belize). 30 minutes and up intervals are also available - very inexpensive. There are at least 3 Internet cafes in the tiny village - very easy to find.

• onebadcat's Profile Photo

Re: Internet Cafe Costs?

by onebadcat Online Now Mar 16, 2010 at 8:04 AM

$1.50 for 15 minutes is what I meant by very expensive :) I was used to paying much less on the mainland and throughout CAm and MX. Course compared to the US that is cheap. Sorry I should have looked up prices when I originally posted.

Scott

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines