Caye Caulker Travel Answers

change location

ragamuffin tours

by karenrifkin Online Now Mar 30, 2009 at 6:46 PM

I will be in Caye Caulker in two weeks and plan on taking the 3 day Ragamuffin Tour to Placencia. I am reading mixed reviews. Anyone have current information on this?
Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • onebadcat's Profile Photo

Re: ragamuffin tours

by onebadcat Online Now Mar 31, 2009 at 8:28 AM

I have done it twice and loved it both times. The price has increased this year but it is, I think, still worth it. The trip is really more like two and a half days as the last day you are in Placencia by early afternoon. The food is fantastic (especially dinners), the rum flows freely and the snorkeling is top notch as well. Some of the people who don't enjoy this trip may be looking for complete pampering or just don't like going in the water? We had some people on our boat who really weren't into snorkeling – yawn. If you don't like snorkeling or camping don't go because all that leaves is drinking rum and laying on the boat while everyone else is having fun in the water. If you want any more detail on the trip let me know.

Scott

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: ragamuffin tours

by SMetz Online Now Sep 25, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Hi Scott - I know this was a while ago now, but I would love to hear more of this. We want to spent up to a week on Caye Caulker and want to go snorkeling and would even be okay with day trips but are just looking for a bit of guidance as to what's available. Helpful hints would be most appreciated? Where did you stay on CC?

• onebadcat's Profile Photo

Re: ragamuffin tours

by onebadcat Online Now Oct 13, 2011 at 8:48 AM

Sorry I missed this earlier in the month. Hope you had a great trip.

Scott

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines