Caye Caulker Travel Answers

change location

Happy Lobster question

by bethdwiggins Online Now Dec 27, 2007 at 8:24 PM

Hello! No one mentioned if they served a lobster dinner. I'm sure they do... Has anyone had it? If so how was it??? I'm a die-hard lobster fan...drooling at the thought..haha...thanks! Beth

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • loverby's Profile Photo

Re: Happy Lobster question

by loverby Online Now Dec 28, 2007 at 6:07 AM

Beth,

As for your question, I stayed on Caye Caulker a couple of years ago and they did, in fact, have lobster. Although, I stayed there in July and am not sure if there is a particular season for lobster down there. The lobsters are the spiny Caribbean kind versus the New England kind. When I had them, I thought they were good. However, some people just don't like the Caribbean kind.

Landon

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • gfinesilver's Profile Photo

Re: Happy Lobster question

by gfinesilver Online Now Dec 29, 2007 at 11:47 AM

good lobster. the cheapest for about 15 bze dollars is from the fat man who is on front street somewhere near the middle most nights. and yes there is a no lobster season which i can't remember the dates of at present.
    eat up!

• Re: Happy Lobster question

by ReelDUel Online Now Dec 30, 2007 at 4:02 PM

from what I can find Lobster season is closed 15 Feb-15 June. I have found that they do serve lobster during the off season also. I would guess that they are frozen and not fresh. I am not sure about the frozen part jus my guess

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines