Caye Caulker Travel Answers

change location

fishing in caye caulker

by padeg Online Now Jan 9, 2007 at 3:24 PM

How much does it cost to fish and which place is the best for safety.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: fishing in caye caulker

by lloydhill Online Now Jan 19, 2007 at 11:23 AM

On Caye Caulker there is a place called Mario's Tours. I spent about two weeks on that little island a few months ago. I went snorkeling, deep sea fishing, got open water scuba certification, and spear fishing with those guys and they have really great crew.

Once you get off boat walk up to first main street (dirt) and turn left. Mario's is up on your left, everyone knows, so just ask. You can contact him at Mariostours@yahoo.com or call once you get there. 226-0056.

I am going back in Feb for a month and I can't wait. I love that little island.

Lloyd

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: fishing in caye caulker

by altese Online Now Feb 12, 2007 at 4:17 PM

Depending on if you want to fly fish or just toss a few lines near the reef, which is 1/4 mi away from the island. Go and hang out in the bars and a local will take you out if you put some gas in their boat for no fee. Of course there are others that will approach you and charge a hefty fee, but I would just relax and talk with some of the locals and you will be fishing in no time. Caye Caulker is a very safe island. I would stay either in the rooms attached to the sports bar with new tile, hot water, ac, and cable for 20 dollars a night or go to the far end of the island opposite the split to Ignacio's Cabanas and enjoy the seclusion for 12 dollars a night. Ignacio has cold beer in his office too, which is a wonderful thing. They don't allow rastas on the property, I've literally seen the old man chase one with a machete.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines